Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEL

bigtogs

Quote from: DEL on June 08, 2018, 10:48:03 PM
Who is the Armagh manager?

I think he was ex Armagh player Martin McQullan

Carmen Stateside

Just seen a clip of the argy bargy.  How only four was picked out i will never know.  There is a few boys with bibs on should be expecting suspensions

bigtogs

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 08, 2018, 11:36:56 PM
TTM EXCLUSIVE!!

Armagh resumed extra time phase two with a full compliment of 15 players despite the fact that they had two players sent off in extra time. This is apparently in clear breach of rule.

It's now at the discretion of @TyroneGAALive to lodge an objection.

I don't think teamtalk has this correct!!

Carmen Stateside

BennyHarp

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 08, 2018, 11:50:21 PM
Just seen a clip of the argy bargy.  How only four was picked out i will never know.  There is a few boys with bibs on should be expecting suspensions

Seen the same clip. Armagh ones were very quick to pile in.
That was never a square ball!!

Throw ball

Quote from: bigtogs on June 08, 2018, 11:18:23 PM

Martin is assistant. Peter McDonnell manager

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Throw ball on June 08, 2018, 11:55:33 PM

The bald/shaven head one hit our no.17 who then didn't kick a ball after that assault. Referee/Linesman caught it because he was sent off along with 2 players from each team.

Looking at the positives, I thought Benny Gallen's Kickouts were top drawer. Kennedy looked good in glimpses probably needs to grab hold of a game more but he has it in him. Young Donaghy from Edendork was excellent stepping up to kick a great equalising point at the end of normal time.
Living the dream!!!

Throw ball

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 09, 2018, 12:04:51 AM

The bald/shaven head one hit our no.17 who then didn't kick a ball after that assault. Referee/Linesman caught it because he was sent off along with 2 players from each team.

Looking at the positives, I thought Benny Gallen's Kickouts were top drawer. Kennedy looked good in glimpses probably needs to grab hold of a game more but he has it in him. Young Donaghy from Edendork was excellent stepping up to kick a great equalising point at the end of normal time.

You may be right.

As an Armagh man I must say I thought the Tyrone keeper was excellent. The number 11 also caught the eye. It was a game with good players on both sides. The row was not in keeping with the game in general.

OffTheDeck

Best £9 I ever spent. I have to agree that the "incident" if that's what we're calling it was not upkeeping with the game, however it was shambolic that it was allowed to happen. I feel like the referee was losing grip of the game as he hadn't a f***ing clue what he was at 90% of the time and sadly this is becoming all too familiar

barelegs

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 09, 2018, 12:04:51 AM

The bald/shaven head one hit our no.17 who then didn’t kick a ball after that assault. Referee/Linesman caught it because he was sent off along with 2 players from each team.

Looking at the positives, I thought Benny Gallen’s Kickouts were top drawer. Kennedy looked good in glimpses probably needs to grab hold of a game more but he has it in him. Young Donaghy from Edendork was excellent stepping up to kick a great equalising point at the end of normal time.

A thoroughly enjoyable game even if we were on the wrong end of the result. I'd expect a few more suspensions to follow. What happened at the end of the first period of extra time has no place on any football field. I'm not sure were the ref found the added time at after the row but fair play to Armagh they tool advantage.

You can't fault the effort of the Tyrone players although in comparison to Armagh they were a bit physically light. Given than that was young Kennedy's first game in 7 or 8 weeks he did fairly well to last as long as he did. Donaghy and McNabb were the pick of the forwards.

DEL

How many subs did Armagh have? Looks like they had far too many togged out?

bigtogs

Quote from: DEL on June 09, 2018, 08:27:02 AM

Both teams had far too many togged out... Tyrone had a player with number 33 on his back.. Tyrone   Player Campbell from Pomeroy started the brawl from what I seen..

Paul Devlin's record is not great,

barelegs

Both teams could only use 24 players but they'd all their full panel stripped out. As soon as the schmozzle started the Amragh bench were out of the stand straight onto the field, the Tyrone lads in comparison, a point up well into in injury time in an Ulster semi-final weren't anywhere near as quick out. They had to in the end because their team mates on the field had the gut of 40 Armagh subs and mentors tearing into them

The Armagh 7 had wrestled Jude Campbell to the ground after Armagh had missed a goal chance that looked like their last attack. Campbell got up and knocked him to the ground. Melee ensued.

OffTheDeck

Quote from: barelegs on June 09, 2018, 08:41:50 AM

Both teams could only use 24 players but they'd all their full panel stripped out. As soon as the schmozzle started the Amragh bench were out of the stand straight onto the field, the Tyrone lads in comparison, a point up well into in injury time in an Ulster semi-final weren't anywhere near as quick out. They had to in the end because their team mates on the field had the gut of 40 Armagh subs and mentors tearing into them

The Armagh 7 had wrestled Jude Campbell to the ground after Armagh had missed a goal chance that looked like their last attack. Campbell got up and knocked him to the ground. Melee ensued.
That's the way I seen it. If referee had of stopped the game and dealt with Armagh 7 none of it would have happened