Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Wasn't fishing but nonetheless managed to reel in a couple of fools in double quick time.

Armagh18

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 05, 2023, 09:44:36 AM
Wasn't fishing but nonetheless managed to reel in a couple of fools in double quick time.
Never would have seen that one coming lol

Snapchap

Quote from: Tubberman on April 05, 2023, 07:53:06 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on April 03, 2023, 10:50:22 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 03, 2023, 07:23:50 PM
He apologised to the AGSI Secretary, presumably on his Party Leaders instructions.
2nd time in recent times EOB has had his knuckles rapped by his Boss.
Again, no he didn't.

Yes, he did. Antoinette Cunningham of AGSI confirmed he "expressed remorse" for dragging the gardai into a political matter.
What do you think expressing remorse means?

Firstly, she made that claim today, so unless Rossfan could see into the future?

Secondly, have you heard him apologise? I haven't. For all we know he said the same privately as he said publicly, which was that he didn't intend his retweet to be an attack on the gardaí, and she perhaps interpreted that as an "expression of remorse" rather than a clarification as he called it himself, and as she too called it in her first comments about their conversation.

In any case, the point remains that you're desperately clinging to the 'dead cat' tactic. I mean, if Philip F**king Ryan is calling it out as such a tactic, then maybe its time you set down the shovel and admitted you're losing this one.

I know I keep saying I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by accepting there's no way you could possibly be so stupid as to have fallen for the distraction tactic, and that's still my view. You are however daft enough to think anyone is falling for it, and more to the point, you're just being actively and deliberately dishonest by pursuing the tactic. And dishonestly is a lot less forgivable than stupidity.

I suppose if O'Broin was only attempting to attack the gardaí, the fallout would have led to anti-gardai sentiment boiling over, and possibly even spilling over onto the streets.....but no, the fallout has led to over €10,000 being raised in support of homelessness charities by the artist selling copies of the piece. It's almost as though people are doing so because they know he debate is really about homelessness and not about the gardaí. In fact, it's almost at though people aren't as stupid as you and your ilk want them to be.

marty34

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 05, 2023, 09:44:36 AM

The usual suspects...lol.

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/0404/1374153-agsi-conference/
The AGSI said evictions are a societal issue, that also affects gardaí, and a large cohort of its members are in rented accommodation because they cannot afford their own homes. General Secretary Antoinette Cunningham said they are "at both sides of this", because as well as being tenants, gardaí have a function to ensure that a breach of the peace does not occur.
"It's a difficult issue, a very sensitive issue and we try and deal with this as sensitively as we can," Ms Cunningham said.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tubberman

Quote from: Snapchap on April 05, 2023, 10:05:10 AM
He apologised to the AGSI Secretary, presumably on his Party Leaders instructions.
Again, no he didn't.

Yes, he did. Antoinette Cunningham of AGSI confirmed he "expressed remorse" for dragging the gardai into a political matter.

Firstly, she made that claim today, so unless Rossfan could see into the future?

Secondly, have you heard him apologise? I haven't. For all we know he said the same privately as he said publicly, which was that he didn't intend his retweet to be an attack on the gardaí, and she perhaps interpreted that as an "expression of remorse" rather than a clarification as he called it himself, and as she too called it in her first comments about their conversation.

In any case, the point remains that you're desperately clinging to the 'dead cat' tactic. I mean, if Philip F**king Ryan is calling it out as such a tactic, then maybe its time you set down the shovel and admitted you're losing this one.

I know I keep saying I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by accepting there's no way you could possibly be so stupid as to have fallen for the distraction tactic, and that's still my view. You are however daft enough to think anyone is falling for it, and more to the point, you're just being actively and deliberately dishonest by pursuing the tactic. And dishonestly is a lot less forgivable than stupidity.

I suppose if O'Broin was only attempting to attack the gardaí, the fallout would have led to anti-gardai sentiment boiling over, and possibly even spilling over onto the streets.....but no, the fallout has led to over €10,000 being raised in support of homelessness charities by the artist selling copies of the piece. It's almost as though people are doing so because they know he debate is really about homelessness and not about the gardaí. In fact, it's almost at though people aren't as stupid as you and your ilk want them to be.

Rossfan has nothing to do with whether EOB apologised or not, so I don't know why you brought him into it.

