Ulster Club IFC/JFC 2023

Started by DownFanatic, September 19, 2023, 12:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthOfThe Bann

Blackhill 10 up v Fintina midway through the second half.

You'd have to have them as favourites for Ulster at this point.

Arva have no pedigree in Ulster division 1 or not whilst blackhill won this competition only a few years ago

rodney trotter

Too much made of Arva being in Division 1. League football isn't taken serious in Cavan. Knockbride are in Division 1 next year and Junior Championship. Killygarry are Senior and in Division 2.

Blackhill hammered the Down champions and are hammering the Tyrone champions,. they won Ulster in 2019.

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 18, 2023, 05:09:40 PMToo much made of Arva being in Division 1. League football isn't taken serious in Cavan. Knockbride are in Division 1 next year and Junior Championship. Killygarry are Senior and in Division 2.

Blackhill hammered the Down champions and are hammering the Tyrone champions,. they won Ulster in 2019.

Killygarry a top 4 or 5 side in Cavan too

LC

Similarities it would seem between Cavan and Tyrone clubs.  Junior and intermediate teams would usually be among the strongest in Ulster but their seniors rarely break much delft in the Ulster Championship.  Errigal in the 90s and maybe Kingscourt before that were the only victors I can ever recall at senior level.

Armagh18

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on November 18, 2023, 05:04:41 PMBlackhill 10 up v Fintina midway through the second half.

You'd have to have them as favourites for Ulster at this point.

Arva have no pedigree in Ulster division 1 or not whilst blackhill won this competition only a few years ago
Hope Blackhill do it. Know of few of those lads, solid team.

nrico2006

Quote from: LC on November 18, 2023, 05:49:47 PMSimilarities it would seem between Cavan and Tyrone clubs.  Junior and intermediate teams would usually be among the strongest in Ulster but their seniors rarely break much delft in the Ulster Championship.  Errigal in the 90s and maybe Kingscourt before that were the only victors I can ever recall at senior level.

No comparison between Cavan teams and Tyrone ones at Junior or Intermediate.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Itchy

Quote from: LC on November 18, 2023, 05:49:47 PMSimilarities it would seem between Cavan and Tyrone clubs.  Junior and intermediate teams would usually be among the strongest in Ulster but their seniors rarely break much delft in the Ulster Championship.  Errigal in the 90s and maybe Kingscourt before that were the only victors I can ever recall at senior level.

No Cavan team has ever won Ulster club. Don't think Kingscourt ever made a final. Bailieboro did and I think Cavan Gaels did too, both lost.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on November 18, 2023, 06:58:20 PM

No Cavan team has ever won Ulster club. Don't think Kingscourt ever made a final. Bailieboro did and I think Cavan Gaels did too, both lost.

Kingscourt made two finals.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Itchy on November 18, 2023, 06:58:20 PM

Kingscourt lost 2 in
Crosserlough too in the very early days
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Itchy

I didn't know that, I stand corrected

clarshack

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 18, 2023, 06:26:47 PM

No comparison between Cavan teams and Tyrone ones at Junior or Intermediate.

15 titles to 4 in favour of Tyrone versus Cavan at Intermediate/Junior Level.

Eire90

Is there a lot of counties were league is not taking serious a seen as a warm up to championship

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Eire90 on November 19, 2023, 12:54:58 AMIs there a lot of counties were league is not taking serious a seen as a warm up to championship

Whats the point of the leagues then if they are essentially glorified challenge matches?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Christmas Lights on November 19, 2023, 07:41:09 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on November 19, 2023, 12:54:58 AMIs there a lot of counties were league is not taking serious a seen as a warm up to championship

Whats the point of the leagues then if they are essentially glorified challenge matches?

Wait to you see antrim next season!@
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Armagh18

Is that not the way in every county? Wouldn't say league not taken serious it definitely is, but championship is life or death for any club that has a bit about them. Never heard of a team drinking for couple weeks after winning a league lol