Nolan Show

Started by Ulick, January 14, 2011, 10:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 18, 2023, 09:35:23 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 18, 2023, 12:06:12 AM
Quote from: weareros on August 17, 2023, 11:11:44 PM
While there's no comparison (apart from both being very well and over paid), I still think it highly shocking that Turbridy gets dropped by RTE over the pay scandal and Nolan kept his job at BBC despite sending unsolicited, explicit images to staff.
Afaic Nolan was doing a spoof about a potential (controversial?)  interviewee, nobody in their right mind could interpret that image of obese Nolan in braces as explicit (implied sexually explicit). For sure Nolan is an ugly biased shock jock who gives unlimited platform to DUP et al primevalists. However that picture he sent out might be a lot of things but the last thing it is, is him sending a sexually explicit image of himself to the staff or even having the remote intention to do so.
The DUP haven't been on his show for a long long time as they're boycotting it
Okay, now he can only give platform to the et al primevalists from the unionist side. How the feck would you know that? :)  I might tune in trice yearly. The last I remember was tuning in when Donaldsonwas being interviewed  pre-election, easily deflecting a soft question about participation should SF win and a post election interview where he was not sufficiently challenged by Nolan on that specific point.

APM

Quote from: Main Street on August 23, 2023, 12:00:39 AM
Quote from: APM on August 21, 2023, 07:41:52 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 20, 2023, 11:29:21 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 18, 2023, 01:07:18 AM
The obese Nolan pics aren't the ones he's in bother for
I presumed it was the image of Nolan in braces that was claimed to be the sexually explicit  item. Still it's just a pile of outrage about nothing much, when Nolan's real crimes lie elsewhere.
It's akin to getting outraged over Al Capone's tax fraud.

Go and read the story properly.
Seeing as the hyper sensitive BBC are taking absolutely no action, you tell me what's got you riled up?
Ulster says no to half naked man in braces?

Flip sake Main Street. You have got the wrong end of the stick. Just go and read the story again.  I don't think the photo you're describing is the issue.

weareros

Looks like they haven't a notion of taking any action based on his new documentary on Maghaberry prison getting too billing for BBC's Autumn launch, per today's Irish News.

Brendan

Quote from: weareros on August 23, 2023, 10:55:07 AM
Looks like they haven't a notion of taking any action based on his new documentary on Maghaberry prison getting too billing for BBC's Autumn launch, per today's Irish News.

What I noticed about that is they would usually have his name plastered over the advertisement whereas it was just his voice, any other work he does such as weight loss or his touring he's made to be the main attraction

Hound

Quote from: APM on August 23, 2023, 10:33:35 AM
I presumed it was the image of Nolan in braces that was claimed to be the sexually explicit  item. Still it's just a pile of outrage about nothing much, when Nolan's real crimes lie elsewhere.

Seeing as the hyper sensitive BBC are taking absolutely no action, you tell me what's got you riled up?

Flip sake Main Street. You have got the wrong end of the stick. Just go and read the story again.  I don't think the photo you're describing is the issue.
Don't understand why you would take the time to make 2 replies in this regard, but not take the time to briefly explain what you mean??

I have only briefly dipped into this, but based on the limited stuff I have read, I think the explicit photos shared by Nolan to work colleagues were not pics of Nolan himself, but were photos of reality 'star' Stephen Bear

Pub Bore

Quote from: Hound on August 23, 2023, 02:54:29 PM
Quote from: APM on August 23, 2023, 10:33:35 AM

Don't understand why you would take the time to make 2 replies in this regard, but not take the time to briefly explain what you mean??

I have only briefly dipped into this, but based on the limited stuff I have read, I think the explicit photos shared by Nolan to work colleagues were not pics of Nolan himself, but were photos of reality 'star' Stephen Bear

I think the phrase is "in a state of arousal".  Nolan has dodged a bullet big time here.

Tony Baloney

Series on Maghaberry is an eye-opener. Sad cases.

Wildweasel74

The lad who got out and took a overdose shouldn't been Allowed  out the door, headcase! No-one review what he said at a review hearing or they just let them out now At the end of sentence.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 06, 2023, 01:19:49 AM
The lad who got out and took a overdose shouldn't been Allowed  out the door, headcase! No-one review what he said at a review heading or they just let them out now At end of sentence.
You could also make a strong argument that prison isn't the place for people like him, either.

Wildweasel74

Nah, that lad is dangerous, and never should got out.

Taylor

Prison definitely wasnt the place for him.
He needed help - instead he was locked up with all of the anger and rage inside of him 24/7.

He had to 'buy' the medication from fellow prisoners FFS.

Sad story

Saffrongael

How do you help someone that is in and out of prison for short sentences, if he is getting help outside that would end when he goes inside.

Very little opportunity for rehabilitation of any kind. I have come across quite a few like him through work and this may seem hard hearted but when they are out of jail they aren't really interested in help or any intervention from health care, counselling etc.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

general_lee

I do sympathise with some of the prisoners, clearly not getting the proper help they need. When you hear the backstories of some of them, it's no wonder they end up where they are.

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 08, 2023, 10:47:01 AM
Very little opportunity for rehabilitation of any kind. I have come across quite a few like him through work and this may seem hard hearted but when they are out of jail they aren't really interested in help or any intervention from health care, counselling etc.
Similar to yourself, I come across a few like him through work, maybe not as bad as him but not a million miles off it. Functioning alcoholic/drug users, constantly in debt and probably the only reason they're not in prison is because they've got employment and a bit of family stability.
You can guarantee the first thing most of these people do when released is look for the first party they can find and go on a massive bender.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on September 08, 2023, 11:09:04 AM
I do sympathise with some of the prisoners, clearly not getting the proper help they need. When you hear the backstories of some of them, it's no wonder they end up where they are.

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 08, 2023, 10:47:01 AM
Similar to yourself, I come across a few like him through work, maybe not as bad as him but not a million miles off it. Functioning alcoholic/drug users, constantly in debt and probably the only reason they're not in prison is because they've got employment and a bit of family stability.
You can guarantee the first thing most of these people do when released is look for the first party they can find and go on a massive bender.

The bits in bold would represent a hell of a lot of people I'd say
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

WT4E

Actually enjoyed the show last night first time i tuned in in a while

The IDF dude wouldn't give you any sympathy for the Israelis

Wee jamie repeating we didnt have stop watch out was weird as was his constant smirking

Suzanne Breen facial expressions about Jamie stole the show