Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

I've said it before and probably on this thread last year.

How they do these things in America is so much cleaner and more accurate.

Every week, each coach nominates players from the opposition for "team of the week". As far as I know they do not have to nominate any, and there's no upper limit to nominations per week in some leagues.

The players with the most nominations at year end become what they call All Americans, and what we call All Stars. Each league/tier has its own awards, and they have "first team" All Americans, and "second team" All Americans per tier when the league is big enough.

To be fair to the yanks - I generally hate how that country is run - they tend to have the most consistent, fair and even sporting structures imaginable. And this is a further example. Of course there'll be personalities, egos and vendettas between some schools/coaches, but it would be a smallminded and soon regretful coach to play this system unfairly, as other schools will notice and black ball them. 

Nanderson

I think back when I was in school a school that competed at A level could send 3 players, B level could send 2 players and a C level school could send 1 player