Previous topic - Next topic

Tyroneforsam

Quote from: Mikhailov on October 01, 2017, 01:43:23 PM
Quote from: Tyroneforsam on October 01, 2017, 01:40:10 PM
Quote from: In hiding on October 01, 2017, 09:40:48 AM
Quote from: stillsenior on October 01, 2017, 08:13:26 AM
Quote from: tiempo on September 30, 2017, 10:36:20 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on September 30, 2017, 08:01:12 PM
It's the county ground, simple. Like I said, Omagh have been in county finals before and they were all (if memory serves me correctly) in Healy Park. Why would this year be any different?

Omagh Clonoe 88 final was in Dungannon
Omagh Ardboe 98 final was in Pomeroy

Omagh is one of a number of designated county grounds in Tyrone including Dungannon and Coalisland. The ground is the property of the Omagh club and the County Board have no claim on it as such.

Its a shame the CB don't use other venues for NFL or McKenna cup games any more as Omagh lacks much in the way of atmosphere.

Neutral venue would be better solution for a county final.

The County Final will be played wherever TG4 say

There has been about 10000 people at recent county finals. Can any other ground host that size of crowd  ?

Plunkett Park holds in the region of 12000 people.

It may do and the changing rooms hold about 12 !! Worst facilities for players in the county

That won't be the case in two years time.

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on October 01, 2017, 01:55:46 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on October 01, 2017, 01:43:23 PM
Quote from: Tyroneforsam on October 01, 2017, 01:40:10 PM
Quote from: In hiding on October 01, 2017, 09:40:48 AM
Quote from: stillsenior on October 01, 2017, 08:13:26 AM
Quote from: tiempo on September 30, 2017, 10:36:20 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on September 30, 2017, 08:01:12 PM
It's the county ground, simple. Like I said, Omagh have been in county finals before and they were all (if memory serves me correctly) in Healy Park. Why would this year be any different?

Omagh Clonoe 88 final was in Dungannon
Omagh Ardboe 98 final was in Pomeroy

Omagh is one of a number of designated county grounds in Tyrone including Dungannon and Coalisland. The ground is the property of the Omagh club and the County Board have no claim on it as such.

Its a shame the CB don't use other venues for NFL or McKenna cup games any more as Omagh lacks much in the way of atmosphere.

Neutral venue would be better solution for a county final.

The County Final will be played wherever TG4 say

There has been about 10000 people at recent county finals. Can any other ground host that size of crowd  ?

Plunkett Park holds in the region of 12000 people.

It may do and the changing rooms hold about 12 !! Worst facilities for players in the county

That won't be the case in two years time.
[/quot

Ballygawley v Omagh in the final who cares about that play it in Garvaghy

Club boi

Martin Sludden - Still arrogant as ever, still the best Ref in the County

skeog

Agree the best ref still in the county i thought at one stage he was going to book the linesman. 

DEL

Quote from: skeog on October 01, 2017, 07:28:34 PM
Agree the best ref still in the county i thought at one stage he was going to book the linesman.

Not so sure, he was poor tonight. He gave Pomeroy frees he wouldn't have gave to Errigal. Very one sided. Pomerol were excellent tonight deserved at least a draw. Thought their legs went in last 5, the mid week game showed on them. Omagh will be delighted best team were beat.

rrhf

So what happened in those last8 mins.

southtyronegael

thought pomeroy threw that game away tonight. they were the better team but gave away far too many easy frees which kept errigal in it. frank burns , hugh pat mc geery, kieran mc geery the standouts for me. serious crowd at it!

LeoMc

Quote from: never kickt a ball on October 01, 2017, 12:32:53 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 01, 2017, 11:01:28 AM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on September 30, 2017, 08:15:58 PM
Quote from: giveherlong on September 30, 2017, 07:52:22 PM
Why should you have home advantage in county final??
I'm sure either Errigal or Pomeroy will be asking the same questions
Quote from: giveherlong on September 30, 2017, 07:23:08 PM
Will the county final be played in carrickmore now so omagh don't have home advantage? Precedent set with the first round game v Ardboe

Two posts in half an hour. Are you going to whinge and wine about this for two weeks?
They beat Carrickmore in 2014 and lost to Carrickmore in 2005 when the precedent was set - both in Healy Park.

I'd have Errigal as strong favourites myself.
No point Pomeroy even turning up. ::)

Wouldn't say that. Strong favourites have been beat before.
Omagh must have been bad last night when you have Errigal strong favourites!

barelegs

No matter about the senior final in Omagh, I see the Intermediate and Junior finals are down to be played in Carrickmore

Club boi

Junior Final last year in Dungannon

Is Omagh not fit or being kept for Seniors??

mick the master

Omagh not fit for 3 games inside a week!!😂Some setup

DEL

Quote from: mick the master on October 01, 2017, 11:04:52 PM

Possibility county final in Carrickmore as well. Errigal can look for  neutral venue an Co Bord will have to 'look into it' errigal would be mad to give omagh home advantage. Quiz question: When was last co final outside omagh ?

never kickt a ball

Quote from: DEL on October 02, 2017, 12:38:02 AM
Quote from: mick the master on October 01, 2017, 11:04:52 PM

Possibility county final in Carrickmore as well. Errigal can look for  neutral venue an Co Bord will have to 'look into it' errigal would be mad to give omagh home advantage. Quiz question: When was last co final outside omagh ?

Don't you just love it. Omagh had hardly their boots off in Pomeroy on Saturday night when the mind games operation swung into action. From 50 year old ex minors being given their pedigree to howls of protest from some about the county final being played in the county ground 😂😂😂😂😂

TF15

I think the final should be in carrickmore. Not only because it's neutral but also because the atmosphere would be electric. Would be a real throwback. I'd say either way both teams won't care too much.

Redhand Santa

Carrickmore definitely generates better atmosphere for club games and is a much more sensible choice for the junior and intermediate finals. Though in the past the senior final has attracted anyway from 7000 to 11000. I'm not sure Carrickmore is ideal for crowds of that size. Parking wouldn't be the best. What does it actually hold? Would Pomeroy not be the more likely option if the final is moved anyway? I can't see it being moved out of Omagh either way.