Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Black card was a big call that was a turning point in the game. I was very far away from it so can't comment on if it was a fair call or not.

Tyrone Gaa

Didn't clearly see the Peter Harte black card incident either. Errigal early on sat back allowed Coalisland to pick holes in the defence and took a 4/5 point lead.  Peter Donnelly in goals looked ropey, his kickouts were poor and when Errigal pressured them they got good results.  Coalisland can feel unlucky about the 1st goal being awarded for me Peter Donnelly was foiled inside the small square.  that's the only major decision Errigal got after that any key decisions went Coalisland's way, cant believe Jason Carberry stayed on the field never mind out of the referees book. Constantly fouling all game
Living the dream!!!

Tyrone Gaa

On the Dungannon game, I never seen a side throw away a game like it. All they had to do was keep the scoreboard ticking over but they seemed obsessed by trying to score goals and when the Tatts keeper pulled off a fine save they went straight down the pitch and scored their own goal. There will be serious post mortems in Dungannon tonight even without a lot of key players
Living the dream!!!

GetOverTheBar

The Killyclogher wingback as stated earlier was sensational today. Looks very young but surely going to get a trial - or something pre season with county. McLaughlin v Bradley was a great duel. Killyclogher well worth their win.

Interesting that Meyler saw red today for striking after calling other players dirty tramps....Tiernan McCann should have went too

Coalisland v Errigal wasn't the classic expected at all now, Peter Harte sending off probably dictated the ending of the game. Coalisland managed the game out well from there to be fair to them.

barelegs

Murnaghan was on the Tyrone Under 20 team this year and certainly didn't stand out by any stretch. I'd like to see another few performances like that before you could consider him.

redzone

Murnaghan was flagged up here earlier in the year as one to watch. Peter Herron caught the eye against dromore, how'd he get on today. He's light but quite young

NotedObserver

Any forwards stand out? I assume Mark Bradley is still the best tyrone forward tyrone have?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: NotedObserver on September 30, 2018, 07:30:49 PM
Any forwards stand out? I assume Mark Bradley is still the best tyrone forward tyrone have?

McNiece from Coalisland was very good today I thought, always an outlet - even when Coalisland went through a 10 minute period where they looked determined to force a goal via a high ball (to be fair did nearly get one).

Probably not in the best shape he's ever been but he's putting his hand up during club championship.

BIGONE

You got your wish localexpert. Will edendork be fit to challenge yous at all? God that Maor Foirne from coalisland is like Mrs Doubtfire running about! The shape of him! 😂

DEL

Matthew Murnaghan was excellent in first game really caught the eye. Omagh very poor missing too many from last year. Second game was good spectacle black card call was a shocker wasn't even a booking. Probably ensured Island held on. Thought Mark Bradley and Peter Harte hard done by in both games. Both targeted only Killyclogher had more men who stepped up.

LeoMc

Quote from: Jim Bob on September 30, 2018, 06:48:37 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 30, 2018, 06:46:14 PM
Coalisland were good value for their win.
Would Edendork v Coalisland be considered a derby?

Definitely. Now....where it it be held.........
Newmills?

Club boi

Quote from: DEL on September 30, 2018, 08:11:01 PM
Matthew Murnaghan was excellent in first game really caught the eye. Omagh very poor missing too many from last year. Second game was good spectacle black card call was a shocker wasn't even a booking. Probably ensured Island held on. Thought Mark Bradley and Peter Harte hard done by in both games. Both targeted only Killyclogher had more men who stepped up.

Fianna slightly better team IMO, the nephew P.H was very hard done by, everyone around us was surprised at the ref for black carding him, no complaints about the Red. Errigal missing P.H helped Fianna greatly. They will steam roll Edendork by double figures

Localexpert

Quote from: BIGONE on September 30, 2018, 07:48:05 PM
You got your wish localexpert. Will edendork be fit to challenge yous at all? God that Maor Foirne from coalisland is like Mrs Doubtfire running about! The shape of him! 😂

Absolutely!! can't wait for it.  Semi final will take nothing for granted but if we both play to our potential I think we win!  7/2 underdogs can win after all  ;)

BIGONE

10 points won't save them!! Fianna be 1/10 favs?

OffTheDeck

Fianna should win, especially if Conn Kilpatrick has broke the ankle. Massive loss for Edendork