Apr 9-12 Georgia: The Masters

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 02, 2009, 08:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Tiger Woods is a best price of 2/1 for the Masters at Augusta following his success at Bay Hill in the Arnold Palmer Invitational.

The world number one chased down Sean O'Hair in the final round to post a one-shot win and is now hot favourite ahead of Phil Mickelson (8/1, Sky Bet) to land another Green Jacket next month.

His triumph came on just his third start back after knee surgery and he is 4/11 with Paddy Power to win any major in 2009 and 15/8 not to - he is just 22/1 with the same firm to land all four.

Padraig Harrington is 150/1 with Hills to complete his own version of the 'Tiger-Slam' by adding the US Masters and US Open to the Open and US PGA titles he already holds.

"In all the hype over Tiger's return, people have forgotten that Padraig Harrington has won the last two and could have his own 'Padraig'-Slam to boast about if he collects the next two," said spokesman Graham Sharpe.

Hills make Woods 4/9 to finish ahead of Harrington at the Masters and 7/4 vice-versa - a tie is 16/1.

O'Hair has been cut to 40/1 by Paddy Power for the US Money List in the market without Woods.

The Real Laoislad

Harrington is 150/1  :o
I'll be having some of that,a great each way bet too..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 02, 2009, 08:16:11 PM

That's to win the next two majors I presume. Probably 15/1-ish for the Masters.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ExiledGael on April 02, 2009, 08:21:47 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 02, 2009, 08:16:11 PM

That's to win the next two majors I presume. Probably 15/1-ish for the Masters.

Ahh I see..I thought it sounded too high alright
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Caid

Rory McIlroy is 30-1, seventh favourite. Jee whizz how his stock has risen!!
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Tommy Tibbs

2 fancies for next week

Henrik Stenson at 55/1- he's due a big performance at one of the majors
Kenny Perry 50/1- other than Tiger and Mickelson over the last couple of years he is as consistent as anyone.

Some great each way value well down the field

Doogie Browser

A great weekend of golf and its on BBC so no ads either.  Will study the field later and see who I fancy (sounds like a Derryman's night out!).

ExiledGael

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 02, 2009, 10:32:51 PM
A great weekend of golf and its on BBC so no ads either.  Will study the field later and see who I fancy (sounds like a Derryman's night out!).
:D Very good

Bogball XV

Quote from: Caid on April 02, 2009, 08:48:33 PM
Rory McIlroy is 30-1, seventh favourite. Jee whizz how his stock has risen!!
silly price imo, he will possibly take a major one day, but we saw how he struggled home in dubai when 6 clear, can you imagine what he'd do if he was in with a realistic chance of winning a major at this stage?
Great wee player, but way overdone at present.
Mickelson at 8/1 (9 top tens in last ten) and Harrington at 20/1 are both worth a punt, could also look at players like Romero and Scott who the course should suit.
Tiger is too short at 2/1, he's not yet the tiger of old - and O'Hair played his part in Tiger's victory last weekend.

I think Perry has a bad record in the masters, but not sure offhand, Stenson the same.

Players with good recent records are:
Cink, Goosen, Singh, Casey, Donald and Immelman (but who could have picked him last year).

AFS

Nick Watney has been playing very consistent golf this year, finished 11th last year in his first Masters. Could be worth a shout.

Bogball XV

Quote from: AFS on April 03, 2009, 12:21:10 AM
Nick Watney has been playing very consistent golf this year, finished 11th last year in his first Masters. Could be worth a shout.
yeah, mightn't be a bad call at all.

Orior

McIlroy hit a 72 around Augusta last week, playing with a couple of members. Dont know if that was off the green tees (or ladies tees) or whether they were giving him any putt under 4 ft, but competition pressure will make it a different proposition.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

corn02

I think McIlroy is a great bet to be honest. The Dubai near choke is a long time ago, he is  looking a better player every week. A good each/wayer.

Ogilvy, although not massive at 20/1, should not be too far away.

Value bets:
Karlson at 50/1

Cink 66/1

Oliver Wilson 150/1

mrsandman

Depending on where the player finishes, how does each way work when your bettin on golf? Is it the same sort of idea as horses?
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

corn02

Also, Baddeley is one of the top putters on the tour at the moment. 100/1 - Augusta is mostly about puttting.