Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

They might provide some form of objective analysis too unlike Joe who will just fawn over his current favourites(or chastise individuals to highlight his current bugbear) and forget the rest!

Jinxy

Some day soon, Joe will just slide off the chair altogether and do his analysis lying on the studio floor.
The only time you will see him is when he grabs Tomas O'Sé's leg to interrupt.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Minder

What did Eamonn Delaney say about Brolly ?

Apology to Mr Joe Brolly

On 21st May 2014 I published comments about the barrister and commentator Joe Brolly on Twitter. I accept that those remarks were highly defamatory and entirely untrue. I apologise most sincerely to Mr Brolly.  I appreciate the distress and potential embarrassment such remarks could cause and therefore I have removed the offensive material and undertaken not to repeat it.

Eamon Delaney

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mick999

This was it :

@EamonDelaney10: Rock on @JoeBrolly1993, the IRA/INLA cheerleader  ! independent.ie/opinion/analys...

Joe responded :

@JoeBrolly1993: @EamonDelaney10 you will be hearing from my lawyers. Your tweet is untrue and defamatory. Please forward an address for ...

lynchbhoy

Joe should sue the fcuker
That's what he and his ilk deserve

You might not agree with what joe says, but this isn't the dail where someone when beaten and can't muster any argument retorts back with the old 'IRA' slander ....

orangeman

Joe was having a field day at Tyrone's and Sean Cavanagh's expense. Tyrone's continual refusal to speak to RTE is detrimental to the teaming would seem.

Fuzzman

Interesting article from Brolly in the GL about how he thinks Donegal could beat the Dubs this year should they meet. He talks about how they line up with a defensive wall of 5 players in front of their 6 defenders. He talks about Dublin thrive on scoring goals (Which I have to agree with. I am amazed how often Dub players go for goals when it's not really on) and how they will get frustrated v Donegal.

This current Dublin team aren't that used to having to the war of attrition style of football  and whilst Mayo put it up to them a bit last year it still wasn't on a par to what we know McGuinness & Co will have in store for them.

To be totally honest I'd love if the two of them had a once off challenge match now as a taster and then the real McCoy was to happen in Sept.  ;)

The Dubs will be just sparring until Donegal come to town imho. Monaghan could give them a game but not to the same extent. Cork & Kerry showed last year how they will lose in a shoot out and Kerry have only 1 very good forward this year.  :o

Can anyone post the article up. I bought the paper

highorlow

QuoteTo be totally honest I'd love if the two of them had a once off challenge match now as a taster and then the real McCoy was to happen in Sept

FM, i stand corrected but this is not possible this Sept anyhow?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Fuzzman

Even if Meath beat the Dubs or Monaghan/Armagh beat Funegal?

Fuzzman

What a pity as I'd love to see that as the AI final.
Is Kerry v Dubs a possibility?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 04, 2014, 03:34:19 PM

Yes it is. Imagine all the 70s greats been wheeled out on RTE doing interviews if it happened! And it could too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 04, 2014, 03:34:19 PM

Well at least the odds are Mayo won't ruin the final for the neutrals this year and should be gone before the semi's ;). Although I would say the Dubs or Donegal or any other county left standing on that side wouldn't mind a handy relaxing All Ireland final plus at this stage it must be like shooting fish in a barrel for hack like Brolly when it is time to fire out a piece for the cheque after Mayo do their eternal September collapse! ;D ;D

orangeman

Capitalism. And the Gaa has become a commercial juggernaut. Ok the Gaa gas bills to pay and sends money to clubs all over the country each year.

On Radio Kerry yesterday, former Derry player and TV pundit Joe Brolly ramped up his argument against the fixing of Limerick as the venue by suggesting the establishment of a task force to examine the GAA's ideals under the presidency of Aogán ó Fearghail.

"We need to look at what amateur means, what our ideals are," said Brolly. "What do we believe in - do we believe in any of our core values any more? Decisions are being made behind closed doors and even officials from county boards don't know about them. They are done, we are told, for commercial reasons. But there is a general feeling among many that the commercial juggernaut has left the station.

"What you are seeing is that the GAA is slowly but surely drifting towards capitalism. I have made this point repeatedly and, talking to some high-ranking officials, they feel the same way."

Brolly believes the GAA should forget about hosting American football matches at this time of the year.
- See more at: http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/burns-wants-major-replays-to-be-taken-out-of-croke-park-30539898.html#sthash.KUqqC4nR.dpuf

muppet

WTF is Burns on about?

This appears to be his argument: I would like to see it become established policy. I think it's right that, outside of All-Ireland finals, all replays should be taken out of Croke Park to give other venues an opportunity," said Burns. "I don't like the idea of so many games being played at a half-full Croke Park. I think the atmosphere of a packed provincial ground should be tapped into more.

In conclusion we should abandon Croke Park 'to give other venues an opportunity'. Really? Is that the overriding priority? Other grounds need opportunities so we will move ad hoc fixtures to these grounds? What about the players? What about those who prepare the teams and what about the supporters? No mention of any of these by Burns.

We have Provincial games at provincial grounds.
We have qualifiers at provincial grounds.

We (usually) have the serious business in Croke Park.
We know that Croke Park can take the crowds.

Unexpected Saturday fixtures in Provincial Grounds will have unintended consequences.
MWWSI 2017

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2014, 10:20:13 AM
WTF is Burns on about?

This appears to be his argument: I would like to see it become established policy. I think it's right that, outside of All-Ireland finals, all replays should be taken out of Croke Park to give other venues an opportunity," said Burns. "I don't like the idea of so many games being played at a half-full Croke Park. I think the atmosphere of a packed provincial ground should be tapped into more.

In conclusion we should abandon Croke Park 'to give other venues an opportunity'. Really? Is that the overriding priority? Other grounds need opportunities so we will move ad hoc fixtures to these grounds? What about the players? What about those who prepare the teams and what about the supporters? No mention of any of these by Burns.

We have Provincial games at provincial grounds.
We have qualifiers at provincial grounds.

We (usually) have the serious business in Croke Park.
We know that Croke Park can take the crowds.

Unexpected Saturday fixtures in Provincial Grounds will have unintended consequences.

I kind of agree with him though, i would like to see some of the games at a packed provincial ground rather than a 1/4 full croke park.

I think the quarter finals especially should be in the provincial grounds.
The provincial winners should all get to play their qtr finals at their provincial grounds.
I would like to see the semis kept at croke park though.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either