TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

Watched Red Rose on Netflix.  A mixed bag.  First episode is pretty crap, and ended up forwarding through a lot of it.  Gets interesting then for a while, but the last few episodes take it down.   

It's entertaining enough, and the kids act well, and are generally pretty charming,  but you can't think too hard about it or it all falls apart.

Watchable and entertaining. Not exactly good though

J70

Latest Succession episode.... holy f**k... flashbacks! And not in a pleasant way.

lurganblue

Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2023, 12:23:39 AM
Latest Succession episode.... holy f**k... flashbacks! And not in a pleasant way.

Amazed at the stock put in the media during election night.  Is that close to reality?

An Watcher

Maybe I'm a bit slow or dozing when I watch this but it reminds me if Billions in a way.  I get the gist but find the detail difficult to follow.  Maybe that's just me?

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: lurganblue on May 16, 2023, 12:17:19 PM

Amazed at the stock put in the media during election night.  Is that close to reality?

I think so.  MAGAs still haven't forgiven Fox News for calling Arizona for Biden.   

J70

Quote from: lurganblue on May 16, 2023, 12:17:19 PM

Yes.

It can take six weeks before results are officially certified by state government. Absentee and mail-in ballots have to be counted, usually after the election date. The media organizations keep a tally of the counted and outstanding vote and, based on their analysis, can usually call the winner of a particular race that same night.

Works fine the vast majority of the time.

The example Succession used of what would happen if a building where 100K absentee votes were stored was torched was an extreme example of what could go wrong, but in reality I seriously doubt if any semi-serious cable news operation would even try to get away with what the company in question did in that episode. Certain politician(s) would all right.

bennydorano

What way do we think Succession ends??

My 2 cents - as they are 3 big spoilt rich kids clearly out of their depth I expect all 3 to end the series getting shafted business wise, cant see how they lose their money. I think Tom wamsgam comes out smelling of roses and Greg will follow as his very rich lackey.

quit yo jibbajabba

Watched bit of that Brian Cox interview yday on bbc, he surmised Logan wasnt dead but just did it so as he could see from afar how the 3 children got on. Extremely unlikely of course but would be some move to get it resurrected in a couple of years 😃

Aside from that theres a lot to sort in a "final episode"

Jell 0 Biafra

Shiv, in order to take control, will spill the beans about her brother's involvement in the death of the waiter in Scotland.

quit yo jibbajabba

Have been waiting on that to make a reappearance. No better time 😃

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 26, 2023, 07:59:13 PM
Have been waiting on that to make a reappearance. No better time 😃

Well, it featured prominently in the recap showed prior to the first episode.  So either a total red herring, or it's going to be a big part of the closer.

Tony Baloney

He hired Colin in last weeks episode as he was part of the original coverup.

Jell 0 Biafra

Oh right, forgot about that.  I'd say there's more coming though. 

Tony Baloney

J70