Irish mercenaries, unionist coat trailers and the Bard of Dunclug

Started by Donagh, October 08, 2008, 11:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

After being told that the "homecoming" parade for Irish murderers mercenaries currently serving in the British Army was not aimed to offend anyone, the Parades Commission website now tells us that this obscene procession will end up at Lanyon Place, between the only two nationalist areas in the city – The Markets and Short Strand.

http://www.paradescommission.org/parades/?parade=25270
Date of Parade   2nd November 2008

Start Time of Outward Route   12.45
Proposed Outward Route   Front gate RBAI
College Square
Howard Street
Donegall Square
Cenotaph
Donegall Square North
City Hall
Chicester Street
Crown Courts Plaza
Oxford Street
Lanyon Place
City Council Reception
End Time of Outward Route   13.05

Number of Bands   1
Expected Number of Participants   240
Expected Number of Supporters   300
     (yeah right  :o)

Expected Number of RUC to 'police' the parade: 2000
Expected Number of lockdown hours for nationalist residents: 48

pintsofguinness

QuoteExpected Number of RUC to 'police' the parade: 2000

Expected number of days rioting - 7
We haven't had a good riot in a long time.

Why can't the march up and down the shankhill or something?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Donagh

On the bright side, there shouldn't be any problems finding a parking space for a few days.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Donagh on October 08, 2008, 12:16:36 PM
On the bright side, there shouldn't be any problems finding a parking space for a few days.
You'd need to hide the babies and Puppy dogs though, in case they go blood thirsty again and think it's Iraq.

Maguire01

Quote from: Donagh on October 08, 2008, 11:58:43 AM
After being told that the "homecoming" parade for Irish murderers mercenaries currently serving in the British Army was not aimed to offend anyone, the Parades Commission website now tells us that this obscene procession will end up at Lanyon Place, between the only two nationalist areas in the city – The Markets and Short Strand.

Eh? Lanyon place is outside the Waterfront, city centre and 'public/shared' space - Short Strand is close to a mile away! And the only 2 Nationalist areas in the city? Sure there's only a few thousand living in both!
Also, where's the 'lockdown' coming from? Most of the people who live in these Nationalist areas don't enter or exit them anywhere near Lanyon Place.

Just ignore the parade if you're not interested in it. Let anyone who wants join in and everyone else just ignore it. Peacefully portest if you must.

Orior

Did anyone here ever consider joining the army?

I've often wondered what it would be like to kill people and get away with it. (Eeek, men in white coats have just appeared at my desk). But imagine being faced with an Arfghan 15 yr old and seeing the white of his eyes and the fear in his face and saying to yourself its the end of the line you you boyo and pull the trigger. You can just switch off the fact that this boy has a father and a mother and brothers and sisters and they'll never see him again. You can revel in the fact that unionists will applaud you and pin medals on your lapel.

But at the end of the day, you've killed another human being. How can you live with yourself?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Maguire01

Quote from: Orior on October 08, 2008, 01:21:59 PM
Did anyone here ever consider joining the army?

I've often wondered what it would be like to kill people and get away with it. (Eeek, men in white coats have just appeared at my desk). But imagine being faced with an Arfghan 15 yr old and seeing the white of his eyes and the fear in his face and saying to yourself its the end of the line you you boyo and pull the trigger. You can just switch off the fact that this boy has a father and a mother and brothers and sisters and they'll never see him again. You can revel in the fact that unionists will applaud you and pin medals on your lapel.

But at the end of the day, you've killed another human being. How can you live with yourself?

Not that i'd ever consider joining the army or want to kill anyone, but if it was a case of 'shoot or be shot', it propbably makes the decision making a bit easier.

Donagh

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 08, 2008, 01:18:42 PM

Eh? Lanyon place is outside the Waterfront, city centre and 'public/shared' space - Short Strand is close to a mile away! And the only 2 Nationalist areas in the city? Sure there's only a few thousand living in both!
Also, where's the 'lockdown' coming from? Most of the people who live in these Nationalist areas don't enter or exit them anywhere near Lanyon Place.

Just ignore the parade if you're not interested in it. Let anyone who wants join in and everyone else just ignore it. Peacefully portest if you must.

Lanyon Place borders the only exit from the Short Strand (which is not into a loyalist no-go area) and opposite the Markets. You can be damn sure the RUC will have both of these areas surrounded well in advance to accommodate this obscenity. If they wanted a parade it could have been held in many much less contentious areas of the city or up in the cathedral where they wouldn't be annoying anyone.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 08, 2008, 01:29:14 PM
Not that i'd ever consider joining the army or want to kill anyone, but if it was a case of 'shoot or be shot', it propbably makes the decision making a bit easier.

Yes but by joining the army and going to Iraq or Afghanstan they are knowingly and deliberately putting themselves in that position.
Ask me holy bollix

Maguire01

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 08, 2008, 01:04:24 PM
Do they even have these parades in England?

They do indeed - that was what kick-started this idea.

Donagh

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 08, 2008, 01:41:37 PM

They why have it here? The RIR are based in England. Let them parade away til their hearts content instead of shipping them in here for a days trouble. Took us 30 years to get rid of the cnuts and have a bit of normality, now the unionists want to behave like Belfast is as British as Finchley again. Look where that got us last time...

Leo

There are I believe 4 separate Easter Parades along the main streets of Newry every Easter, attended by a handful in each instance, disrupting the entire town for half the day. Not all the town, or the people who live on the route and nationalist - and anyway plenty of nationalists are fed up with these parades.
Fierce tame altogether

Maguire01

Quote from: Donagh on October 08, 2008, 01:36:25 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 08, 2008, 01:18:42 PM

Lanyon Place borders the only exit from the Short Strand (which is not into a loyalist no-go area) and opposite the Markets. You can be damn sure the RUC will have both of these areas surrounded well in advance to accommodate this obscenity. If they wanted a parade it could have been held in many much less contentious areas of the city or up in the cathedral where they wouldn't be annoying anyone.

Eh? Short Strand is across the river from Lanyon Place - the people from Short Strand would surely use Bridge End and Queen's Bridge to access the city centre - this is well away from Lanyon Place. And can the people in The Markets not use the Ormeau Road? No one has reason to be 'locked down'.

red hander

Quote from: Donagh on October 08, 2008, 01:45:37 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 08, 2008, 01:41:37 PM

They why have it here? The RIR are based in England. Let them parade away til their hearts content instead is shipping them in here for a days trouble. Took us 30 years to get rid of the cnuts and have a bit of normality, now the unionists want to behave like Belfast is as British as Finchley again. Look where that got us last time...

I'd say there'll be a few hoax phonecalls that day from west Belfast... just an excuse for arseholes to wave mini butchers' aprons at columns of khaki-clad child and women killers

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Leo on October 08, 2008, 01:47:14 PM

There are I believe 4 separate Easter Parades along the main streets of Newry every Easter, attended by a handful in each instance, disrupting the entire town for half the day. Not all the town, or the people who live on the route and nationalist - and anyway plenty of nationalists are fed up with these parades.
4 seperate parades? No there's not. Stop telling lies to suit your own agenda.