Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

County finals weekend. I think Cill Chomáin and Ballyhaunis will win today's games.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Massive win for Kilmeena today. Delighted for them. :D

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 06, 2022, 04:49:14 PM
Massive win for Kilmeena today. Delighted for them. :D

To play that well in extra time after throwing it away took some going, a fantastic performance.

Farrandeelin

No real shocks in the Senior championship over the weekend. Maybe Ballaghaderreen drawing with Ballina, and Belmullet winning without Ryan O'Donoghue but that's about it. Charlestown came up close against Castlebar also. I expect three dingers this weekend, Westport Ballintubber, Knockmore Ballina and Charlestown Garrymore.

Farrandeelin

The 'threepeat' is still on.  :)

Quarter final lineup.
Westport v Garrymore
Ballina v Claremorris
Breaffy v Ballintubber
Castlebar v Knockmore.

Castlebar v Knockmore is a repeat of the league final played earlier in the year which the Mitchels won by a point after extra time. Another great game awaits next weekend. Breaffy and Ballintubber should be a right battle too, neighbourly rivalry aside. Very hard to call it. Unsure if Cillian is at full strength. (Could be wrong and Tubberman might correct me). I reckon Westport should have just about enough to beat Garrymore. They didnt have it all their own way today against Mayo Gaels, only won by three points. Garrymore got out of their group with one win and two draws. Ballina are motoring along nicely. After their initial hiccup (last minute goal to salvage a draw for Ballaghaderreen in the first group game) they have come on leaps and bounds since then and will be firm favourites to beat Claremorris, who the Ballina manager knows well having managed them previously.

Edit: I know nobody reads this thread anymore but for those who do...it's a bit of an insight as to what to expect next weekend.

StephenC

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 25, 2022, 10:40:42 PM
The 'threepeat' is still on.  :)

Quarter final lineup.
Westport v Garrymore
Ballina v Claremorris
Breaffy v Ballintubber
Castlebar v Knockmore.

Castlebar v Knockmore is a repeat of the league final played earlier in the year which the Mitchels won by a point after extra time. Another great game awaits next weekend. Breaffy and Ballintubber should be a right battle too, neighbourly rivalry aside. Very hard to call it. Unsure if Cillian is at full strength. (Could be wrong and Tubberman might correct me). I reckon Westport should have just about enough to beat Garrymore. They didnt have it all their own way today against Mayo Gaels, only won by three points. Garrymore got out of their group with one win and two draws. Ballina are motoring along nicely. After their initial hiccup (last minute goal to salvage a draw for Ballaghaderreen in the first group game) they have come on leaps and bounds since then and will be firm favourites to beat Claremorris, who the Ballina manager knows well having managed them previously.

Edit: I know nobody reads this thread anymore but for those who do...it's a bit of an insight as to what to expect next weekend.

At least one person reads it :)

A good weekend of football.

stephenite

Make that at least 2!!

Always check in to see how things are motoring back home so the updates are appreciated

whitey

Quote from: stephenite on September 26, 2022, 11:51:07 PM
Make that at least 2!!

Always check in to see how things are motoring back home so the updates are appreciated

Three

What's the word on the Westport/Mitchels incident?

GAABoardMod5

Never beat the deeler

I know there are a number of people around the world that scour the net for updates such as this, and I recognise at least 2 of the above responders as being ex-pats.

Most of us are removed from the day-to-day so can't contribute, but the updates are appreciated
Hasta la victoria siempre

Farrandeelin

Quote from: whitey on September 27, 2022, 12:19:38 AM
Make that at least 2!!

Three

WhatsApp doing the round that one of the Westport management was at fault.

whitey

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 27, 2022, 04:52:31 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 27, 2022, 12:19:38 AM
Make that at least 2!!

Three

WhatsApp doing the round that one of the Westport management was at fault.

That's what I heard

GAABoardMod5

For the ex-pats:

GAAGO showing 2 Mayo championship quarter-finals from McHale Park on Sunday 2 Oct:

At 14:30 Irish time Castlebar Mitchels v Knockmore

At 16:15 Irish time Breaffy v Ballintubber

From the Bunker

Parke (KC) lose again to Ballyhaunis. Parke still waiting for youth to grow up.  :-\