Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 30, 2021, 04:27:22 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on March 30, 2021, 04:14:24 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 30, 2021, 04:06:25 PM
Anyone criticising anyone for going to a funeral, trying to tell someone not to go to a funeral or using a funeral for political point scoring is a lowlife

Do you understand why people were being asked not to go to funerals ?
It doesn't matter. It's no ones place to say who gets to attend funerals

f**k me, I don't know what to say to this. Crazy thought process.

Armagh18

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 30, 2021, 04:31:44 PM
Anyone criticising anyone for going to a funeral, trying to tell someone not to go to a funeral or using a funeral for political point scoring is a lowlife

Mmm didnt Michelle tell us we couldnt??? Astounding post
And she was wrong to!

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on March 30, 2021, 04:35:18 PM

I'd say getting the chance to go to a loved ones funeral is more important than the risk you might catch a sniffle....

Taylor

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 30, 2021, 04:36:47 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 30, 2021, 04:35:18 PM

I'd say getting the chance to go to a loved ones funeral is more important than the risk you might catch a sniffle....

A sniffle?

The loved ones of over 2k people in the North might disagree with the sniffle analogy

dublin7

Quote from: Applesisapples on March 30, 2021, 03:48:58 PM
SF were incredibly stupid to mark the Storey funeral as they did. They may well have been within the rules but certainly not within the spirit. having said that there are a lot of glass house with broken windows today. The reality has been the funerals have been a long running source of restriction breaking, whether it be wakes or congregating outside churches or in grave yards. Every single funeral in my area both Protestant and Catholic has had more mourners than allowed and no social distancing. let's not forget a government minister was at the Garda funeral down south. Funerals are a touchstone for Irish people of all dominations and it is extremely difficult to not attend to show sympathy.

That's just not true in terms of funeral attendances. I couldn't go to a family funeral recently because of Covid restrictions and I know others who have a similar story.

It's disappointing but not surprising SF will not face sanctions and raises credibility problem for the PSNI and Lockdown enforcement

Angelo

Quote from: dublin7 on March 30, 2021, 05:44:25 PM
SF were incredibly stupid to mark the Storey funeral as they did. They may well have been within the rules but certainly not within the spirit. having said that there are a lot of glass house with broken windows today. The reality has been the funerals have been a long running source of restriction breaking, whether it be wakes or congregating outside churches or in grave yards. Every single funeral in my area both Protestant and Catholic has had more mourners than allowed and no social distancing. let's not forget a government minister was at the Garda funeral down south. Funerals are a touchstone for Irish people of all dominations and it is extremely difficult to not attend to show sympathy.

That's just not true in terms of funeral attendances. I couldn't go to a family funeral recently because of Covid restrictions and I know others who have a similar story.

It's disappointing but not surprising SF will not face sanctions and raises credibility problem for the PSNI and Lockdown enforcement

Odd you aren't looking for Charlie Flanagan or Drew Harris to face charges.

Full of shit as usual. You really are an embarrassment of a poster.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Sportacus

They ballsed up massively. Their leadership had time to do the right thing but they couldn't resist the big set piece. They'd have been much better off being prosecuted and they could have took their medicine and moved on.  Instead this will just linger on unresolved with more damage done to reputation.

SF goal is a united Ireland but they continue to be despised by many Unionists due to their actions and words, which only sets back the day when a United Ireland can be achieved.  They are very slow at working that out, presumably like the Unionist leadership, hand tied for some unknown reason by their hardliner grass roots (small minority).

Angelo

Quote from: Sportacus on March 30, 2021, 06:04:30 PM
They ballsed up massively. Their leadership had time to do the right thing but they couldn't resist the big set piece. They'd have been much better off being prosecuted and they could have took their medicine and moved on.  Instead this will just linger on unresolved with more damage done to reputation.

SF goal is a united Ireland but they continue to be despised by many Unionists due to their actions and words, which only sets back the day when a United Ireland can be achieved.  They are very slow at working that out, presumably like the Unionist leadership, hand tied for some unknown reason by their hardliner grass roots (small minority).

Which nationalists do Unionists not despise? It's what unionism is all about.

Sportacus

Quote from: Angelo on March 30, 2021, 06:07:33 PM

That's just pub talk. Let's have a proper debate. 

Angelo

Quote from: Sportacus on March 30, 2021, 06:17:19 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 30, 2021, 06:07:33 PM

That's just pub talk. Let's have a proper debate.

Answer the question.

gallsman

Covid deniers crossed with touchy Shinners who can't handle the slightest bit of criticism. Unbearable.

pbat

I don't agree with what SF did in regards the funeral but the reality is the DUP and Jim Allister would only be happy if the PSNI were batten charging the taigs of the street and firing plastic bullets at them. It is all part of the overall problem a lot of Unionism has, they cant Lord it over the fenians and use the police force has there enforcers, the days of dragging people of the road to let Big Ian and Trimble march to Drumcree are over and they can rationalise this in there mind.

sid waddell

Quote from: dublin7 on March 30, 2021, 05:44:25 PM

We had four (4) people at my father's funeral, we had to tell to people not to attend for their own safety

His two sisters were not there for their own safety

Given that SF have gotten off scot free, maybe we should have just told everybody to attend?

I kind of feel a bit foolish now keeping to the regulations and more

Stupid me and my family, thinking of other people's safety

Sportacus

Sid I'm very sorry to hear that. Your sacrifice may well have helped stop the spread of covid which unquestionably was the right thing to do. You should have no regrets.

Angelo

I know from my own experience over the past 12 months. I've attended probably about 7-8 funerals at various stages in the past year. Some locally and some further afield. At the burials I would say the common gatherings have been probably around the hundred mark anyway. People will want to pay their respects.

The hypocrisy here of some trying to turn this into political point scoring is pretty shameless as far as I can say. You just need to compare and contrast the reaction of the Garda funeral down south to the Storey funeral up north.

Versus

Hypocrisy is alive and well.