Secondly, of course I haven't heard him apologise, it was on a phone call between himself and Cunningham.
Are you saying Cunningham lied about it?

Thirdly, I'm not clinging to anything.  I simply posted an update that Cunningham said EOB had "expressed remorse" since you made such a song and dance of denying there was any apology.

Fourthly, leave out the personal insults. It's not contributing anything to call someone stupid, daft and dishonest.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

trueblue1234

Quote from: Tubberman on April 05, 2023, 11:29:52 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on April 05, 2023, 10:05:10 AM
Again, no he didn't.

Rossfan has nothing to do with whether EOB apologised or not, so I don't know why you brought him into it.

Secondly, of course I haven't heard him apologise, it was on a phone call between himself and Cunningham.

Thirdly, I'm not clinging to anything.  I simply posted an update that Cunningham said EOB had "expressed remorse" since you made such a song and dance of denying there was any apology.

Fourthly, leave out the personal insults. It's not contributing anything to call someone stupid, daft and dishonest.

To be fair EOB clarified that he felt remorse that the AGS felt dragged into this and that his post was to highlight the issue of homelessness and the government's evictions policy. And unless I'm mistaken that's exactly what Snapchat was saying from the start.
Perhaps the people annoyed by this tweet should direct their ire at those who voted in law that ensured that AGS would unfortunately be involved in some of
these evictions.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Snapchap

Well you direct quoted the conversation which started with him!! It began with me challenging his claim that EO'B apologised. You challenged my point that he didn't apologise. A bit petty waiting a few days for a claim that he did then apologise to emerge before inserting yourself into the conversation.

If you read my post you'd see that no, I'm not saying that. What I said (if you want to go back as see for yourself) was that it's possible she merely interpreted his clarification (her and his word) as an expression of regret. It's possible too he did apologise. The point is that while nobody knows the exact words he used to her, he has not made any form of apology in public.

A song and dance? How did I make a song and dance exactly? I didn't bring up the subject of an apology, and in response to repeated false claims that he had made one, I simply posted two comments - "no he didn't" and "no he hasn't". A song and dance? Really?
And glad to hear you are not going to cling to the dead cat strategy. Are you prepared to admit that EO'B wasn't trying to have a go at the gardaí then? And that the campaign to suggest that was his motivation was nothing more than a very deliberate, cynical and obvious attempt to divert attention from the heat the government was facing over the eviction ban, as even Philip Ryan has conceded?

You may not be actively calling anyone stupid, but you're treating them as though they are every time you to attempt to suggest that the art was making a commentary on the gardaí rather than on evictions, particularly given the fact that this came about in the days following the eviction ban votes.

Applesisapples

Quote from: seafoid on April 04, 2023, 05:46:22 PM
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?action=post;topic=15128.9075;last_msg=2191840

On the Tweet of a reworked famine eviction picture by Sinn Féin TD Eoin Ó Broin, Commissioner Harris said that the deputy "meant no offence and it is sensible of us not to take offence but it does highlight what a contentious issue this is in society."
My thoughts exactly. When I first saw the photo it was not from a SF tweet a retweet from the artist. I did not take it as a criticism of the Gardai but as a comment on the government policy being akin to the evictions of years gone by. Predictably though opponents of SF have turned the heat on them as a distraction straight from the Boris playbook.
That said SF need to stop handing FF/FG open goals.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on April 27, 2023, 09:26:00 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-65400354

Are Sinn Fein the new stoops?

The battle to win over the middle ground in an UI referendum is on, SF seem to be getting that, hope their die-hards also get that.

Armagh18

Quote from: johnnycool on April 27, 2023, 09:55:29 AM

The battle to win over the middle ground in an UI referendum is on, SF seem to be getting that, hope their die-hards also get that.
as much as I don't like seeing it, I can understand the need. Times have changed. Fair play to Michelle O'Neill.

imtommygunn

It has to be done tbh plus McGuinness paved the way there.

RedHand88

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-65803294

Sinn Féin and Nationalism have alot of friends in Washington. Will help in the long run...

Jim Bob

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 27, 2023, 09:57:19 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 27, 2023, 09:55:29 AM

as much as I don't like seeing it, I can understand the need. Times have changed. Fair play to Michelle O'Neill.

Slow learners are Sinn Fein