RG at arms length

Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: seanyb on August 25, 2023, 03:37:37 PM
Quote from: Will it ever end on August 25, 2023, 03:24:54 PM
I genuinely can't believe the Derry County Board are even considering this -  surely they had  moved passed him & if Ciaran Meenagh wasn't in a capacity to continue then after the year Derry have had they've moved into a totally different bracket to attract top men.

just on that, really who is the candidates apart from O'Rourke? There isn't too many I can think of
But if Derry are spending €1m per year....
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bennydorano

Quote from: seafoid on August 25, 2023, 01:57:19 PM
Court exoneration is not necessarily any protection.
Would be madness Derry taking him back. Presumably he's been through a criminal legal process, there's nothing stopping his ex taking a civil action and bringing the whole thing back into focus

yellowcard

The longer the void created surrounding Meenaghs future, the greater the speculation will increase around Gallagher. Derry are out of the championship 6 weeks at this stage so it is strange that a sitting manager hasn't indicated his future plans yet. I'd say Gallagher might have inclinations to come back but I don't see it happening either. Whether or not he is found guilty in a court of law it is the court of public opinion that will prevail.

seafoid

Presumably the Meenagh situation is contingent on what happens with Gallagher. The public will ultimately decide as in the Greenwood and Jackson precedents.

seafoid

It's like chess. He is stronger than her. But court is not checkmate.

tbrick18

All we have is speculation at this point so I wouldn't be co vi ced there's even any notion of him coming back.
What I would say is the DCB should be given time to sort the management position without being hassled by us, the fans, for an answer.
They've done a good job over the last 4 or 5 years and I think deserve to be allowed the space to resolve the management question at their own speed.
In management terms I'd be happy with meenagh, Gallagher or MOR. But let's wait to see what happens.

Wildweasel74

It be O'Rourke i think with Meenagh etc staying on, what way that works, as Porter normally comes with him. How it work with county football started up long before the club football ends am not sure, as I expect Glen to come out of Ulster again.

Estimator

Ulster League Champions 2009

From the Bunker

Are they still selling that Rag?

JoG2

Smokin Joe

Where are they alleging he's coaching?

Mourne Red

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on September 10, 2023, 11:25:37 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 10, 2023, 11:09:39 AM
Where are they alleging he's coaching?
Corduff.
This will do serious damage to their good reputation. Oh wait....

Aren't Corduff the crowd that have been mentioned by a few other teams in the Ulster league as an unpleasant shower

WT4E

Quote from: JoG2 on September 10, 2023, 10:10:46 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 10, 2023, 09:56:01 AM

;D.. The rag's rag

Finger on the pulse. Meenagh gone.... only a matter of time til RG back

clarshack

Quote from: WT4E on September 10, 2023, 10:16:53 PM

;D.. The rag's rag

Dont underestimate the NGO's. They will make his life hell if he tries to come back to Derry.

APM

Quote from: WT4E on September 10, 2023, 10:16:53 PM

;D.. The rag's rag

Do you think Derry CB should have him back?