Limerick Hurling - A Billionaire's playground.

Started by TheGreatest, February 20, 2019, 09:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 27, 2019, 08:52:16 AM
I wonder if a recent social media video of a player on a certain team doing something they shouldnt being doing on a night out doenst get as much traction in the media because they are not high profile enough, imagine a player from Dublin or Tyrone caught doing the same, national news, a but sure the hurlers, lovely fellas , role models etc.

;D

This aged well.

T**ser.

TheGreatest

Doesnt prove anything to me.

Anyway he seems like a nice guy so let it be.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 27, 2019, 02:15:12 PM
There are a few things of dubious source this guy has posted before if he's the same person I am thinking of...

Who TheGreatest? Who claims James Horan got 70k from Mayo from a 'source' without backing it up with one shred of evidence?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 28, 2019, 09:03:30 AM
There are a few things of dubious source this guy has posted before if he's the same person I am thinking of...

Who TheGreatest? Who claims James Horan got 70k from Mayo from a 'source' without backing it up with one shred of evidence?

Doesnt mean its not true.

Franko

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 28, 2019, 08:59:51 AM
Doesnt prove anything to me.

Anyway he seems like a nice guy so let it be.

Figures.  It gave the rest of us a good laugh though.  :D

imtommygunn

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 28, 2019, 01:18:26 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 28, 2019, 09:03:30 AM

Doesnt mean its not true.

;D

Are you in the flat earth society too?

TheGreatest

Bump.

They will win a lot more. How long will it take for the " discussion to happen"

Taylor

Quote from: TheGreatest on December 14, 2020, 02:56:22 PM
Bump.

They will win a lot more. How long will it take for the " discussion to happen"

The discussion will only happen if the GAA pump millions & millions into Limerick GAA.

I would say we are safe enough

imtommygunn

Do they get any more than Dublin do funding wise in the hurling? (They may do - I don't know but just putting it out there).

2 out of 3 isn't a sustained period of dominance. (Though to be fair I am worried that could happen)

Milltown Row2

Where people worried about Kilkenny's dominance?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TheGreatest

Personally i have no problem with sustained periods of dominance, i am biased of course.

It happens in all sports. Counties etc. Nothing lasts forever etc etc,.

My opinion this current Limerick team will go on to at least another 4 or so.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 14, 2020, 03:16:44 PM
Do they get any more than Dublin do funding wise in the hurling? (They may do - I don't know but just putting it out there).

2 out of 3 isn't a sustained period of dominance. (Though to be fair I am worried that could happen)

funding from Croke Park?

I'd say they get much less as there'd be nowhere near the same number of GDO's in Limerick as there would be in Dublin.

JP and their development squads and senior hurlers through Sporting Limerick probably isn't on the same plane as AIG, but probably the next best going in the GAA world.

imtommygunn

I wouldn't have thought so.

I don't think great teams coming along and dominating is something that is an issue. Kilkenny in their era just had a lot of great players. Sure there were periods when TJ Reid couldn't get on, allbeit he was young, but look at him now.

Ash Smoker

I might be wrong but I don't think Limerick will ever have the same drive or focus as the great Kilkenny team at it's peak under Cody.
In counties that aren't as used to success they are quicker to drop their standards after winning an All Ireland.