Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Rossfan on June 13, 2021, 11:57:04 AM
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sinn-fein-takes-10-point-lead-over-fine-gael-in-latest-opinion-poll-40533097.html
Those figures are a bit of a surprise, could be some lingering angst about the slow withdrawal of covid restrictions, but probably the housing crisis looms large and the government's bungled handling  on almost every aspect of the crisis.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

First ministers to be nominated and London to pass Irish Language act letting Poots et al off the hook.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jim Bob

Sinn Fein will get shafted by the Tories on this ...can't believe they are going to trust them on it and nominate a DFM

Armagh18

Quote from: Jim Bob on June 17, 2021, 06:33:22 AM
Sinn Fein will get shafted by the Tories on this ...can't believe they are going to trust them on it and nominate a DFM
Will they? I'd say it'll be similar to the abortion and gay marriage issue in that the Brits stepping in allows both sides to save face.

johnnycool

Sure Clare Hanna and Colm are going to table it as well.

Jim Bob

Quote from: johnnycool on June 17, 2021, 08:17:20 AM

Sure Clare Hanna and Colm are going to table it as well.

Ach that's it sorted then....

Jim Bob

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 17, 2021, 07:42:56 AM
Will they? I'd say it'll be similar to the abortion and gay marriage issue in that the Brits stepping in allows both sides to save face.

Do you trust the Tories to keep their word?

trailer

Quote from: Jim Bob on June 17, 2021, 08:22:01 AM

SF looking to the UK parliament, a parliament that they don't take their seats in and that they don't recognise its authority to pass Irish Language act is next level hypocrisy.

Anyway I am glad that Stormont hasn't fallen and everyone can get on with the important work of governing this place.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on June 17, 2021, 08:34:34 AM

SF looking to the UK parliament, a parliament that they don't take their seats in and that they don't recognise its authority to pass Irish Language act is next level hypocrisy.

Anyway I am glad that Stormont hasn't fallen and everyone can get on with the important work of governing this place.
What choice did they have? I'd say the fact SF of all parties had to look to the Brits shows that only one party is willing to compromise and make Stormont work and shows just how big a shower of c***ts the DUP are, if there was any lingering doubt.

Armagh18

I'd trust a Tory about as far as I could throw Big Ben. But I don't see them caring enough to shaft us here, at the end of the day they want Stormont to work and to not be annoying them.

johnnycool

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 17, 2021, 08:56:12 AM

I'd trust a Tory about as far as I could throw Big Ben. But I don't see them caring enough to shaft us here, at the end of the day they want Stormont to work and to not be annoying them.

they need Stormont as they know the NIP is for staying in some form and someone has to take the fall for that as well.

currently Stormont is useful to the Tories so passing this culture bill won't cost them a second thought no matter what their mate Doddsy says.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Exactly. SF pick and choose and spin

Itchy

It might be Ironic but I dont see how it is hypocrisy unless you think the idea of them even being in stormont is hypocrisy.

sid waddell

Yet again it takes the British Government, a useless, hateful Tory government at that, to deliver for those who identify as Irish in NI - because SF are even more useless

Abortion, same sex marriage and now an Irish language act

Seems to me NI would be better off just going back to direct rule from Westminster, because the British Government stepping in is the only way NI is getting any positive change as it is