Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: Dire Ear on October 22, 2018, 10:09:49 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on October 21, 2018, 11:20:57 PM
Check out Docsport's video of Tiarnan McCann's goal today on Facebook. He needlessly goads Peter Donnelly after scoring and Donnelly looks none too pleased.
No big fan of McCann, or of goading;  but not much in that to be fair,  and you don't know if there was other stuff said or going on.

McCann had a great game and for me the goal was the score of the day (the two Coalisland points near the end where close). However I wondered what he was at getting into P Donnellys face after the goal for and thought to myself he might regret it in the end. He also seemed to be giving plenty of verbals to Coalisland 8 when he got out to him too.

For me Killyclogher got their tactics all wrong... it was a poor performance from their management. Why play 13/14 men behind the ball when you are playing with a wind advantage in the 1st half and you have one of the best forwards in the county. It was also shite to watch until 2nd half!

square_ball

Quote from: WT4E on October 22, 2018, 10:14:53 AM
Check out Docsport's video of Tiarnan McCann's goal today on Facebook. He needlessly goads Peter Donnelly after scoring and Donnelly looks none too pleased.
No big fan of McCann, or of goading;  but not much in that to be fair,  and you don't know if there was other stuff said or going on.

McCann had a great game and for me the goal was the score of the day (the two Coalisland points near the end where close). However I wondered what he was at getting into P Donnellys face after the goal for and thought to myself he might regret it in the end. He also seemed to be giving plenty of verbals to Coalisland 8 when he got out to him too.

For me Killyclogher got their tactics all wrong... it was a poor performance from their management. Why play 13/14 men behind the ball when you are playing with a wind advantage in the 1st half and you have one of the best forwards in the county. It was also shite to watch until 2nd half!

Number 8 was in his ear the whole of the first half. McCann was just giving it back. McCann destroyed him in the first half so obviously the verbals didn't work.

But you're 100% right about killyclogher in the first half. What good was it having Bradley tracking back to his own 13 metre line when he was winning every ball in front of his man at the other end?

Hotrocks

Mc Cann didn't pick it from the ground.  His auld boy was an awful slabber on the field in his day.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: WT4E on October 22, 2018, 10:14:53 AM

Should have mentioned those scores yesterday actually. Special stuff from the Coalisland lad who came on.

Pmk1987

Quote from: OurKid on October 22, 2018, 04:32:00 AM
Tiernan McCann behaved poorly today to be honest , scored a goal and celebrated at coalisland keeper like a 14 year old. Needs to wise up thinks he's a basketball player or something going on like that. But anyway he got what he deserved in the end up. #Sunbeds

I dont know about behaving poorly.. he may have reacted to scoring a goal which may have been wrong but the abuse that he seems to take on a field in any game leads to that i think. I bet you are the same cub who loves him when he plays for tyrone. Immaturity of the highest level.

GaaFanatic123

Was Glad to see Coalisland win, they deserved it with the run they've had and took some big teams out of it like Dromore and the 5 parishes of Ballygawley! Edendork should have beat them but they didnt and it was always expected for Coalisland to overcome them! Semi's are all about winning and not performaces!!
On the final yesterday there where a few men who really stood out for me on the Coalisland team.

1. Paudi Hampsey on his turnovers and tackling, he put on and expedition on tackling!
2. Cormac O'Hagan, Free taking was top drawer, under pressure, didnt put a foot wrong the whole game
3. Michael McKernan moved onto KC's best performer McCann, Carberry got the better of Sludden and Petey Harte in earlier rounds but McCann won this battle, was moved McKernan on was essential for Coalisland to win
4. Daniel Fee, Outstanding performance, up and down all day, toss of a coin for me on MOTM with Hampsey

omagh_gael

Agree that it wasnt the worst thing in the world. Thought there was a interesting dynamic due to them working closely in the county set up.

