The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 16, 2023, 12:40:07 PM
Rudy's some buck judging by the lawsuit filed yesterday.
with screenshots from the borat movie included as evidence of what he was doing
Where is the case ? If it's NY chalk him down as guilty

J70

Quote from: Gmac on May 17, 2023, 12:04:30 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 16, 2023, 12:40:07 PM
Rudy's some buck judging by the lawsuit filed yesterday.
with screenshots from the borat movie included as evidence of what he was doing
Where is the case ? If it's NY chalk him down as guilty

WTF is wrong with you? Always with the paranoid persecution complex.

You do realize this is a civil case?

Unlike his other issues in Georgia.

armaghniac

Trump indicted on 7 charges relating to Presidential documents. Hopefully, he'll finally get his comeuppance and end up in prison.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

whitey

Quote from: armaghniac on June 09, 2023, 01:49:06 AM
Trump indicted on 7 charges relating to Presidential documents. Hopefully, he'll finally get his comeuppance and end up in prison.

I was talking to someone a few months ago who has one of the highest level security clearances and he said it was mind boggling what Trump did. While not a Trump supporter, he would be somewhat conservative

FWIW....he said that Hillary should also have been prosecuted for what she did with her server

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on June 09, 2023, 02:54:04 AM

I was talking to someone a few months ago who has one of the highest level security clearances and he said it was mind boggling what Trump did. While not a Trump supporter, he would be somewhat conservative

FWIW....he said that Hillary should also have been prosecuted for what she did with her server

And the wee dig at the end  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2023, 07:43:56 AM

Well it is a legitimate question and you know damn well that's what he's going to use to discredit the charges

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on June 09, 2023, 09:06:14 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2023, 07:43:56 AM

Well it is a legitimate question and you know damn well that's what he's going to use to discredit the charges

If they are all guilty then no one has any problems with that, opening up a can or worms is great for popcorn producers  ;D

The place for all its glitz and glamour is no different to some of the African run countries on how its governments are operating
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

He'll weasel his way out of it or get someone else to take the fall like he always does.

Still Jan 6 and the attempted theft of Georgia to come.

I might send Chris Christie a few dollars. Only one of them with the balls to, very belatedly mind you, call Trump out for what he is.

I remember when I feared and disliked (but at times grudgingly admired) his grandstanding, loudmouth, bullying persona. I'd give my right arm for Christie to be the GOP nominee now. He'd probably beat Biden fairly handily, but at least the country would be safe.

Remember when the issue of democracy itself wasn't really something you had to factor in or account for? You could fear the opposition merely for their policies and outlook within a normal political environment?

Simpler times...

J70

A load of the stuff was stored in a bathroom.

I guess I'm not the only one who reads and does his best thinking sitting on the shitter. :D

Main Street

I had a read of the indictment and it's a serious piece of work. Presumably the maggot base won't read it but republican limelighters will surely be informed about it and realise Trump is fcked, well maybe I'm giving too much credit to most of them, except Mitch who might be evil but he's savvy. This is nothing like the Mueller Report. It is an actual indictment... it will be heard in court with Trump as defendant. And as indictments go, it really doesn't get more conclusively damning than this. Even with Aileen Cannon as the presiding judge,  how far will Cannon be willing to go out on a limb for Trump after her last humiliating fiasco?
it's hard to imagine how Trump will not be convicted and wind up in prison. Well that is surely what would happen to anyone other than Trump. If Cannon does not recuse herself, then the prosecution is likely to present a motion for a different judge, due to Cannon's past performance... and that motion is likely to succeed.

J70

She can slow walk the case. Then, if he wins the election, who knows if it's ever tried?

Jell 0 Biafra

Can't see Trump doing time.   A Nixon-style pardon if he's found guilty, I'd say.

Fun thread on the indictment here:

https://twitter.com/metroadlib/status/1667248343255220227?t=kzOvmJWkDAvzxiK6VzOEvA&s=19

whitey

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/jonathan-turley-fox-news-trump-indictment-b2354920.html

https://www.salon.com/2023/06/09/dershowitz-tells-fox-that-can-dodge-most-of-the-indictment-apart-from-one-thing/

Two interesting takes on the indictment

Turley, IMHO usually hits it right down the middle

I had a Trump supporter almost bite the head off me yesterday......and went on a 15 minute rant about Hillary and bleachbit and hammers and servers in bathrooms.

Milltown Row2

Did the Trump supporter acknowledge that Trump has to pay the piper if found guilty, regardless of what  Hillary did?

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2023, 01:02:58 PM
Did the Trump supporter acknowledge that Trump has to pay the piper if found guilty, regardless of what  Hillary did?

Absolutely not

It's a "politically motivated prosecution" and if Hillary had been held to the same standards she'd have been locked up and the key thrown away. It's just another political witch hunt to bring Trump down

He also brought up the millions of documents Obama took for his Presidential Library and asked if anyone went through those looking for classified documents, which is actually a fair question

I asked the guy I know with a high level of security clearance about this and he said that even if they did find classified documents in that trove, the fact that Obama went through the correct channels and checked all the boxes (no pun intended) with the National Archives it's a non issue even if some classified documents slipped through the cracks