PDC Premier League of Darts

Started by Seany, March 12, 2010, 12:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

Just a question.  Watched it tonight.  James Wade was booed every time he went for a double.  Anyone know why?  Seems like a decent chat.  Only 26 and a great talent.  Premier champion.  Or am I giving too much credit to the drunken mobs who attend such events?

Hound

Quote from: Seany on March 12, 2010, 12:22:30 AM
Just a question.  Watched it tonight.  James Wade was booed every time he went for a double.  Anyone know why?  Seems like a decent chat.  Only 26 and a great talent.  Premier champion.  Or am I giving too much credit to the drunken mobs who attend such events?

Wade would be regarded as an arrogant ballix. In particular when he was on the circuit first, he developed his reputation of having a big head and a big mouth. I think he's improved in that regard, but he reacts poorly to any abuse he gets from the crowd, which just increases the abuse. The crowd only really go after him during the PL, because its become "part of the fun". King and Lewis get plenty of abuse too at times.

Wade is definitely a great talent, although going through a bit of a bad patch.

Sleeping with a 44 year old  :o   But Helen Chamberlain is in good shape for that age, and she has a few bob. ;)

the Deel Rover

some darts match last night between taylor and anderson. has sid widdell never heard a player been booed before he kept saying the crowds treatment of taylor was a disgrace
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Boycey

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 09, 2010, 01:53:20 PM
some darts match last night between taylor and anderson. has sid widdell never heard a player been booed before he kept saying the crowds treatment of taylor was a disgrace

Have to say he was right in fairness..

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Boycey on October 09, 2010, 02:27:06 PM

i know taylor was been booed for practically every throw Boycey but my point is that other players have been booed and i have never heard him say anything about it 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Boycey

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 09, 2010, 02:31:27 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 09, 2010, 02:27:06 PM

i know taylor was been booed for practically every throw Boycey but my point is that other players have been booed and i have never heard him say anything about it

I'm sure I've heard him on about it before when other players, usually Wade and King got it. Its generally harmless kind of a mob mentality thing but last night it got a bit out of hand and people were calling out as he was throwing. All players deserve respect when throwing but if you are 15 times World Champion you definitely do.

bigfrank

Anyone for the darts in belfast on the 24th Feb??? I have went this past 3 years and love it...great nights craic...have been a slack c%$t this year tho and didnt get tickets YET.....only single tickets left online...few of us hoping to go so been nice to have few together...usually is loads on ebay but next to none this year.......

SHEEDY

what a performance from mark webster, blew wade away with some brilliant darts.
nil satis nisi optimum

sammymaguire

Taylor took some thumping from Jackpot tonight... The winds of change are nigh in the world of Darts
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

Taylor back on top but what about the fans in Glasgow throwing coins and beer at the current World Champ when he got on top of Anderson with 8 straight sets in a row. Sad stuff indeed but the two lads on stage never lost their cool.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Minder

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 17, 2011, 10:24:53 PM
Taylor back on top but what about the fans in Glasgow throwing coins and beer at the current World Champ when he got on top of Anderson with 8 straight sets in a row. Sad stuff indeed but the two lads on stage never lost their cool.

There seemed to be some vermin at that tonight, I was flicking over to it and they were booing Wade and they were also booing Taylor.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on March 17, 2011, 10:27:47 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on March 17, 2011, 10:24:53 PM

There seemed to be some vermin at that tonight, I was flicking over to it and they were booing Wade and they were also booing Taylor.
Sporting event + alcohol + Glasgow = scum

Club Rossa

Some performance from Lewis there,wiped the floor with Taylor.

SHEEDY

lewis v anderson in final. should be some match. plenty of 180's in store
nil satis nisi optimum