Nolan Show

Started by Ulick, January 14, 2011, 10:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Nolan has spoken:

https://twitter.com/StephenNolan/status/1692176761789039002?t=i-kLpQ3cEz-mQ9rpIytSfA&s=19
Any suggestion that I had any knowledge whatsoever of , or participation in , the planting of BBC staff into a Nolan audience is categorically untrue .
I have instructed Paul Tweed my lawyer to take appropriate legal action as soon as possible. @Paul_Tweed

Talk about careful wording. No denial that there were plants in the audience. Threatening legal action on anyone who suggests there were BBC staff planted but no reference to staff from his own production company. And most telling, no denial that he sent unsolicited photos of male genitalia to his staff.

Kidder81

From Sam McBride

The Irish News seems to have quietly dropped one of its most serious allegations against Stephen Nolan - that the public were misled by junior staff being put in the audience "to raise their hands & make a controversial point". That claim has now vanished from the website story.

weareros

While there's no comparison (apart from both being very well and over paid), I still think it highly shocking that Turbridy gets dropped by RTE over the pay scandal and Nolan kept his job at BBC despite sending unsolicited, explicit images to staff.

Olly

I'm no fan of Nolan but I am of the Nolans. I'm in the mood for dancing must be one of the best alternative songs in the last 50 years.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Main Street

Quote from: weareros on August 17, 2023, 11:11:44 PM
While there's no comparison (apart from both being very well and over paid), I still think it highly shocking that Turbridy gets dropped by RTE over the pay scandal and Nolan kept his job at BBC despite sending unsolicited, explicit images to staff.
Afaic Nolan was doing a spoof about a potential (controversial?)  interviewee, nobody in their right mind could interpret that image of obese Nolan in braces as explicit (implied sexually explicit). For sure Nolan is an ugly biased shock jock who gives unlimited platform to DUP et al primevalists. However that picture he sent out might be a lot of things but the last thing it is, is him sending a sexually explicit image of himself to the staff or even having the remote intention to do so.

quit yo jibbajabba

The obese Nolan pics aren't the ones he's in bother for

RedHand88

Quote from: Main Street on August 18, 2023, 12:06:12 AM
Afaic Nolan was doing a spoof about a potential (controversial?)  interviewee, nobody in their right mind could interpret that image of obese Nolan in braces as explicit (implied sexually explicit). For sure Nolan is an ugly biased shock jock who gives unlimited platform to DUP et al primevalists. However that picture he sent out might be a lot of things but the last thing it is, is him sending a sexually explicit image of himself to the staff or even having the remote intention to do so.

I would advise you to go back and read the actual story.

Dougal Maguire

The DUP haven't been on his show for a long long time as they're boycotting it
Careful now

Caitlin

Main Street, have you been on holidays where there's no wifi or are you too tight to buy the Irish News?

Eire90

the nolan show and talkback its all a charade to promote politics and false saviours political propaganda it is.

Kidder81

Same shite "commentators" on all these shows, your man David McCann is everywhere but the crib

Eire90

talkback talks about trans debates all the time too

grounded

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 17, 2023, 09:18:44 AM
Be surprised if he goes.

Agreed. I'd be amazed if he was axed. Threats of legal action from Nolan now.
       What other job would you get away with sending such emails to another employee(Not by accident but deliberately)? 

RedHand88

Is anyone else beginning to think the Irish News have dropped a clanger with at least part of this?

trailer

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 18, 2023, 11:25:37 AM
Same shite "commentators" on all these shows, your man David McCann is everywhere but the crib

Thon dose Allison Morris the same.