Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: Itchy on August 14, 2022, 12:31:03 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 13, 2022, 09:59:29 AM
Teachers are inspected every day of the week by parents.

What a stupid comment that is. Do parents then decide the salary increase of the teacher, do parent give the teacher formal coaching conversations or disciplinary if required? Sure school principals cannot even address poor performance levels.

Milltown, you ask for a definition of a poor teacher. It's the same as a poor welder, a poor mechanic etc. Disinterested , no pride in their work, lack of attention to detail, poor communication skills, poor organisational skills. Bottom line = poor results. The difference is the poor welder has repercussions.

Nothing stupid about it. Do you have opinions on teachers who would have taught you or family? Would you have shared those views with others? Teachers are aware that their performances are discussed routinely by parents and are judged accordingly.

Barnster

There's a new one, you can only lose a job through gross misconduct, teaching must be one long cushy number until early retirement, then back in subbing to top up the big pension.

Barnster

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 14, 2022, 04:11:57 PM

What a stupid comment that is. Do parents then decide the salary increase of the teacher, do parent give the teacher formal coaching conversations or disciplinary if required? Sure school principals cannot even address poor performance levels.

Milltown, you ask for a definition of a poor teacher. It's the same as a poor welder, a poor mechanic etc. Disinterested , no pride in their work, lack of attention to detail, poor communication skills, poor organisational skills. Bottom line = poor results. The difference is the poor welder has repercussions.

Nothing stupid about it. Do you have opinions on teachers who would have taught you or family? Would you have shared those views with others? Teachers are aware that their performances are discussed routinely by parents and are judged accordingly.

And if they are deemed inadequate what are the consequences, genuine question.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 04:15:14 PM
There's a new one, you can only lose a job through gross misconduct, teaching must be one long cushy number until early retirement, then back in subbing to top up the big pension.

Ok so how do you lose your job? And who decides that? If I turn up every day work and go home is that ok?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jim Bob

Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 04:16:29 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on August 14, 2022, 04:11:57 PM

And if they are deemed inadequate what are the consequences, genuine question.

Don't know any teacher deemed inadequate. Any teachers I know or have worked with are working to the required standard. The problem we all have  are some disgruntled parents who can't accept that their children are finding it difficult to reach the expected standard for their age despite the best efforts of the teacher and any learning support that are in place. Emphasis on some parents. The vast majority of parents are appreciative of the efforts that are being made for their child. It's just a few and of course it's everybody's fault that their child is not reaching the level that they would like them to.

Barnster

And therein is the crux of the problem, when you are in you are in, no accountability whatsoever, any issues its the disgruntled parents issue or the incapable child.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 04:39:55 PM
And therein is the crux of the problem, when you are in you are in, no accountability whatsoever, any issues its the disgruntled parents issue or the incapable child.

So they have a system in place, I brought it up earlier, it may not be the answer you are looking for but
ETI inspect schools and sit in classes during a week, they report what they see and those findings are public knowledge.

So if I go to school and teach and go home afterwards am I doing my job? What is it they ain't doing? Or what are you talking about?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Barnster

That's the week they get notice for and the whole school goes buck daft to prepare, yeah that would fit the accountability criteria.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Barnster on August 14, 2022, 05:06:38 PM
That's the week they get notice for and the whole school goes buck daft to prepare, yeah that would fit the accountability criteria.

Would be a good idea if you got the facts right instead of making them up 😂😂😂

Milltown Row2

I'll ask one more time, what is it that the teachers aren't doing? And don't give me an example from wee Johnny said...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 05:01:05 PM

So they have a system in place, I brought it up earlier, it may not be the answer you are looking for but
ETI inspect schools and sit in classes during a week, they report what they see and those findings are public knowledge.

So if I go to school and teach and go home afterwards am I doing my job? What is it they ain't doing? Or what are you talking about?
It is years between ETI cycles.

The missus has a teacher in her school who doesn't pull her weight and it is reflected in exam results compared to other subjects. She'll keep working there for as long as she wants.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 14, 2022, 05:21:43 PM

The missus has a teacher in her school who doesn't pull her weight and it is reflected in exam results compared to other subjects. She'll keep working there for as long as she wants.

Who is deciding that she doesn't pull her weight ?

Barnster

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 14, 2022, 05:17:01 PM

Would be a good idea if you got the facts right instead of making them up 😂😂😂

Oh dear head in sand time.

Barnster

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 14, 2022, 05:25:30 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 14, 2022, 05:21:43 PM

Who is deciding that she doesn't pull her weight ?

Yeah who, God forbid anyone is critical of a teacher.

Barnster

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2022, 05:19:07 PM

I'll ask one more time, what is it that the teachers aren't doing? And don't give me an example from wee Johnny said...

I'll ask again where is their accountability and don't give me once a few years with notice some box ticking inspection.