Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therealdonald

Quote from: Thebigdog on November 05, 2017, 10:48:28 PM
Hold on a minute guys let's just get down to what the real issue is here. Two of the most "capped" players in the Tyrone squad are Peter Harte and Aidan Mccrory. Are these two players some of the best players in Tyrone for the past ten years? People need to really waken up on this. Postcode lottery if truth be told.

I actually understand your point bigdog, but using Peter Harte in the same sentence as Aidan McCrory with regards to a postcode lottery is just wrong. Petey is 1 of the most talented players in Ireland and would make any other county team. Imagine the star he would be if he played for Dublin in a Ciaran Kilkenny or Con O'Callaghan role.

longballin

So many derogatory comments about a Tyrone player on this thread, isn't the way to go. I remember Colm Cavanagh used to get the same probably by many of the same boys now congratulating him and praising him for deserved All Star...

Therealdonald

But i do think Colm was a bit of an enigma. He probably only got as many chances as he did because he was Sean's brother, but to be fair to him he took his extra chances (eventually) with both hands.

southtyronegael

must say i always liked colly cavanagh, not the most stylish footballer but had enough ability and a great attitude. was always  goin to make it and i was never sure why people were maybe hard on him early on. won an all ireland minor in 04 to dont forget.

Thebigdog

Quote from: Therealdonald on November 06, 2017, 04:40:03 PM
Hold on a minute guys let's just get down to what the real issue is here. Two of the most "capped" players in the Tyrone squad are Peter Harte and Aidan Mccrory. Are these two players some of the best players in Tyrone for the past ten years? People need to really waken up on this. Postcode lottery if truth be told.

I actually understand your point bigdog, but using Peter Harte in the same sentence as Aidan McCrory with regards to a postcode lottery is just wrong. Petey is 1 of the most talented players in Ireland and would make any other county team. Imagine the star he would be if he played for Dublin in a Ciaran Kilkenny or Con O'Callaghan role.
Peter Harte wouldn't get on the Dublin team for the simple reason Dublin's open style would show him up for his limitations. Petey needs a free role so doesn't have to worry about doing the unsavoury elements of Gaelic football, that's why Mickey uses the blanket defence to suit him. Any ideas that the boss will get rid of it you can forget about it!

Therealdonald

Quote from: Thebigdog on November 06, 2017, 08:45:43 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on November 06, 2017, 04:40:03 PM

Peter Harte wouldn't get on the Dublin team for the simple reason Dublin's open style would show him up for his limitations. Petey needs a free role so doesn't have to worry about doing the unsavoury elements of Gaelic football, that's why Mickey uses the blanket defence to suit him. Any ideas that the boss will get rid of it you can forget about it!

That is complete utter nonsense, if let play in an attacking set-up Harte would be an integral part of the Dublin. I'd even suggest that he would be the only Tyrone player who would make the Dublin team. If you don't like his uncle fine, but don't let that blinker your assessment.

DEL

Thebigdog it's time to delete your account and step away from the keyboard.
Peter Harte he said  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thebigdog

Have you noticed Petey didn't get picked for the international rules this time around? This doesn't surprise me at all considering the Aussies threw him around croke park like a rag doll. Also cast your mind back to the Ulster final last year when Ryan McHugh ran at him and Harte couldn't handle it. Second half arrived and Pete was put into midfield to free himself up. Anyone else would have been hauled off. Peter Harte needs the blanket just like Mattie Donnelly who looks very lazy and cumbersome at times when playing for Tyrone. These Tyrone players, if they have any ambition need to seriously get the finger out and man up. Something in the lines of this year's All Ireland final an example of what's required.

The Trap

Peter Harte is a quality footballer and I would love to see him playing at no 7 in an attack minded team, something along these lines:
                N morgan
R Brennan P Hampsey R MCNAmee
T MCCann F BUrns P Harte
           C Cavanagh
           M Donnelly
c meyler KMcGeary R DOnnelly
m Bradley C mcaliskey n sludden

With lee Brennan D Mulgrew and mccurry coming on

Thebigdog

Quote from: DEL on November 06, 2017, 08:58:54 PM
Quote from: The Trap on November 06, 2017, 09:14:06 PM
Peter Harte is a quality footballer and I would love to see him playing at no 7 in an attack minded team, something along these lines:
                N morgan
T MCCann F BUrns P Harte
           C Cavanagh
           M Donnelly

in fairness that looks like a team and system we could go and look at. See how simple it is too pick a team and they say only MH knows how to manage Tyrone. Unfortunately this line up will not happen for at least three years at least.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Thebigdog on November 06, 2017, 09:27:24 PM
Quote from: DEL on November 06, 2017, 08:58:54 PM
Quote from: The Trap on November 06, 2017, 09:14:06 PM
                N morgan
T MCCann F BUrns P Harte
           C Cavanagh
           M Donnelly

in fairness that looks like a team and system we could go and look at. See how simple it is too pick a team and they say only MH knows how to manage Tyrone. Unfortunately this line up will not happen for at least three years at least.

So thats a team we should look at bigdog? Even though Harte is lined out as a defender? And you think he can't handle unsavoury stuff but think he should be lined out as a defender? That name is a division 2 team. At least 7 of them out of position...clueless trolls

The Trap

7 out of position????
Well Morgan is a keeper.
Brennan has played corner back for uuj
Hampsey was full back on u21 all Ireland winning team
MCNAmee more a corner back than full back
McCann and Harte attacking half backs with great engines
Burns centre back on all Ireland u21 team and great on the ball ( can take frees too)
Cavanagh defensive midfielder
Donnelly attacking midfielder
Meyler and mcgeary won sigerson this year in these positions
Donnelly played underage and for uuj at wing forward
Bradley is a corner forward
Mcaliskey up along with Bradley
Sludden drifting out the pitch as he can play half forward/half back and add to a great running team with 2 up front to hit
Cavanagh playing his role with legs all around the middle 8 to defend and attack.

I thought it wasn't too bad myself

southtyronegael

peter harte is not a half back. we need half backs who can mark their man but be good enough to play out from the back and kick the ball forward. neither mc cann or harte will be any use in half back if we want to play more attacking football.

The Trap

Peter Harte can do all of that. He played one of the best passes I seen all year in the county final. And to say that McCann and Harte at half back is not attacking........I would not like to be marking either of them as a half forward if I was one on one.

DEL

Harte declined the offer to go to Australia.
But sure make up a story that suits you.  :-X