The US policing crisis thread

Started by Eamonnca1, April 28, 2015, 07:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: whitey on November 12, 2015, 06:34:25 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 06:25:39 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 12, 2015, 06:04:18 PM
Yes, but they're on the street  protesting the shooting of a career criminal who shot a police officer in the face at point blank range and then continued firing at the other officers. Do you think that helps their cause?

Depends on timeline. If they're protesting  before they knew the details, it could be understood. If they're still out after that video is made public, then if course that is damaging to their cause.

I don't know  how well coordinated and run the movement  is in terms of setting up protests and controlling where and when they occur.

I already said that it was all over the 6 o clock news (hours before this protest took place)

I wonder will the family of the dead sc**bag get invited to the white house, it seems to be the fad in this administration. :-[
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

Yes, but they're on the street  protesting the shooting of a career criminal who shot a police officer in the face at point blank range and then continued firing at the other officers. Do you think that helps their cause?

Depends on timeline. If they're protesting  before they knew the details, it could be understood. If they're still out after that video is made public, then if course that is damaging to their cause.

I don't know  how well coordinated and run the movement  is in terms of setting up protests and controlling where and when they occur.

I stand corrected....they did not immediately release it....they immediately showed it to Civil and Religous leaders in the African American community who then issued statements detailing whad had happened....thats who I saw on the news that same evening.

"While Scott and other religious and community leaders viewed the video not long after the shooting, officials held off releasing it to the public until West could be buried, and the Moynihan and West families could view the video. But, Conley said, a meeting with West's family could not be scheduled, and officials felt they had to act." Boston Globe

foxcommander

Quote from: stew on November 12, 2015, 06:41:41 PM

I already said that it was all over the 6 o clock news (hours before this protest took place)

I wonder will the family of the dead sc**bag get invited to the white house, it seems to be the fad in this administration. :-[

Is Oprah still on the air? Would be a guaranteed appearance (fee)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

stew

Quote from: foxcommander on November 12, 2015, 06:49:04 PM

Is Oprah still on the air? Would be a guaranteed appearance.

On the air? She own's the Oprah Winfrey network ffs.  :D

In related news..............

Jonathan Butler — the University of Missouri grad student who became the public face of the #ConcernedStudent1950 protests that forced the resignation of both the school's president and chancellor — claimed several times that he was hit by a car carrying the president in early October during the school's homecoming parade.

However, a look at video of the incident itself shows that Jonathan Butler actually rushes towards the car.

The claim of being hit by the car, a red covetable carrying President Wolfe, was significant in the protests so much so that Butler demanded an apology in the very first list of demands made by the students. The first demand reads in full (emphasis added):

We demand that the University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten apology to the Concerned Student 1-­9-­5-0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exist, and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1-9-5-­0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators.

Butler also tweeted about the incident several times.

This bastard should be sued for slander!

J70

FFS Stew.

Is there any point in asking you to support that statement?

J70

Quote from: stew on November 12, 2015, 06:50:37 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 12, 2015, 06:49:04 PM

Is Oprah still on the air? Would be a guaranteed appearance.

On the air? She own's the Oprah Winfrey network ffs.  :D

In related news..............

Jonathan Butler — the University of Missouri grad student who became the public face of the #ConcernedStudent1950 protests that forced the resignation of both the school's president and chancellor — claimed several times that he was hit by a car carrying the president in early October during the school's homecoming parade.

However, a look at video of the incident itself shows that Jonathan Butler actually rushes towards the car.

The claim of being hit by the car, a red covetable carrying President Wolfe, was significant in the protests so much so that Butler demanded an apology in the very first list of demands made by the students. The first demand reads in full (emphasis added):

We demand that the University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten apology to the Concerned Student 1-­9-­5-0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exist, and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1-9-5-­0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators.

Butler also tweeted about the incident several times.

This b**tard should be sued for slander!

Well, if the video shows it was his own fault, then I'm sure the lawyers will easily go after him.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 12, 2015, 06:19:25 PM
Suppose I was a cop on the south side of Chicago for 20  years and over that time 80% of people I arrested for drug possession or intent to distribute were black with hoodies and pants hanging around their arses would I be a racist for watching out for said persons to pull over or traffic stop or would I be a good cop ,?