WT4E

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on October 22, 2018, 11:06:17 AM
Was Glad to see Coalisland win, they deserved it with the run they've had and took some big teams out of it like Dromore and the 5 parishes of Ballygawley! Edendork should have beat them but they didnt and it was always expected for Coalisland to overcome them! Semi's are all about winning and not performaces!!
On the final yesterday there where a few men who really stood out for me on the Coalisland team.

1. Paudi Hampsey on his turnovers and tackling, he put on and expedition on tackling!
2. Cormac O'Hagan, Free taking was top drawer, under pressure, didnt put a foot wrong the whole game
3. Michael McKernan moved onto KC's best performer McCann, Carberry got the better of Sludden and Petey Harte in earlier rounds but McCann won this battle, was moved McKernan on was essential for Coalisland to win
4. Daniel Fee, Outstanding performance, up and down all day, toss of a coin for me on MOTM with Hampsey

I thought Stephen McNally was man of the match - had a great game.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: WT4E on October 22, 2018, 11:09:18 AM

He was, maybe being a former corner back myself Im biased towards Fee!
Could pick out loads of men, Young Quinn deserves a mention, Plunkey lead by example, Eoghan Hampsey didnt give Sparky much, I could go through all off them!
For a change could the man of the match even be the Coalisland managment, really you could argue thats where the game was really won!!

omagh_gael

Was it this year or last that Coalisland gave their previous management th heave ho? Not a bad decision!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on October 22, 2018, 11:19:32 AM

Could pick out loads of men, Young Quinn deserves a mention, Plunkey lead by example, Eoghan Hampsey didnt give Sparky much, I could go through all off them!
For a change could the man of the match even be the Coalisland managment, really you could argue thats where the game was really won!!
If we are talk g about bad manners and unsporting behaviour from McCann, then I dunno how you could praise the coalisland management team. Thier behavior was a disgrace.
The sooner the GAA stamp out managers and mentors coming into the field the better.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tyroneman

Given their ability to upset the odds this year against the fancied teams, what's the thoughts on Coalisland taking down Cross.....?

Would need to be able to take the 2 x O'Neills influence away from the game (especially Rian)  and have someone who could physically match up to Hanratty etc.....

Delegater

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 22, 2018, 11:36:41 AM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on October 22, 2018, 11:19:32 AM

If we are talk g about bad manners and unsporting behaviour from McCann, then I dunno how you could praise the coalisland management team. Thier behavior was a disgrace.
The sooner the GAA stamp out managers and mentors coming into the field the better.

Both camps were at that. Every time Tiernan got touched he went down (delayed reaction) and then on came the physio, statician, hairdresser, parish priest and manicurist to make sure he was ok.

He was OK.

Why didnt Connal McCann play yesterday?

Delegater

Quote from: tyroneman on October 22, 2018, 11:47:51 AM
Given their ability to upset the odds this year against the fancied teams, what's the thoughts on Coalisland taking down Cross.....?

Would need to be able to take the 2 x O'Neills influence away from the game (especially Rian)  and have someone who could physically match up to Hanratty etc.....

Slim to none. More none than slim.

chieftain

Poor enough county final if truth be told. Coalisland were happy enough to soak up pressure and run clock down in first half against wind, and killyclogher done like dromore and errigal before them and played far too conservative with it. All in all though they were far the better team, some outstanding ballers, young lad that came on made the entrance fee bearable with two outstanding points to liven up second half. Tiernan mccann showed why hes a county player yesterday, was killycloghers best performer. Carberry tried everything he could in first half, actually think he should go to ulster now and concentrate on playing football rather than niggling as hes wasting himself at the carry on hes at. Coalisland have the players to beat Cross if they apply themselves and could actually give ulster a good rattle.

The intermediate final was niggly too, however again the best team won. Tattyreagh have a serious outfit, and they are all young men,could be a year too early for division 1, however im sure they wont care. some achievement. They got their match ups perfect. johnny harkin on mcelroy and murray on kavanagh. Tattyreaghs full forward line took the augher full back line to the cleaners. Sludden suited them also as he let tackles go a good bit and they were alot more of a physical presence. Is that sludden retired?