Hurling championship 2021

Started by seafoid, April 27, 2021, 09:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile an tuaigh

After the Ballyhale vs O'Loughlin Gaels game I was so impressed with the high standard of hurling, that I couldn't help but think I just watched the All Ireland club final.

It's Ballyhale for me this year. (I hope I'm wrong as my cousin manages Slaughtneil).

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on December 20, 2021, 01:03:47 PM
After the Ballyhale vs O'Loughlin Gaels game I was so impressed with the high standard of hurling, that I couldn't help but think I just watched the All Ireland club final.

It's Ballyhale for me this year. (I hope I'm wrong as my cousin manages Slaughtneil).

S'niel were a whisker away from beating Ballyhale in Newry 2 years ago, what's changed in both teams? This year S'neil don't have to worry about football, they have actually improved and for me, Ballyhale have struggled bar yesterday.

Both teams have got older with the same group of players, Think Munster winners will win this, their final should be a cracker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 20, 2021, 02:56:40 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on December 20, 2021, 01:03:47 PM

S'niel were a whisker away from beating Ballyhale in Newry 2 years ago, what's changed in both teams? This year S'neil don't have to worry about football, they have actually improved and for me, Ballyhale have struggled bar yesterday.

Both teams have got older with the same group of players, Think Munster winners will win this, their final should be a cracker

I sincerely hope your right, knowing wee Michael's personality he won't accept 2nd best. He aims for the number one spot every time and goes to great lengths to improve his team. I actually think he went down to watch Limerick train just to see what he could take from it.

Always think the team with the best forwards win. Slaughtneils Brendan Rodgers is a serious asset his fitness levels were similar to professional soccer players in the premier league.

Hopefully being gone from the football they can focus hard on the hurling.

They are a special club and I know if Ballyhale was playing them in football it would be a foregone conclusion.

If they do get beat there won't be anymore than daylight between them. Just hoping they get the bounce of the ball this time around.

No point in eating right,  training night and day just to accept runners up. They will have a great appetite for this one you can be sure of that.

Milltown Row2

Ballygunner are streets ahead! Initially (first 4 minutes) I thought Kilmallock were going to make a game of it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2022, 04:11:32 PM
Ballygunner are streets ahead! Initially (first 4 minutes) I thought Kilmallock were going to make a game of it.

So did I but alas the stickwork and speed of Ballygunner was too great and Kilmallock never got into the game in a serious way at all. Their goal at the end was just window dressing.

one point in particular for Ballygunnar was a thing of beauty. An intercepted line ball on their own 20 metre line made it's way through five or six passes without a Kilmallock player laying a glove on any of the Ballygunner players and was tapped over the bar with ease at the other end.

That's some serious skill levels and organisation for a club team on a winters day in the rain.

Up next for them is the Derry lads in two weeks time..

imtommygunn

Have Ballygunner been in an all ireland final? I can't recall one. That is a serious hammering and if you think of the lesson Kilmallock gave the Cork champions too.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 10, 2022, 09:52:23 AM
Have Ballygunner been in an all ireland final? I can't recall one. That is a serious hammering and if you think of the lesson Kilmallock gave the Cork champions too.

I don't think they have and Ulster teams have a good record against Waterford teams in AI semi-finals..

2018 is the last time they got out of Munster and Ballyhale beat them in the semifinal.

imtommygunn

For the resources Ballygunner have at their disposal they really should have at least got to a final. Mount Sion were the same. Arguably you could say the same about most munster teams almost this decade bar Na Piarsiagh and then Netownshandrum who were a while ago.

Milltown Row2

The Munster club bar NP lately have been poor sine the O'Connor days of NS....

Ballygunner have been at this stage a few times but couldnt get over the line, they are the best team left, better than Ballyhale, who have bar one game struggled, S'niel will have the fitness levels and strength to match Ballygunner and while S'niels stickwork is very good, Gunner's stickwork is a class above.

That point Gunner scored yesterday that Johnny mentioned was outstanding, I even replayed it back, said to her (who has no interest in sport) what a score! I don't think she even lifted her head!

Thomas's could beat Ballyhale, though I haven't seen them this year. Gunner to beat S'niel, but wouldn't be surprised if S'niel get past Ballygunner

imtommygunn

Ballygunner's antics against the tipp champions weren't too good so wouldn't be overly sorry seeing them beat though Hutchinson and o'Mahoney are fantastic.

Ballyhale always do enough. I couldn't see them being beat.