Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on May 02, 2021, 10:27:19 PM
On that point MR2 and the rest of ye, do you not find it a bit farcical we cannot have a few men standing watching over the wire even though the shops and pubs can have people outside

Personally yes I agree with you, but I'm over the moon we can play games, clubs should at the minute look at streaming games to their members.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Was there Time to fitness test the refs ? Some struggle to keep up with play

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 03, 2021, 09:35:07 PM
Was there Time to fitness test the refs ? Some struggle to keep up with play

I'd be more concerned with some of the players I've seen playing, they'd struggle to put on a jersey
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Lads be grateful for the refs we have (MR2 included) for them over the next 10 weeks they will be asked to do maybe 3-5 games a week over all codes and ages, they will give up family time, work time and self time, for what? Men to sit here and take cheap shots at fitness etc. Belfast GAA man put your money where your mouth is and take up the whistle.

And yes:

1. Last year I did speak out of turn when Totes got the final but I took that back: and
2. I am an ex ref so my money has been where my mouth is

Belfast GAA man

but a ref can't be subbed when not wrecked like a playeR can so they do have to b fit
We would have no sport without them so fair play to them

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 03, 2021, 10:33:50 PM
but a ref can't be subbed when not wrecked like a playeR can so they do have to b fit
We would have no sport without them so fair play to them

You're full of shit, having cheap shots at our refs, unreal

Belfast GAA man

Just said we would have no sporT without them ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 03, 2021, 10:39:19 PM

You're questioning their fitness..

We've had beep tests every year, but now you come on at question their ability to keep up with play?

I'd like to see you carry out the beep test

JimStynes

I can't wait to shout a load of abuse at MR2

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on May 03, 2021, 11:03:20 PM
I can't wait to shout a load of abuse at MR2

No fans allowed  ;D

Calm Down

Indeed there would not be, therefore being a constant detractor and jumping on any criticism possible is hardly the way to retain and recruit more refs

You do make a good point however, players can be subbed and often are especially as games enter extra time in championship games, why don't we give a bit of credit to those refs still up with the game at those stages

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on May 03, 2021, 10:39:19 PM

Belfast GAA man

Look Refs are
Needed for the sport
Do a difficult Job
R honest and fair

Nothing neGativ there

Just concerned that after such A long lay off they will b blowing out their ...... in the first Few Gsmes and will need some Slack

Calm Down

Ok, point taken, however there will be a lot of refs who will have been looking after themselves also

As you said cut MR2 a bit of slack, I have heard whilst he may not be blowing out of his a** he certainly talks out of it  ;) ;)

Rodger Mona

Very defensive of refs on this forum. I mentioned a couple of years back something i wasnt happy about a ref doing and got completely lambasted on here for it. whilst they should be owed the most credit for their participation in our games they shouldnt be exempt from any scrutiny. Players, managers and comittees get all forms of criticism on here and opinions are shared across the board, but this notion that you cant say anything to or about a ref has to stop. reminds me of the priests in the 70s where you darent of said a word about them....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on May 04, 2021, 09:36:07 AM
Ok, point taken, however there will be a lot of refs who will have been looking after themselves also

As you said cut MR2 a bit of slack, I have heard whilst he may not be blowing out of his a** he certainly talks out of it  ;) ;)

Like I said there is generally a beep test every year and those that pass will get the championship games and those that don't will not be getting those games, there is no promotion or relegation this year so the intensity will be held for the Championship and local derby games.

The rules test this year was a timed online test, 50 questions in 30 minutes with a very high pass mark required, I would assume coming closer to Championship that the Ref comm. will have us doing the beep test, the intercounty ones will have no doubt carried theirs out already.

As for keeping up with play, the ref is usually a lot closer to the play that the spectator behind the fence  ;)