NFL Game in Wembly - Dolphins V Giants

Started by SuperDooperCooper, April 30, 2007, 01:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDooperCooper

Wembley tickets set to go on sale in May

Tickets for the NFL regular season game at Wembley between the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants will go on sale on May 16 to the lucky ones among those who have registered to buy seats for the historic occasion.

Within 72 hours of the NFL announcing the first competitive game to be played outside of North America, nfluk.com received requests for more than half a million tickets to its special registration site.

Next week, an email will be sent out to registrants, confirming details of the on-sale date and procedure.

Prior to May 16, the first group of registrants to get lucky in the lottery for tickets will receive a further email giving them details of the next steps they have to take. Notification will include details on pricing and how many tickets individual applicants are able to buy.

Alistair Kirkwood, managing director of NFL UK, explained: "It is taking time for us to move this process forward, partly because we want everything to run as smoothly as possible. Beyond the May 16 offer there will be further opportunities to buy tickets so don't despair if you are not among the first group to be given the chance to purchase."

The link :- http://www.nfluk.com/news-display.php?id=2444

Gnevin

If they painted a wall and we where all let watch it dry it would be more exciting than this
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gabriel_Hurl

Well that's your opinion

Millions around the world would beg to differ with it

magickingdom

af is one of the worlds greatest games gnevin. get a rule book and enjoy - that will be some occasion....

Hardy

That's about it all right - reading a rulebook would be more enjoyable. (Jays I'm backing up a Dub!)

Gnevin

Quote from: magickingdom on April 30, 2007, 02:26:14 PM
af is one of the worlds greatest games gnevin. get a rule book and enjoy - that will be some occasion....
I've watched 2 super bowls, any game in which take over 4 hours to play 1 hour is just to damn slow
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Hardy

Not really fair to be invading your thread lads, but why do they call it football?

AZOffaly

Why do they call Gaelic Football 'football'? There's almost as much kicking in the American variety now. And I'd bet if you understood the game, you'd enjoy it.

SuperDooperCooper

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on April 30, 2007, 02:05:31 PM
If they painted a wall and we where all let watch it dry it would be more exciting than this

I have to agree with the Dub on this one
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hardy

You have a point there AZ, about the handpassing. I just find it incredibly boring watching what's essentially a series of committee meetings at which they always decide to do the same thing – "OK, go out there and find someone to collide with".

I'm just having a bit of crack.  I do understand the game – I spent enough time in the States to get at good handle on it. I just don't like it and it bores me. Sorry about that, but I can't force myself to like it.

Gabriel_Hurl

Lads - if you are so bored by it - why bother coming into the thread at all then?

Gnevin

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 30, 2007, 03:04:29 PM
Lads - if you are so bored by it - why bother coming into the thread at all then?
That should be obvious because we are even more bored in work  ;D

Hardy

Good question Gabriel. I don't know, to be honest - just wandered in here.

Maybe it's that this thread is way less boring than an American Football match.  :P

The Real Laoislad

Sorry i'll leave now enjoy yer thread lads :-[
You'll Never Walk Alone.