The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 02, 2021, 09:19:04 AM
He should have done a lot better for a couple of those goals.

I thought so too.

Thierry was right at half time in relation to Salah's first goal, showed too much of his right side of the goal to a left footed striker who prefers that type to angle, one step too many to his left (Pickfords that is). Salah's second he maybe should of gotten a better touch to it, wasn't much power in the shot and as for Jota's, needed to be braver and take it on the body and maybe come out more to narrow an already narrow angle.

there was no stopping Hendersons though.

Wee Seamus had a bit of a mare for Salah's second all the same..

Ghost

Both of Salah's goals were preventable on Everton's side but it shows the form he is in at the moment. Any sort of half mistake and he's going to capatilise. Remarkable player.

Hound

Felt a bit sorry for Seamie as he was playing well, giving it everything, getting stuck in but no dirt. Like Jorginho at the weekend, it was a time to clear rather than to try and control the ball. Of course only for Salah was driving at 100%, gambling on something like that happening, he could have got away it.

Salah did miss a sitter early on, but didn't let it effect him.

We're playing the best football and the best at scoring goals, but City and Chelsea are keeping going too and probably better at eeking out the single goal wins in tight games.

Bookies have City odds on, followed by Chelsea, then Liverpool. I'd also agree with City as favs, but marginal and with LFC second. Although not sure how internationals will work out with us losing the Salah, Mane and others.

Taylor

Quote from: Hound on December 02, 2021, 10:20:05 AM
Felt a bit sorry for Seamie as he was playing well, giving it everything, getting stuck in but no dirt. Like Jorginho at the weekend, it was a time to clear rather than to try and control the ball. Of course only for Salah was driving at 100%, gambling on something like that happening, he could have got away it.

We're playing the best football and the best at scoring goals, but City and Chelsea are keeping going too and probably better at eeking out the single goal wins in tight games.

Bookies have City odds on, followed by Chelsea, then Liverpool. I'd also agree with City as favs, but marginal and with LFC second. Although not sure how internationals will work out with us losing the Salah, Mane and others.

Chelsea & Liverpool have a number of players missing due to Internationals for a period of time.

That is why we are favourites

NAG1

Everton are in serious bother, Liverpool played well but didnt even have to do too much for any of the goals.

No mention of Jota's antics in the first half? Liverpool fans quick to hand it out to other teams when other players behave like that.

laoislad

Mane and Salah will only miss two league games apparently. Palace and Brentford if I remember correctly. The bigger fear IMO would be if they come back injured.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Liverpool have the exact same record after 14 games as they did last season (game 14 was 7-0 away to Palace).

It was the 15th game which was the beginning of the three month horror show. That game, against West Brom right after Xmas, was when Matip got injured and basically missed the rest of the season (think he came back for one game in late January) along with Gomez and Van Dijk.

Thankfully they're in a much healthier position this time out.

blewuporstuffed

yeah, felt a bit for Coleman too.
Obviously his was the obvious mistake, but it was a shite corner, followed by a shite pass to him from Gray, then Colemans shite touch and Pickfords shite attempt to save the shot.
Shite all round from Everton which is going to get punished by a player of Salah quality
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: NAG1 on December 02, 2021, 11:25:38 AM
Everton are in serious bother, Liverpool played well but didnt even have to do too much for any of the goals.

No mention of Jota's antics in the first half? Liverpool fans quick to hand it out to other teams when other players behave like that.

What antics?  When he got caught by a stray boot from Allan?

Tony Baloney

Coleman got a hand to him but maybe didn't know in the heat of the match that he had a covering defender, so prob would only have copped a yellow for clattering Salah that far out, rather than letting him run in on goal. BCB1 wouldn't have made the same mistake.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteThiago has now partnered Fabinho in midfield 14 times

13 wins
1 draw
39 goals scored
6 goals conceded

Seems decent

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 02, 2021, 01:55:51 PM

Coleman got a hand to him but maybe didn't know in the heat of the match that he had a covering defender, so prob would only have copped a yellow for clattering Salah that far out, rather than letting him run in on goal. BCB1 wouldn't have made the same mistake.

Would have swung the leg and hoped I got him!  I certainly wouldn't have chased him down!

gawa316

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 02, 2021, 01:50:03 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on December 02, 2021, 11:25:38 AM

What antics?  When he got caught by a stray boot from Allan?

What were this antics? I was watching (or at least trying to) on my phone at the back of a staff training so definitely a chance I missed something

Louther

Watched MOTD and one thing I noted and shouldn't be surprised is that I think 3 of the goals that Pickford could have done a lot better for. Telling that when he made a save (normally having to dive and throw himself across goal as he out of position) he is referred to as the "England No1".

Salah first goal, great finish, but Pickford was covering more of his side netting than his goal. Everyone knows Salah likes for open up left foot to go far side on that angle.

Salah second goal. He reacted like it was in slow motion. Maybe he got caught flat footed by early shot.

Jota goal. He maybe himself small instead of big and beat near post. Again maybe early shit fooled him.

But no comments at all by any of the panel.

A good keeper keeps Everton in that game second half imho.

imtommygunn

Ally McCoist made comments on two of them but I think he could have done significantly better for 3 of 4. Liverpool would still have won but he's not that dependable a keeper at all and if England have aspirations of winning anything they'll need a much more reliable one.