Previous topic - Next topic

APM

Question for Derry supporters on here! 
Should the CB have him back?

Mario

Quote from: APM on September 11, 2023, 06:51:11 PM
Based on anecdotal conversation, I'd say the majority of Derry fans would have him back tomorrow.

My concern now is that the unique style of play we have been developing for 4 years is now over just as we were getting very good at it. A new manager will have new ideas and a new way of playing that the players will have to adapt to in D1. He needs to be appointed asap. If RG was still there I've no doubt plans would be well under way for the new season.

redzone

Quote from: Mario on September 11, 2023, 07:19:18 PM
Based on anecdotal conversation, I'd say the majority of Derry fans would have him back tomorrow.

My concern now is that the unique style of play we have been developing for 4 years is now over just as we were getting very good at it. A new manager will have new ideas and a new way of playing that the players will have to adapt to in D1. He needs to be appointed asap. If RG was still there I've no doubt plans would be well under way for the new season.
Surely the fact he's never denied is enough proof

Wildweasel74

G that like Gerry Adams saying he was not in the IRA, you believe him?

WT4E

Quote from: JoG2 on September 11, 2023, 01:39:08 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on September 11, 2023, 11:20:19 AM
Quote from: WT4E on September 10, 2023, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 10, 2023, 10:10:46 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 10, 2023, 09:56:01 AM
Are they still selling that Rag?

;D.. The rag's rag

Finger on the pulse. Meenagh gone.... only a matter of time til RG back

Source?
Hopefully not true.

As for RG, I don't think its worth commenting. For me it seems like there's so much going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.
I really don't like the trial by social media stuff, its unfair on everyone involved and could influence legal proceedings in any direction.
I also think that unless there's legal charges and verdicts we shouldn't be treating people as though they are guilty.
But....if my daughter made allegations like this about her boyfriend or husband I'd have a totally different view I guess.
Difficult situation and I certainly wouldn't want to be trying to influence any of it by casting views on individuals online, especially when I don't know all the details.

Good luck with that!

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/gaa/gaelic-football/ciaran-meenagh-derry-football-manager-27695678?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Finger on the pulse jog2 hope ur not crying into your cornflakes.

redzone

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 11, 2023, 07:59:11 PM
G that like Gerry Adams saying he was not in the IRA, you believe him?
Exactly point proven

JoG2

Quote from: WT4E on September 11, 2023, 08:13:10 PM

;D.. The rag's rag

Source?
Hopefully not true.

As for RG, I don't think its worth commenting. For me it seems like there's so much going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.
I really don't like the trial by social media stuff, its unfair on everyone involved and could influence legal proceedings in any direction.
I also think that unless there's legal charges and verdicts we shouldn't be treating people as though they are guilty.
But....if my daughter made allegations like this about her boyfriend or husband I'd have a totally different view I guess.
Difficult situation and I certainly wouldn't want to be trying to influence any of it by casting views on individuals online, especially when I don't know all the details.

Good luck with that!

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/gaa/gaelic-football/ciaran-meenagh-derry-football-manager-27695678?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

It's OK to say WhatsApp, your source of all things Derry related

WT4E

Quote from: JoG2 on September 11, 2023, 08:30:10 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 11, 2023, 08:13:10 PM

;D.. The rag's rag

Source?
Hopefully not true.

Good luck with that!

It's OK to say WhatsApp, your source of all things Derry related

Knew that on friday and It's not WhatsApp and I'm one step ahead of u anyway lol

seafoid

Meenagh doesn't want to continue and now Malachy O'Rourke is favourite to take over per OTB. Not sure what whatsapp is saying
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ck

Between the jigs and the reels of the past few days it fairly clear what has happened here..

RG has been coaching Corduff (funded by Banty) which led to the media running a story about it. The GAA then act (react!) and bar him from GAA. Derry (who had one key member of CBoard itching for RG to return) then realise the game is up. Meenagh who had been waiting for a possible RG return then is instructed to make a statement that he is stepping down.. why? Because Malachy O'Rourke will now be appointed with a new backroom team.

How on earth the Derry CBoard ever thought they could get away with bringing RG back is beyond me. The man will now never coach another team again.

the goal was on

Quote from: ck on September 13, 2023, 11:41:04 AM
Between the jigs and the reels of the past few days it fairly clear what has happened here..

RG has been coaching Corduff (funded by Banty) which led to the media running a story about it. The GAA then act (react!) and bar him from GAA. Derry (who had one key member of CBoard itching for RG to return) then realise the game is up. Meenagh who had been waiting for a possible RG return then is instructed to make a statement that he is stepping down.. why? Because Malachy O'Rourke will now be appointed with a new backroom team.

How on earth the Derry CBoard ever thought they could get away with bringing RG back is beyond me. The man will now never coach another team again.

Naill on head there and from chatting to a few it seems gallagher was still an active presence up until this week and expected to be kept on.

Champion The Wonder Horse

No!

STREET FIGHTER

All a bit up in the air!

Firstly....Derry CB considering the return of RG.....absolute lunacy......surely not....read the room ffs...

Secondly....would CM be happy enough to return as a number 2 after his success as number 1.....I'm not so sure...maybe he would....

Thirdly.....M'OR happy enough to give up his position at Glen to take the Derry job??  Both unbelievable opportunities...how do you choose (? ££££)....I don't think a hybrid works if that's the thinking!

Hard to know what to make of it all..

Blowitupref

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 13, 2023, 06:03:42 PM
All a bit up in the air!

Firstly....Derry CB considering the return of RG.....absolute lunacy......surely not....read the room ffs...

Secondly....would CM be happy enough to return as a number 2 after his success as number 1.....I'm not so sure...maybe he would....

Thirdly.....M'OR happy enough to give up his position at Glen to take the Derry job??  Both unbelievable opportunities...how do you choose (? ££££)....I don't think a hybrid works if that's the thinking!

Derry GAA confirmed that Rory Gallagher will not be returning as manager.

One recent manager I recall double jobbing was Anthony Cunningham when led Garycastle to AI final and was also Galway Hurling manager at the time, he then focused fully with Galway.  Something O'Rourke could do once Glen's season is over. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 13, 2023, 06:54:28 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on September 13, 2023, 06:03:42 PM
All a bit up in the air!

Derry GAA confirmed that Rory Gallagher will not be returning as manager.

One recent manager I recall double jobbing was Anthony Cunningham when led Garycastle to AI final and was also Galway Hurling manager at the time, he then focused fully with Galway.  Something O'Rourke could do once Glen's season is over.

The length of time that it took to completely rule RG out raises questions...

The uncertainty around CM....

The fact that there has been no official announcement on the the new appointment so late in the day....strange...

Double jobbing.....not sure either Glen or Derry would be happy with that...but sure what would I know!