Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 09, 2018, 06:48:15 PM
Think Tyrone will be boyant after that late equaliser with spirits lifted and Meath maybe thinking they missed the boat. Although I expected Tyrone to push on 2nd half. Still optimistic that we have more in the tank.

A prediction that went the right way. That's the test we needed. Got through the game look forward to the next challenge. Battle hardened will leave us in a positive place. No time for negativity, we need to unite and push on.
Living the dream!!!

longballin

Sooner club championship starts the better.

Goals_Will_Come

Disappointing show from Tyrone there. McAliskey offered plenty of spark early on but then few misses crept in and ended up going completely missing in the second half. Burns very much kept Tyrone in it second half with two excellent points and fair play to McShane keeping his composure when so many others were losing theirs.
Some of Tyrones misses today were unforgivable, game really shoulve been over early, Mattie and Harry Loughran lucky McShane bailed them out at the end.
Whole game really came down to the heavily criticised Ronan O'Neill showing some class and composure to set up the goal and that was the difference at the end of the game.
Lot of improvement needed but plenty to come back into the team for next day out. McCanns suspension will save Harte from a difficult decision for the next round on whether to start him or not. Very very poor today.

BennyHarp

Very happy with Ronan O'Neills cameo tonight. A little touch of class to create the goal. A lesser man in his position, with so much to prove, may have had a shot himself for the glory but he saw the bigger picture and put it on a plate for Harry Loughran. A two fingers to those suggesting he was a weak character who would strop off the panel after what happened v Monaghan. Tyrone in general were awful tonight but showed plenty of fight and spirit which was supposedly missing from this squad. Nights like this can bring a team on hugely. Loads of lads got a serious feel of championship football tonight and with a few coming back as the weeks go on, we may just build a bit of momentum. Mayo scraped past Derry at this stage last year and were still standing in September. It's all about getting through! Onwards and upwards.
That was never a square ball!!

sam03/05

Could be doing with an easy draw in the next round or two
Then maybe get the likes of Brennan / Bradley back in for super 8s

If we get a tough draw - on that performance - we will be gone

never kickt a ball

Quote from: The Trap on June 09, 2018, 06:39:56 PM
Ronan oneill out of necessity will come on and win it!

Called it! Only for the sending off and Cathal McShane's equalising point Ronan probably wouldn't have got on at all. As chance after chance was spurned throughout the match it was great to see a bit of composure at last in front of the goals. With the good weather he probably didn't need his gloves anyway 😂

Tyrone95

Does Tyrone stick with  Richy Donelly at 14 in R2 and further should Tyrone progress? Personally I think not. He may be the one sacrificed should Brennan and Bradley return from injury

redzone

Colly cav looks a pale shadow of the player he was. Would he be an option at 14. Time may have caught up with him. We need to try something different I think

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: redzone on June 09, 2018, 09:39:52 PM
Colly cav looks a pale shadow of the player he was. Would he be an option at 14. Time may have caught up with him. We need to try something different I think
Don't think Richie is the option @ 14 but Cavanagh was decent tonight, he carried the ball out of defense when required. I'd move Burns. His ability to kick points from the 45 or outside is there for all to be seen but he offers little defensively. Burns conceded a few soft frees, I think McShane is better positioned at 14 with Burns playing as a half forward. But this is the best result Tyrone could have hoped for. A real test. If we blitzed Meath we would be in a false state of mind.
Living the dream!!!

redzone

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 09, 2018, 09:52:29 PM
Quote from: redzone on June 09, 2018, 09:39:52 PM
Don't think Richie is the option @ 14 but Cavanagh was decent tonight, he carried the ball out of defense when required. I'd move Burns. His ability to kick points from the 45 or outside is there for all to be seen but he offers little defensively. Burns conceded a few soft frees, I think McShane is better positioned at 14 with Burns playing as a half forward. But this is the best result Tyrone could have hoped for. A real test. If we blitzed Meath we would be in a false state of mind.
Suppose colly has set the bar that high for himself, maybe I'm not giving him enough credit this evening. Tough conditions for older players. Burns was blew harshly for the equaliser but mcgeary lucky at the end, def a free and got away with the penalty. Does oneill deserve one last chance at starting after saving us or will his role be of a sub in the last 10 min. Probably be the lattter. Presuming Bradly and Brennan can't be far away, maybe 2 weeks. If we take our chances we would win any game,

Redhand Santa

Definitely harsh on Colm Cavanagh given he's only played a couple of county games this year and is trying to get back to fitness. If Tyrone get a run going he'd be the least of my worries.

Enjoyable game. Tyrone good in first half and should have been out of sight. Still missing too many chances. Performance after that was below the level needed but theee games are all about winning.

Two weeks now to get ready for next game and try to get the season going. Lot of work put in the last 6 months or more and over a number of years, might as well give it everything now and see where it takes them. Anyone hopzing they go out should never mentioning supporting Tyrone again. Utterly disrespectful to what our county is about.

Localexpert

What do we make of the Tyrone supporter being dragged from the ground by 2 garda all because he comitted the disgraceful crime of having a Palestinian flag?

Baile an tuaigh

The question is why did the Tyrone fans let the guards away with it?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 10, 2018, 12:01:36 AM

What should they have done? They were there to watch a match not get themselves arrested for interfering with a Garda in the course of his duty.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: Jim Bob on June 10, 2018, 12:08:46 AM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 10, 2018, 12:01:36 AM

What should they have done? They were there to watch a match not get themselves arrested for interfering with a Garda in the course of his duty.

I would process that much different than you. So the fan done nothing wrong accept being guilty of holding a Palestinian flag. That should be none of the Guards business.