The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: foxcommander on November 26, 2015, 02:58:41 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 26, 2015, 04:49:56 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 25, 2015, 05:30:42 PM
I look forward to the day you are asked to risk your life unarming a knife wielding assailant with your bare hands.
You'd be wishing you had a gun then.

Nice little straw man. Clearly you didn't watch the video. They didn't disarm him with their "bare hands." They used pepper spray and batons.

You better bring your pepper spray and baton when you visit Oakland then....Can't wait to hear how you get on...

Here's a question. . . why do the police gun down these people? Surely someone wielding a knife can be incapacitated with a shot to the leg?!

deiseach

They wouldn't be there but for the men of violence. . . you have nothing to worry about if you are a law-abiding citizen . . . you should worry more about the killers in your own community . . . all the arguments deployed to defend the loose-cannon policing in the United States were deployed by every Unionist bigot after the latest atrocity visited upon the Nationalist population by the security forces. To see them regurgitated here is utterly shameful.

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 26, 2015, 02:46:29 PM
Not every police shooting is justified......this one certainly wasn't

Not every police shooting is motivated by race.....this one probably was

There are approx 4-500 black on black murders in Chicago and the surrounding towns every year

(When some of the housing projects were knocked, the residents were relocated to surrounding towns, turning them into war zones as well)

Maybe the BLM movement could divert some of heir rage towards their own people who are destroying their communities

I agree with everything you say.

The only thing is, I think we should hold the police to a far higher standard than the local petty hoodlums. So it is important to send out the right message from the law enforcement point of view.

As for the black on black crime. The stats are appalling. And it needs to be dealt with. But it shouldn't be used as cover for bad eggs in the police force.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on November 26, 2015, 05:07:03 PM
Not every police shooting is justified......this one certainly wasn't

Not every police shooting is motivated by race.....this one probably was

There are approx 4-500 black on black murders in Chicago and the surrounding towns every year

(When some of the housing projects were knocked, the residents were relocated to surrounding towns, turning them into war zones as well)

Maybe the BLM movement could divert some of heir rage towards their own people who are destroying their communities

I agree with everything you say.

The only thing is, I think we should hold the police to a far higher standard than the local petty hoodlums. So it is important to send out the right message from the law enforcement point of view.

As for the black on black crime. The stats are appalling. And it needs to be dealt with. But it shouldn't be used as cover for bad eggs in the police force.

there should be no cover for the bad eggs in the police force but you only had to look at the RUC in your own back yard to understand how these feckers get protected.

Black on black crime is an absolute disgrace, were are these protesters on that issue?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

foxcommander

Quote from: screenexile on November 26, 2015, 04:33:31 PM
I look forward to the day you are asked to risk your life unarming a knife wielding assailant with your bare hands.

Nice little straw man. Clearly you didn't watch the video. They didn't disarm him with their "bare hands." They used pepper spray and batons.

You better bring your pepper spray and baton when you visit Oakland then....Can't wait to hear how you get on...

Here's a question. . . why do the police gun down these people? Surely someone wielding a knife can be incapacitated with a shot to the leg?!

Absolutely. A taser would have been more appropriate.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

armaghniac

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 26, 2015, 02:52:33 PM
Read recently that Chicago and Toronto are roughly the same size. Apparently there are more murders in one month in Chicago than in one year in Toronto. Crazy!

True enough. Toronto has European style murder rates and is probably less than Dublin

Chicago on the other hand http://heyjackass.com/
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

whitey

No one can even begin to imagine what some of these kids have to deal with when growing up

There is no easy fix to these issues short of some serious social engineering

This case was particularly horrific, bt you can see how someone could grow up to be a stone cold killer

(I understand this guy wasn't convicted of murder, but you can see how one human being could have complete lack of empathy for others)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-sex-trafficking-sentencing-met-20141017-story.html

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 26, 2015, 05:52:14 PM
No one can even begin to imagine what some of these kids have to deal with when growing up

There is no easy fix to these issues short of some serious social engineering

This case was particularly horrific, bt you can see how someone could grow up to be a stone cold killer

(I understand this guy wasn't convicted of murder, but you can see how one human being could have complete lack of empathy for others)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-sex-trafficking-sentencing-met-20141017-story.html

How do you save someone like that, before they commit the terrible crime? That judge was very understanding in fairness. Because he did serious damage to those girls' lives. 'Breaking the cycle' is right.
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

There's plenty of white-on-white violence. That's because most people are killed by people they know, but that doesn't stop people going on about black-on-black violence as if it proves that blacks are genetically predisposed to violence.

Eamonnca1

3 things.

1 - I'm not a police officer.

2 - I've told you until I'm blue in the face that I've been to Oakland many times.

3 - I'm still waiting for you to tell me why you keep going on about me visiting Oakland. What point are you trying to make?

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 26, 2015, 06:23:35 PM

3 things.

1 - I'm not a police officer.

2 - I've told you until I'm blue in the face that I've been to Oakland many times.

3 - I'm still waiting for you to tell me why you keep going on about me visiting Oakland. What point are you trying to make?

You already know from prior correspondence. You can review at your leisure.

Eamonnca1

Translation: "I'm too lazy to make my own argument, go off and laboriously search through the archives and make my argument for me."

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 26, 2015, 06:22:00 PM

There's plenty of white-on-white violence. That's because most people are killed by people they know, but that doesn't stop people going on about black-on-black violence as if it proves that blacks are genetically predisposed to violence.

I referring to Chicago specifically....how many white people are killed in the city of Chicago every year?

Very few I would imagine. Prove me wrong and put the numbers up

Hardy

Can someone point me to the guffaw emoticon?

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 26, 2015, 06:28:22 PM
Translation: "I'm too lazy to make my own argument, go off and laboriously search through the archives and make my argument for me."

Probably be far more fun than watching those awful NACB videos...