The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

Dublin have a new senior hurling manager I see aswell. And still not a word from our country  board and qfinals on Sunday.???

clonadmad

Laois play Galway White which is their third team in the semifinal of the Arrabawn u15 Plate Competition on Saturday

Throw in is for 12 in Toomevara

The plate is the third tier competition in the Arrabawn which is the A u15 competition

Laois don't have a team in any of the 3 levels of the John Doyle Cup/Shield or Plate which is the B u15 competition

clonadmad

Both Laois u14 teams in the Sonny Buckley this Saturday in Waterford which is the u14 B all ireland competition

Laois 1 play Wexford 2

Laois 2 play Tipperary 2

In the quarter finals

If both teams lose they will play each other in a shield semifinal

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on August 26, 2022, 09:56:06 AM
Both Laois u14 teams in the Sonny Buckley this Saturday in Waterford which is the u14 B all ireland competition

Laois 1 play Wexford 2

Laois 2 play Tipperary 2

In the quarter finals

Pure madness. Who organises this rubbish? There's no way any county should have two teams in the same competition.

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on August 26, 2022, 10:06:56 AM

Laois 1 play Wexford 2

Laois 2 play Tipperary 2

In the quarter finals

Pure madness. Who organises this rubbish? There's no way any county should have two teams in the same competition.

Are you actually blaming the organisers for where Laois find themselves ?

You do know how laois found themselves having 2 teams in the B competition?

Maybe if Laois were serious about their u14 players,(see my previous post as to the utter shambles it's been this year)the first team wouldn't be in the B competition,and they would be the same as every other county

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on August 26, 2022, 11:25:40 AM

Laois 1 play Wexford 2

Laois 2 play Tipperary 2

In the quarter finals

Maybe if Laois were serious about their u14 players,(see my previous post as to the utter shambles it's been this year)the first team wouldn't be in the B competition,and they would be the same as every other county

[ftp=ftp://Are you actually blaming the organisers for where Laois find themselves ?]Are you actually blaming the organisers for where Laois find themselves ?[/ftp]

No. The situation we are in is all down to ourselves. I am however blaming them for putting a structure on a competition that allows two teams for the same county to meet in a national semi final. What was wrong with the old system where the A teams played in the Tony Forristal and the B teams plus some weaker counties played in the Sonny Walsh. A much better and more straightforward system.

You do know how laois found themselves having 2 teams in the B competition?[/b]]

Yes, but that in itself shows the ridiculous structure of the competition.

[ftp=ftp://[ftp=ftp://Maybe if Laois were serious about their u14 players,(see my previous post as to the utter shambles it's been this year)the first team wouldn't be in the B competition,and they would be the same as every other county][ftp]

100% correct. God be with the days when we were doing well in the Forristal, competing with and beating the top counties. We can't even get into it now. Shambolic.

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on August 26, 2022, 01:15:01 PM

Laois 1 play Wexford 2

Laois 2 play Tipperary 2

In the quarter finals

[ftp=ftp://Are you actually blaming the organisers for where Laois find themselves ?]Are you actually blaming the organisers for where Laois find themselves ?[/ftp]

No. The situation we are in is all down to ourselves. I am however blaming them for putting a structure on a competition that allows two teams for the same county to meet in a national semi final. What was wrong with the old system where the A teams played in the Tony Forristal and the B teams plus some weaker counties played in the Sonny Walsh. A much better and more straightforward system.

You do know how laois found themselves having 2 teams in the B competition?[/b]]

[ftp=ftp://[ftp=ftp://Maybe if Laois were serious about their u14 players,(see my previous post as to the utter shambles it's been this year)the first team wouldn't be in the B competition,and they would be the same as every other county][ftp]

100% correct. God be with the days when we were doing well in the Forristal, competing with and beating the top counties. We can't even get into it now. Shambolic.

The laois A team found themselves in the B competition because they were the worst team in the qualifying section

That's how they found themselves down there

I presume we'd preferred if those kids got the shite kicked out of them in the A competition

At least then we could fool ourselves that we had a team in the A competition and everything was great

As for the god be with the days comment

In its 40 odd years of existence 

We have never won it

And I think Laois got to a semifinal just the once although I'm open to correction

A lot of the time we have been cannon fodder

So you can take off the rose tinted glasses there too

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on August 26, 2022, 01:24:22 PM

Laois 1 play Wexford 2

Laois 2 play Tipperary 2

In the quarter finals

The laois A team found themselves in the B competition because they were the worst team in the qualifying section

I presume we'd preferred if those kids got the shite kicked out of them in the A competition

What I want is a situation which we had up to not so long ago where we were well prepared and competitive. Stupid comments like saying we prefer if they got the shite hurled out of them aren't helpful. Nobody wants that.

