Nolan Show

Started by Ulick, January 14, 2011, 10:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Rodney Edwards tweeting to get the Irish News tomorrow...

Snapchap

Quote from: screenexile on August 18, 2023, 11:20:08 PM
Rodney Edwards tweeting to get the Irish News tomorrow...

Doubling down on their story: https://twitter.com/rr2d2droid/status/1692775847231434803?t=mc1SWUpltb7X8QNQRlpJag&s=19

Nolan claimed on air that the images were sent to a friend outside of work. Irish News today doubled down on its claim that he sent them to staff, and even published two replies sent by staff on receipt of the images.

Nolan also denied the 'planting staff in the audience claim' and threatened to sue anyone who makes the claim. Bbcni director Adam Smyth emailed the Irish News to demand they retract the claim and apologise. Instead, the Irish News editor has confirmed they have evidence to verify their allegation.

Nolan statement yesterday said he values his audience to much to lie to them. Seems it took less than 24 hours for that claim to fall apart on him if the Irish News are to be believed.

Caitlin

So SF,SDLP and even the DUP have called on the BBC to review their handling of the Nolan fiasco.
I would have thought that Doug Beattie and the UUP would have responded given that Nolan crucified Beattie with his usual sanctimonious hypocrisy; how could you have put those jokes on social media Doug?

However the most disappointing thing has been the silence from Alliance.
Sitting on the fence waiting to see what way the wind is blowing.
Things are either right or wrong Naomi. You have failed the leadership test.

RedHand88

Quote from: Caitlin on August 19, 2023, 08:14:52 AM
So SF,SDLP and even the DUP have called on the BBC to review their handling of the Nolan fiasco.
I would have thought that Doug Beattie and the UUP would have responded given that Nolan crucified Beattie with his usual sanctimonious hypocrisy; how could you have put those jokes on social media Doug?

However the most disappointing thing has been the silence from Alliance.
Sitting on the fence waiting to see what way the wind is blowing.

Things are either right or wrong Naomi. You have failed the leadership test.

Wellllll there's nothing new there is there.

Estimator

Alliance are too busy trying to sort out their own social media faux pas this week. They'll be minimising access to the main party account from now on!!
Ulster League Champions 2009

Orior

Quote from: Estimator on August 19, 2023, 10:58:17 AM
Alliance are too busy trying to sort out their own social media faux pas this week. They'll be minimising access to the main party account from now on!!

What happened?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

RedHand88

Quote from: Orior on August 19, 2023, 11:19:06 AM
Quote from: Estimator on August 19, 2023, 10:58:17 AM

What happened?

https://twitter.com/Phil_Kelly_/status/1692444628211949701?s=20

Threatening to expose the secret of an ex SDLP Councillor. Looks nearly like a drunk tweet.

Main Street

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 18, 2023, 01:07:18 AM
The obese Nolan pics aren't the ones he's in bother for
I presumed it was the image of Nolan in braces that was claimed to be the sexually explicit  item. Still it's just a pile of outrage about nothing much, when Nolan's real crimes lie elsewhere.
It's akin to getting outraged over Al Capone's tax fraud.

screenexile

I think if he can be ousted get him out... he might be the biggest show in the country but he stokes division and gets people pissed off needlessly which is holding everyone back. The lack of Nationalist participation recently has made it very one sided which can be seen by the Unionist outrage over the current situation. Jamie and Jim need their platform!

If he goes it would be better for everyone!

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Main Street on August 20, 2023, 11:29:21 PM
I presumed it was the image of Nolan in braces that was claimed to be the sexually explicit  item. Still it's just a pile of outrage about nothing much, when Nolan's real crimes lie elsewhere.

Agreed. Look forward hugely to his demise but this so far is relatively tame. Hopefully the start of something

Sportacus

Presume every single guest, when under pressure, will now say "you're one to be talking".

APM

Go and read the story properly.

Pub Bore

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 18, 2023, 02:29:18 PM
Is anyone else beginning to think the Irish News have dropped a clanger with at least part of this?

I'd be very surprised.  They would know that Nolan is fond of getting lawyered up and most likely have the back up evidence.  Nolan is adopting the old Paisley Jnr strategy "I can't talk about this as the matter is in the hands of my lawyers" in the hope that that shuts down the story.

One of BBCNI's many problems is that its default position is Unionist.  That's where it starts and they view impartiality and balance from that position.

marty34

Quote from: Pub Bore on August 21, 2023, 09:35:18 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 18, 2023, 02:29:18 PM
Is anyone else beginning to think the Irish News have dropped a clanger with at least part of this?

I'd be very surprised.  They would know that Nolan is fond of getting lawyered up and most likely have the back up evidence.  Nolan is adopting the old Paisley Jnr strategy "I can't talk about this as the matter is in the hands of my lawyers" in the hope that that shuts down the story.

One of BBCNI's many problems is that its default position is Unionist.  That's where it starts and they view impartiality and balance from that position.

Always has and always will be that way.

The clue's in the name.

Be interesting to see if any other stories emerge or will the story drift away?

Regarding Nolan wanting Bear for an interview, did he actually get him for an interview?

Main Street

Quote from: APM on August 21, 2023, 07:41:52 AM

Go and read the story properly.
Seeing as the hyper sensitive BBC are taking absolutely no action, you tell me what's got you riled up?
Ulster says no to half naked man in braces?