Are you basing your decision to pull them over purely on their race/dress, or do you have some cause to believe that the individuals in question are carrying drugs?

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 07:08:07 PM
Suppose I was a cop on the south side of Chicago for 20  years and over that time 80% of people I arrested for drug possession or intent to distribute were black with hoodies and pants hanging around their arses would I be a racist for watching out for said persons to pull over or traffic stop or would I be a good cop ,?

Are you basing your decision to pull them over purely on their race/dress, or do you have some cause to believe that the individuals in question are carrying drugs?

If I choose to walk around Belfast with a full balaclava and combats would you think I'm inviting trouble or not?

whitey

LOL.....just watched the video.....driver tried to turn the car around at a minimal rate of speed and yer man walks right up and bangs into the bumper to prevent him from doing so...at which point the driver stops.

stew

Quote from: whitey on November 12, 2015, 07:37:47 PM
LOL.....just watched the video.....driver tried to turn the car around at a minimal rate of speed and yer man walks right up and bangs into the bumper to prevent him from doing so...at which point the driver stops.

Some of these people simply want to be famous, he should be arrested for that shit and sued, some one the the left are driving this anti police agenda to the max the bastards!

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 12, 2015, 07:31:37 PM

If I choose to walk around Belfast with a full balaclava and combats would you think I'm inviting trouble or not?

So a hoodie and hanging trousers, the uniform of just about every black kid in America, is the equivalent of a balaclava/combat boots worn by a paramilitary in Belfast?

Got it.  ::)

J70

Quote from: stew on November 12, 2015, 07:40:47 PM

Some of these people simply want to be famous, he should be arrested for that shit and sued, some one the the left are driving this anti police agenda to the max the b**tards!

I thought this dude was mixed up in the Missouri university thing, NOT a police issue?

easytiger95

Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 07:41:50 PM

So a hoodie and hanging trousers, the uniform of just about every black kid in America, is the equivalent of a balaclava/combat boots worn by a paramilitary in Belfast?

Given that studies show you are far less likely to be arrested as a white person for possession of drugs in the States than a black person, one would have to assume that whilst you may not be racist in and of yourself, you are certainly applying a racial profiling policy.

Lads, trying to use police statistics is a dead end for you - stop and frisk, the disproportionate rate of prosecution of drug offences in minority communities, sentencing discrepancies and the race skewed prison population all undermine your arguments.

If one part of the community is policed far more vigorously than the other, then of course there will be more arrests, leading to people like Foxcommander saying that that part of the "population" has no "rules or respect" or their demonisation as "scumbags" by people like Stew. Easy answers for ignorant questions, and far more dangerous than some lad reading "Anarchy for Dummies" and attacking the fender of a car.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 07:43:39 PM
Quote from: stew on November 12, 2015, 07:40:47 PM

Some of these people simply want to be famous, he should be arrested for that shit and sued, some one the the left are driving this anti police agenda to the max the b**tards!

I thought this dude was mixed up in the Missouri university thing, NOT a police issue?

If he reported it to the police he could be done for filing a false report are wasting police time. Otherwise slander would be a civil matter

foxcommander

Quote from: easytiger95 on November 12, 2015, 08:02:04 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 12, 2015, 07:41:50 PM

Given that studies show you are far less likely to be arrested as a white person for possession of drugs in the States than a black person, one would have to assume that whilst you may not be racist in and of yourself, you are certainly applying a racial profiling policy.

Lads, trying to use police statistics is a dead end for you - stop and frisk, the disproportionate rate of prosecution of drug offences in minority communities, sentencing discrepancies and the race skewed prison population all undermine your arguments.

If one part of the community is policed far more vigorously than the other, then of course there will be more arrests, leading to people like Foxcommander saying that that part of the "population" has no "rules or respect" or their demonisation as "scumbags" by people like Stew. Easy answers for ignorant questions, and far more dangerous than some lad reading "Anarchy for Dummies" and attacking the fender of a car.

I defer to whiteys video to show respect for an officer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ULf-n8l2rY0

That's respect eh? The use of the N word would get another section of the community into a lot of trouble.