Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tothetop03

Pomeroy and Clonoe fixture in Athletic Grounds now.... taking the piss at this stage chopping and changing...

Tyrone95

Maybe I have missed something but what is the reason that Healy park can't hold tomorrow's game as well??

Wee Roddy

Quote from: skeog on September 24, 2017, 10:49:59 PM
Did Carmen change the trainer mid season for no apparent reason.
I think the powers that be decided we werent going to win a championship and tighten the belt financially on this one. I could be wrong

tothetop03

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 25, 2017, 03:26:02 PM
Quote from: skeog on September 24, 2017, 10:49:59 PM
Did Carmen change the trainer mid season for no apparent reason.
I think the powers that be decided we werent going to win a championship and tighten the belt financially on this one. I could be wrong

Short sited stuff the this County's most successful club is it not...

Wee Roddy

It was wrong it seems. I have just been told it was for the development of the younger players. The previous coach was coaching very defensively and a decision was taken that it wasnt the way forward with the players at their disposal. There had been no improvement in two years under a highly regarded coach so it was a brave move

LeoMc

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 25, 2017, 03:51:31 PM
It was wrong it seems. I have just been told it was for the development of the younger players. The previous coach was coaching very defensively and a decision was taken that it wasnt the way forward with the players at their disposal. There had been no improvement in two years under a highly regarded coach so it was a brave move
Sounds like a more long term approach but does the coach not take his direction from the Manager?

Wee Roddy

Maybe the manager and coach couldnt work together? I am not sure on this one. G Years seems to be more in the know than me

Under Lights

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 25, 2017, 05:10:32 PM
Maybe the manager and coach couldnt work together? I am not sure on this one. G Years seems to be more in the know than me

Stop holding back,  tell us what you really think.

Will Conor Gormley, Mark Donnelly and Penrose be back for another championship?

DEL

Where did Sludden get 8 minutes of extra time in the second half from? There were not that many stoppages!
[/quote]

Also thought Sludden helped make it an entertaining game but 8 min extra time was crazy!
Also as a side issue Peter Harte must be the most fouled man in tyrone. IMO
Off the ball he gets constant 'attention' that seems to be totally ignored.

tothetop03

Quote from: DEL on September 25, 2017, 05:18:23 PM

Where did Sludden get 8 minutes of extra time in the second half from? There were not that many stoppages!

Also thought Sludden helped make it an entertaining game but 8 min extra time was crazy!
Also as a side issue Peter Harte must be the most fouled man in tyrone. IMO
Off the ball he gets constant 'attention' that seems to be totally ignored.
[/quote]

Between Peter Harte and Pj Lavery for that title...

Wee Roddy

I dont think Conor Mullan did much off the ball stuff on Harte. He was just tight and aggressive in the tackle. Do you stand up and let him dictate the game and destroy you? Conor is not a dirty player at all.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 25, 2017, 05:32:30 PM
I dont think Conor Mullan did much off the ball stuff on Harte. He was just tight and aggressive in the tackle. Do you stand up and let him dictate the game and destroy you? Conor is not a dirty player at all.

I also heard that the trainer was got rid off because of the style of play and I do think now that the powers that be jumped to this decision a bit hastily. Maybe it was a financial decision. I also think we need a whole new managerial set up. A more professional approach is needed. One that is going to bring youth through. No disrespect to seamus And Co but you don't need a high level of football intelligence to see the wrong changes were made yesterday. Bringing off conan mcelduff was strange to say the least. Not sure where we lay with retirements but hopefully the guys will give it another year and going by their performances yesterday they can still do a job

DEL

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 25, 2017, 05:32:30 PM

Conor was very good on Harte. He was disciplined in the tackle but it's off the ball like other markers he was able to get away with continual fouling. Totally agree that PJ, even lee Brennan, sparky, also receive the same treatment and again they receive very little protection. Listen I know if we were playing against them we would probably try do the same, the point is that at a championship game if it's obvious to the crowd it should be obvious to the officials, but it's not.

Man Marker

What did the loup man do that made you think he was pale, he didn't do anything that looked like he was intimidated. Both men slabbered a bit at each other and that was about it, I thought Ozzie looked foolish as there nothing happening

southtyronegael

i see dinky mc bride on the carrickmore sideline. did he replace mc cann? on another note has anyone noticed how poorly all the county men seem to be playing for their clubs? mc clure from clonoe the only one ive seen have a good game.