The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Fair play to pat..... Great handshake at the end.

Also the only f**king good thing about the late late show was the theme tune and they have replaced it with some shite.

From the Bunker

Spillane father never seen him or his brothers win an AI. Sure that's no big deal. There are a plethora of Mayo footballers whose fathers never seen their sons win AI's in the last 72 years.

(I am only kidding)

Just seen the handshake (RTE +1) - Class moment!

Onthe40

Jezis that show has gone to the dogs
Same guests every year by and large
Just don't know on Kielty
Prepared to give him a go after the first show but no, don't think it's the gig for him
All very staged, scripted feel about it .. it's as if he's trying to bring in an American Saturday night chat show feel and it aint working

Can't believe I'm saying it but I prefer the old version

WT4E

Think paddy needs decent guests. Less comedians would be a start

Targetman

Jason Byrne a comedian, c'mon now!

Shamrock Shore

Jason Byrne is a funny as syphilis.

marty34

As somebody mentioned earlier, usual suspects as guests.

C raters.

I'd rather have 2 or 3 guests on, bit of music and more indepth 'interviews'.

Pub Bore

Yer man Jason Byrne seems to be a regular on LLS.  My dog is funnier.  I think Kielty is doing OK as a host.  The guests are shite.

trailer

Kielty is doing well given the quality of the Guests it attracts. Only people on these shows are ppl flogging a book or a show or some shitty TV series. It's a circuit. Think there is room for it to go back down the social issues route. Kielty would be good at that. Doubt it will happen.

NormPeterson

I feel as though I am supposed to support Kielty as he is a northerner but in reality I can't listen to him with his posh county Down accent and I never found him that funny. Also what was the purpose of the Palestine conflict speech? People over there aren't going to be watching The Late late show or even clips of it on YouTube. Maybe it is directed at people from that region living here. Cringey stuff either way although Tubridy did cringey speeches like that too especially during Covid.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Liam Brady or Paul McGrath.
Who's the goat?

quit yo jibbajabba

I'll go McGrath didn't see Brady in his prime

AustinPowers

Is  Vogue Williams  on yet?

Wildweasel74

Van Damne up in Belfast yesterday

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 20, 2023, 10:14:58 PMI'll go McGrath didn't see Brady in his prime

It's an incredibly difficult call; one question that doesn't have a wrong answer.