Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

inisceithleann

Quote from: keeping an eye on things on June 24, 2009, 06:36:30 PM
ExiledGael what do mean by the Co.Board must have cleared Quigley for action down south????  Is he barred from entering the free state or something??!!

That rumour has been doing the rounds, not sure of the validity of it and as we should always state on a public forum it is mere speculation.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

ExiledGael

Quote from: inisceithleann on June 24, 2009, 06:39:39 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on June 24, 2009, 06:24:11 PM
Interesting.
Never heard Johnston was leaving but presumably that's just a case of him being fed up waiting on a chance. We're quite well covered in that area but Quigley is the really interesting one. Hope to God they can get him settled and committed. The most talented forward in the county by some distance. It's a long shot, but him Blobby and Eamon would be a top class forward line. This must mean the county board have cleared Quigley for action down south, hope he repays them in kind. Cosgrove will be a good option too, probably the best midfielder in county Championship last year on St Pat's run to title. Hopefully he can bulk up a bit for the senior county level.

Three good additions to the squad, but Quigley is definitely the one we've be crying out for. Fierce amount of pressure for a young fella though, who amazingly has been on the club scene for years given his age. I can see him starting against Wicklow, probably at CHF of FF. The other two lads will be on the bench.

I think he could start too, he's been posting unreal tallies in the league in the last few weeks.

Jimmyjimson

Quigley didn't play against Ederney at the weekend. Is he carrying an injury ?

FermGael

Quote from: Jimmyjimson on June 25, 2009, 01:38:29 PM
Quigley didn't play against Ederney at the weekend. Is he carrying an injury ?

NO
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Caid

When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

ExiledGael

Were the county boys prevented from playing today?
Gaelic Life referred to a Fermanagh friendly against Donegal last week. Apparently we were stuffed but with a very experimental team. Interestingly Niall McGovern, Paul Cosgrove and Seamie Quigley all got on the scoresheet.
Looking forward to the road trip next Saturday.

KIDDO 4

Enniskillen 0.9 Devenish 6.16 in the league this afternoon in BrewsterPark

FermPundit

SFL Division 1

Derrygonnelly 1-14 2-6 Belcoo
Enniskillen 0-9 6-16 Devenish
Newtown 0-11 1-10 Roslea
St. Joseph's 0-10 0-6 St. Patrick's
Teemore 1-10 0-8 Tempo

SFL Division 2

Erne Gaels 1-9 0-11 Kinawley
Brookeboro 0-13 3-10 Coa
Irvinestown 1-8 1-10 Derrylin

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

inisceithleann

Quote from: FermPundit on June 28, 2009, 08:45:12 PM
SFL Division 1

Derrygonnelly 1-14 2-6 Belcoo
Enniskillen 0-9 6-16 Devenish
Newtown 0-11 1-10 Roslea
St. Joseph's 0-10 0-6 St. Patrick's
Teemore 1-10 0-8 Tempo

SFL Division 2

Erne Gaels 1-9 0-11 Kinawley
Brookeboro 0-13 3-10 Coa
Irvinestown 1-8 1-10 Derrylin

What in God's name happended the Gaels this afternoon, that must be up there with one of the biggest defeats ever for the senior team?

ExiledGael

Don't think Devenish have one player on county panel and they really benefit any week all teams are without county players.
Still a shocking tally for the Gaels to concede, they haven't too many on the county panel themselves.
St Pat's have really fallen from grace after the Championship last year.

FermPundit

The Gaels were missing half the team today so I wouldn't read too much into the defeat, but to lose by such a margin is really disappointing. Devenish are a great side with a good blend of young players with old campaigners like Shaun Burns adding much needed experience to a young side. John O'Flanagan looked very sharp today as well. They're dark horses for the championship for sure. Donagh are really struggling this year and they look certain to be relegated unless they really pick themselves up. With Ederney now starting to find their feet in division one, it looks like one of the bigger clubs could drop into serious relegation trouble.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Jimmyjimson

Ferm Pundit,

Do you reckon any of the Devenish boys will be ready for the county panel next season ?

supersub

Quote from: Jimmyjimson on June 29, 2009, 01:34:30 PM
Ferm Pundit,

Do you reckon any of the Devenish boys will be ready for the county panel next season ?

How are the two O'Brien lads coming along? Any other good young players coming through for possible u21s or seniors with fermanagh?

inisceithleann

Quote from: supersub on June 29, 2009, 01:37:38 PM
Quote from: Jimmyjimson on June 29, 2009, 01:34:30 PM
Ferm Pundit,

How are the two O'Brien lads coming along? Any other good young players coming through for possible u21s or seniors with fermanagh?

The two O'Briens, from what I hear are great prospects, as is Barry Mulrone. I've seen him play a few times and have always been impressed. At u-21 level Fermanagh have been fairly poor the last number of seasons, which doesn't bode well for the future senior teams.

ExiledGael

If I knew how to post pictures, I think a tumbleweed would be appropriate.
Is it still too early for post-mortems?