Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

FermPundit

Quote from: AidyMac on August 22, 2008, 11:33:15 PM
Belcoo beat Devinish by a point, 10 v 9.  Think this leaves them at the top on their own now

Yep, that's Belcoo clear at the top. Was McCabe playing tonight? With the exception of Brookeboro, who look doomed at the bottom, all other teams are capable of beating each other. You just couldn't predict results every week. After a slow start to the league Donagh have improved greatly in the last few weeks. Apparently Eamon Maguire was particularly impressive tonight. Their championship meeting with Enniskillen next weekend should be a cracker!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

FermGael

Derrygonnelly beat Skea by a point.
Leaves the table as follows:

Team                Points

Belcoo                14 
Devenish             12    
Tempo                11
Enniskillen           11
Teemore             11    
Lisnaskea           10
Derrygonnelly     10
Lisnaskea            10
Donagh                9
Newtownbulter   8    
Brookeborough     2 
Very tight at the top and the bottom.
Brookeborough are gone but i think there really is no team that can say they are safe yet.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermPundit

Quote from: FermGael on August 22, 2008, 11:50:58 PM
Derrygonnelly beat Skea by a point.
Leaves the table as follows:

Team                Points

Belcoo                14 
Devenish             12    
Tempo                11
Enniskillen           11
Teemore             11    
Lisnaskea           10
Derrygonnelly     10
Lisnaskea            10
Donagh                9
Newtownbulter   8    
Brookeborough     2 
Very tight at the top and the bottom.
Brookeborough are gone but i think there really is no team that can say they are safe yet.

I reckon one of the big clubs might go down this year. All may depend on how each club fare in the championship. Some players may lose interest if their club is knocked out next weekend. I don't think I can remember a division one table being as tight as this one.

AidyMac

McCabe didn't play tonight but is ready to play on Sunday

Are all the championship games next weekend?

FermGael

Quote from: AidyMac on August 23, 2008, 12:50:10 AM

AidyMac i think that you will find that McCabe will only play if the game is on a Sunday.
He will have a soccer game on Saturday and that will have to come first if he is on the sort of money i hear he is on.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

FermPundit

Quote from: AidyMac on August 23, 2008, 12:50:10 AM

Yep, all championship games are next weekend but I don't know if days and venues have been set yet.

On the Fermanagh GAA website the Lisnaskea v Belcoo is set for Lisnaskea next Sunday with a 2pm throw in. I'm not sure this is right. I can't see why Skea should have home advantage in a championship game.

http://www.sportsmanager.ie/t3.php?userid=11&pagestyle=combined&report=1&reporttype=mixresults&compid=6562&countyid=11&club_id=&sportid=1

FermPundit

Sunday 24 August

SFL Division One

Devenish  2-9 2-8 Lisnaskea 
St. Patricks  1-10 1-10 Belcoo 
Derrygonnelly  2-10 0-10 Teemore 
Tempo  1-7 1-12 Enniskillen 
Newtownbutler  0-20 2-4 Brookeboro

Team             Points
Belcoo              15
Devenish           14
Enniskillen         13
Tempo             11
Teemore          11
Derrygonnelly    10
Newtownbutler  8
St. Patricks        8
Lisnaskea           8
Brookeboro        2

SFL Division Two

Erne Gaels  1-8 1-9 Roslea   
Irvinestown  - - St. Josephs 
Derrylin  1-12 1-8 Aughadrumsee

Championship Fixtures.