At least then we could fool ourselves that we had a team in the A competition and everything was great

We have never won it

And I think Laois got to a semifinal just the once although I'm open to correction

For Laois, the Forristal has been very similar to how the McDonagh has been for the Seniors. Some years we are good enough to go up to A and other years we aren't. Over the years we weren't always in the Forristal. In those years we entered our first team in the Walsh (B). When we were in the A we put the second team in B. But no matter where we were there was never the ridiculous possibility of both our teams meeting each other.
We have shipped some bad results, that's true, but when we have been well organised we have competed well. Didn't we beat Kilkenny and Limerick not so long ago. Those are the days I wanted God to be with. That Kilkenny team got to a minor All Ireland. It's possible if done right.

clonadsane

Laois 1 play Wexford 2

Laois 2 play Tipperary 2

In the quarter finals

We have never won it

I've been following this thread for a while now without an account, however curiosity got the better of me. I have a son in squads, and you seem to have more information about the squads than we as parents do. So with that, are you a parent? Coach with the squads? County board executive? Full time employee? From talking to our own coaching officer the extent of the detail you have on squads fixtures etc is much more than is circulated to clubs and parents so if you could direct me towards where this information is shared please that would be great?

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on August 26, 2022, 02:06:11 PM

Laois 1 play Wexford 2

Laois 2 play Tipperary 2

In the quarter finals

What I want is a situation which we had up to not so long ago where we were well prepared and competitive. Stupid comments like saying we prefer if they got the shite hurled out of them aren't helpful. Nobody wants that.

We have never won it

For Laois, the Forristal has been very similar to how the McDonagh has been for the Seniors. Some years we are good enough to go up to A and other years we aren't. Over the years we weren't always in the Forristal. In those years we entered our first team in the Walsh (B). When we were in the A we put the second team in B. But no matter where we were there was never the ridiculous possibility of both our teams meeting each other.
We have shipped some bad results, that's true, but when we have been well organised we have competed well. Didn't we beat Kilkenny and Limerick not so long ago. Those are the days I wanted God to be with. That Kilkenny team got to a minor All Ireland. It's possible if done right.

Laois have themselves to blame for the "ridiculous possibility" of possibly playing each other in the second tier of a B all ireland

No one else

The year they bet Limerick and Kilkenny was 2017 beaten by Tipperary in the semifinal.

clonadmad

Quote from: clonadsane on August 26, 2022, 02:30:30 PM

Laois 1 play Wexford 2

Laois 2 play Tipperary 2

In the quarter finals

We have never won it

I've been following this thread for a while now without an account, however curiosity got the better of me. I have a son in squads, and you seem to have more information about the squads than we as parents do. So with that, are you a parent? Coach with the squads? County board executive? Full time employee? From talking to our own coaching officer the extent of the detail you have on squads fixtures etc is much more than is circulated to clubs and parents so if you could direct me towards where this information is shared please that would be great?

All on Twitter as regards competitions times dates and results

https://twitter.com/tonyforristal/status/1562780127901077504?s=21&t=tF0nbNY7KgSeBF0qG4Tf_A

https://twitter.com/under15hurling/status/1562352977184178176?s=21&t=x2mR_A4XIKuvTQ8jnyUkrQ

Most county's have their Forristal and Arrabawn  squads and game times posted up across their social media channels 

https://twitter.com/under15hurling/status/1563122906904739841?s=21&t=x2mR_A4XIKuvTQ8jnyUkrQ

I've no doubt they will keep everyone in their counties abreast of their results and progress also

Laois don't seem to bother with any of this

burdizzo

U16s easily beat Kerry and lost to Meath in extra-time in a tournament at Clonad today.

clonadmad

Laois had 2 teams today in the Sonny Walsh u14 B competition in Waterford

Laois 1 0-07 Tipperary 2 12-28

Tipperary 2 then played Laois 2

Laois 2  2-10 Tipperary 2 7-15

Laois 1 then played Wexford 1

Laois 1 2-08  Wexford 1 3-11

Wexford 1 were subsequently beaten by Kerry in a shield final

Wexford 1 0-03 Kerry 1 3-11

Robbo

You're doing a great service sharing those results.
The Tipp Games Dev twitter account, for example, didn't but important that you get to make your point.

clonadmad

Quote from: Robbo on August 27, 2022, 11:44:35 PM
You're doing a great service sharing those results.
The Tipp Games Dev twitter account, for example, didn't but important that you get to make your point.

I took the information from the Tony Forristal Twitter account but maybe instead of having a pop at me,you and your ilk might do something about what happened today

I have flagged the absolute shambles that these kids have been put through by adults who sent them out today to get absolutely taken apart by teams who if they were given any sort of support or coaching would have given them a game at the very least.

Maybe you'd prefer if the results weren't out in the open and we could continue to fool ourselves.