Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: sensethetone on May 23, 2018, 11:39:34 AM
I would have preferred a half back line of Meyler, Burns and K McGeary.
that was the half back line that finished the league strongly. Why did mickey have to tamper with it?

The Bearded One

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 23, 2018, 11:45:34 AM
that was the half back line that finished the league strongly. Why did mickey have to tamper with it?

No, it wasn't. The half backline v Kerry included Rory Brennan and Ronan McNabb, in Mayo and v Donegal it was Harte and Meyler...Burns was at 6 in all 3 games.
It is what it is. Presumably.

sensethetone

Quote from: The Bearded One on May 23, 2018, 11:50:57 AM

No, it wasn't. The half backline v Kerry included Rory Brennan and Ronan McNabb, in Mayo and v Donegal it was Harte and Meyler...Burns was at 6 in all 3 games.
I think McNabb slows the play down, Rory Brennan hasn't started and finished a Tyrone for some time. Although Burns seemed quiet vs Monaghan he should be given a chance to gain more confidence at No.6.

chieftain

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Big tyrone fan STG.. If I was you id concentrate on club football in Augher, and gushing over a clogher man hitting ten points for use.

southtyronegael

Quote from: chieftain on May 23, 2018, 12:20:53 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Big tyrone fan STG.. If I was you id concentrate on club football in Augher, and gushing over a clogher man hitting ten points for use.
thanks for the advice asshole.

omagh_gael

Quote from: sensethetone on May 23, 2018, 11:59:44 AM

I think McNabb slows the play down, Rory Brennan hasn't started and finished a Tyrone for some time. Although Burns seemed quiet vs Monaghan he should be given a chance to gain more confidence at No.6.

Burns was quiet? I'd have had him and McAliskey as our best performers on the day.

sensethetone

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 23, 2018, 01:00:50 PM
Quote from: sensethetone on May 23, 2018, 11:59:44 AM

Burns was quiet? I'd have had him and McAliskey as our best performers on the day.

Seemed quiet- as compared to his performance against Kerry.

lenny

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 22, 2018, 10:24:08 PM
Sean would want to wind the neck in at this stage. Fair enough he has a right to voice his opinion on Tyrone matters but he appears to be using  (abusing?) his position to create controversy in order to further his punditry career

If you think his criticism was bad have a look at mulligans views on the match in the irish star. He says starting 3 injured players was criminal. Also critical of tyrone during the league.

skeog

Game against Kerry was glorified challenge game more passion in Sallys on a weekend night.

sidelineball

If you think his criticism was bad have a look at mulligans views on the match in the irish star. He says starting 3 injured players was criminal. Also critical of tyrone during the league.
[/quote]

Are these former players all just trying to make a name as being a controversial pundit and further their own brand?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: sidelineball on May 23, 2018, 03:42:41 PM

Are these former players all just trying to make a name as being a controversial pundit and further their own brand?
[/quote]
Maybe its what they actually think?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

southtyronegael

According to the mickey lovers on here everyone who says anything negative has an agenda. Not sure what mugsy has to gain out of it.

longballin

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 23, 2018, 03:43:55 PM
Quote from: sidelineball on May 23, 2018, 03:42:41 PM

Maybe its what they actually think?
[/quote]

You're not allowed to say what you think; this is Mickey Harte they're criticising

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 23, 2018, 03:47:52 PM
According to the mickey lovers on here everyone who says anything negative has an agenda. Not sure what mugsy has to gain out of it.

Mugsy is right. It was foolhardy in the extreme to play players carrying injuries in such an important game and for me it was one of a few factors that influenced the result, but I don't accept that Sean doesn't have an agenda. His comments yesterday and the timing of his comments last week have shown him to be a little bit of a fame hungry self publicist who is doing his best to align himself with RTE and the exposure that brings.
That was never a square ball!!

Therealdonald

Big Sean is 100% right. Harte didn't hold back in his book to sell more copies. So why should Sean? He doesn't need Harte nor never needed him. Fair play to him.

Can't win with some people. If he says nothing he's a boring pundit, says something he's a publicity hunter.