Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Cheltenham Fun on September 22, 2016, 10:30:15 AM
Whats is peoples views on players taking legal cases against other players on things that happen on the GAA field?  On my early morning delivery run i heard a story about ongoing case about a current player from my own club and player from a club not a million miles away with the player from my club being charged with GBH. I don't know if the story is true hence why i don't want mention names or the opposing club.

My views would that in most cases what happens on the field stays there but in cases where it can't be i think it can be dealt with without going legal.
What are your suggestions here?

skeog

LSD is the usual reason for what happens on the field going to a courtroom

blackball

Quote from: Cheltenham Fun on September 22, 2016, 12:23:14 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 22, 2016, 11:53:21 AM
Whats is peoples views on players taking legal cases against other players on things that happen on the GAA field?  On my early morning delivery run i heard a story about ongoing case about a current player from my own club and player from a club not a million miles away with the player from my club being charged with GBH. I don't know if the story is true hence why i don't want mention names or the opposing club.

My views would that in most cases what happens on the field stays there but in cases where it can't be i think it can be dealt with without going legal.

I am saying things can be sorted man to man, club to club without trying to get some man a criminal record for something that happened on a football field. If it comes down to some cub looking money then sort it out but a criminal record can cost people their jobs and lively hoods.

Dont act like a tr**p on the field and you wont have to worry about getting a court case brought against you!

blackball

Quote from: Cheltenham Fun on September 22, 2016, 12:46:56 PM
Quote from: blackball on September 22, 2016, 12:35:30 PM
Quote from: Cheltenham Fun on September 22, 2016, 12:23:14 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on September 22, 2016, 11:53:21 AM

I am saying things can be sorted man to man, club to club without trying to get some man a criminal record for something that happened on a football field. If it comes down to some cub looking money then sort it out but a criminal record can cost people their jobs and lively hoods.

Dont act like a tr**p on the field and you wont have to worry about getting a court case brought against you!

You obviously never played much football!

I played a fair bit, but whats that got to do with it? things sometimes get out of hand and a few punches are threw etc that all can be sorted out there and then on the field by the referee or the teams themselves. But there are some boys out there that think they can get away with anything because its on a football field. If you done it on a saturday night you would get lifted and end up in court so why not the same if you do it on a football field?

ose 14

zero tolerance to violence end off. if someone causes actual bodily harm to another individual then its not up to clubs to sort it out. theres still afew clod hopping teams in tyrone but the majority now want to play football. a few boys squaring up happens but punching someone from behind when there not looking is violence in my book and cowardice on another level.

TabClear

Quote from: ose 14 on September 22, 2016, 02:16:06 PM
zero tolerance to violence end off. if someone causes actual bodily harm to another individual then its not up to clubs to sort it out. theres still afew clod hopping teams in tyrone but the majority now want to play football. a few boys squaring up happens but punching someone from behind when there not looking is violence in my book and cowardice on another level.

Exactly. Any of the cases I've ever heard about going down the legal route are rarely where two guys have went toe to toe on the pitch. As far as I'm concerned that's part and parcel of the game.

The court case are generally where one player has been blindsided/ganged up on/struck when defenceless.  In these cases good enough for the instigator if he gets done for it.  A blind side punch is a as cowardly as it gets in my opinion

TabClear

Quote from: Cheltenham Fun on September 22, 2016, 03:21:52 PM
Maybe i am to old school. You should never going running to the police.  Brits out  ;D

Not a matter of old school as far as I'm concerned. Just if someone decides they are going to be a sc**bag/coward they have to accept the consequences. Might make some of the so called "hard men" think twice before they land a dirty slap.

As I said, I've no issue with two boys boxing the head of each other one on one a la ice hockey. That should be red card and that's the end of it.

WBF

I think he's referring to old school about going to the police?

Also had seen someone saying about Shane Meehan being the referee for Clonoe vs Coalisland but I seen there on teamtalk that he got hurt in a work accident so looks like a new ref will be in!

TabClear

Quote from: WBF on September 22, 2016, 03:46:52 PM

Also had seen someone saying about Shane Meehan being the referee for Clonoe vs Coalisland but I seen there on teamtalk that he got hurt in a work accident so looks like a new ref will be in!

So was I. If you hit someone a punch from behind in the street you can expect the police to get involved.  Just because your on a pitch doesn't make it any less cowardly

TabClear

Quote from: Cheltenham Fun on September 22, 2016, 04:28:28 PM
Quote from: TabClear on September 22, 2016, 04:20:45 PM
Quote from: WBF on September 22, 2016, 03:46:52 PM

So was I. If you hit someone a punch from behind in the street you can expect the police to get involved.  Just because your on a pitch doesn't make it any less cowardly

Police will only get involved if you tell them or they see it.  Many a punch i got out on the street with no police involvement. Anyway, Why you on about a punch from behind here all the time?  You know something we don't?

No just using that as an example of a scenario where I would have no sympathy for him,  not referring to a specific incident.  Its just something that really annoys me.  As blackball  said play hard but just don't act the tr**p on the pitch.

SuperHo

Whos effin reffin the mora night? Please dont say jerome

maco

In hiding

Heres what is going to happen over the weekend...
Killyclogher v Dromore
Both teams will spend most of their resources nullifying the threat of their opponent. Niall Sludden or Emmet O Neill will be sacrificed to stop Tiernan Mc Cann, Ciaran Mc Coy will be hanging out of Conal Mc Cann and Cathal Mc Carron will have the biggest job of the night... mark sparky.
On the flip side either Danny Gorman or Marty Swift will comfortably mark ruari sludden, but young ronan mc nab will cause serious bother. Killyclogher will possibly push swift out to do a man marking job. Killyclogher will rely totally on their defensive system and hope to concede very few scorable frees but I think Dromore have better players and as a result will create enough scores to win the game. Killyclogher have serious belief in what they do but i take Dromore to win 0-11 to 0-08, provided Dromore don't bring on Ricey or Colm Mc Cullagh. The other dodgy element is Dromores new goalkeeper. Big game for him,

Clonoe v Coalisland
Over the last few years i would always take clonoe to beat coalisland, but not this year. Clonoe look a tired team overly reliant on Declan Mc Clure winning ball at midfield and Danny Mc Nulty causing bother at ff. Last year Paudie Hampsey and Louis O Neill did really well on skeet and mc Nulty and i believe they will do the same on sunday. Johnny Curran is a huge player for Coalisland and his 70-80 yard kickouts to Brian Toner and Stevie Mc Nally in particular will be the difference. Jerome Mc Clure will spend the day fouling Cathoir Quinn and if the ref is strong Coalisland will win 1-12 to 1-8

You gotta love the club championship

In hiding

While i'm at it senior club allstar to date

1  Johnny Curran
2  Marty Swift
3  Danny Gorman
4  Stevie Mullan
5  Tiernan Mc Cann
6  Emmet O Neill (out of position)
7  PJ Lavery
8  Johnny Munroe
9  Declan Mc Clure