Friday 29 August

SFC, at Brewster Park 7pm

Belcoo v Lisnaskea

At Brookeboro 7pm

Roslea v Tempo 

Saturday 30 August

IFC, at Lisnaskea 5.30pm

Brookeboro v Aughadrumsee

SFC, 7pm

Enniskillen V St. Patrick's

Sunday 31 August

IFC, at Brewster Park, 5.30pm

Erne Gaels v Derrylin

SFC, 7pm

Irvinestown v Derrygonnelly

Tempoman

Congrats to seamie and duffy and all those involved with the Lisbellaw hurling team! Another great win lads

ExiledGael

Not much chat on the Championship this weekend on here. Here's a few predictions anyway for the sake of it.
SFC Q-final: Belcoo v Lisnaskea (tonight) - have to fancy Belcoo to progress against a weird Skea team by a handful of points.
SFC Q-final: Tempo v Roslea (tonight) - Roslea have made a great start to Division Two but Tempo have coped admirably in the top tier so you'd say they should come through this by 5/6.
IFC S-final: Aghadrumsee v Brookeborough (tomorrow) - again you'd have to fancy the top tier team. Few decent county players and Aghadrumsee haven't done much in the league to suggest they could cause a shock here. Hebers by plenty.
SFC Q-final: Enniskillen v St Pat's (tomorrow) - St Pat's have improved of late and had a great result allbeit over a poor Teemore on the day. Cadden is on fire and Tom Brew is suspended but the Gaels have too much class. Has the makings of a shock but think gaels will squeeze through.
IFC S-final: Erne Gaels v Derrylin (Sunday) - Haven't seen much of either but Derrylin don't seem to have any strength in depth so Gaels by a handful.
SFC Q-final: Irvinestown v Derrygonnely (Sunday) - Shams still languishing below where they should be and Derrygonnelly haven't been great this last few weeks but they have to be favourites. Derrygonnelly by 6/7.

FermPundit

SFC Quarter final results

Tempo 0-13 Roslea 1-06
Lisnaskea 1-14 Belcoo 1-12

Impressive performances from Daniel Kille,Mark and Aidy Little while in the Tempo game, Ryan Keenan was dismissed for two yellows.

KIDDO 4

Further championship misery for DomnicCorrigan  tonight , as his Enniskillen Gaels side were defeated 0.14 to 0.10 in the Fermanagh quarter final by St Pats Donagh , at Lisnaskea.

FermPundit

Poor performance from Enniskillen tonight. They were 0-12 to 0-03 down at one stage so they battled well to get it back to 0-12 to 0-10, but they didn't really look like winning it. It was a good performance from Donagh were no one individual really stood out. It was such a good all round team performance. Hunger is an important contributing factor in championship football and Donagh wanted it more tonight. With Pat Cadden, Eamon Maguire and Shane McDermott in their line up you would fancy St Pat's to go on and win the championship now. Good Luck to them

Intermediate championship tonight in Lisnaskea

Brookeboro 2-06 Aughdrumsee 0-06

FermPundit

SFC Quarter Final result

Derrygonnelly 2-11 Irvinestown 0-07

In the intermediate championship Erne Gaels beat Derrylin and will now face Brookeboro in the final

ExiledGael

Good man FermPundit was wondering about the last quarter-final. So that leaves St Pat's, Tempo, Derrygonnelly and Lisnaskea in semis. Is there a draw now or how does it work.
Had a feeling St Pat's could do well but was afraid to curse them, great result yesterday.
Wide open Championship now, I guess everyone will be fancying their chances. Would be good to see Donagh getting their first ever.

FermPundit

The draw was suppose to take place tonight but it has been postponed until tomrrow.

St. Pat's were quite impressive last night. Pat Cadden was really good whilst Eamon Maguire roamed around the middle of the field. Gary Maguire also got through a lot of work at full forward. Without doubt Donagh are the form team left in the championship but I'd be worried if they draw Skea in the semi finals. I haven't seen Tempo in the championship this year but I hear they weren't great on Friday night. Derrygonnelly haven't really been tested this year so it's hard to say how good they are. Going on league form they can blow hot and cold from game to game. The one team I fancy for the championship is Lisnaskea. Cecil was brilliant the other night and with Mark and Aidy Little up front they will be very dangerous. It's the most open championship for years. Any one of the four teams left could win it.