Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

seedings on leagur positions or 2 groups of 6 in championship

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: bannside on August 20, 2022, 01:21:57 PM
Top 4 in last year's cship seeded, one in each pot, open draw for the rest. Seems fair enough in principle - what would you do different next year?

Open draw for 1/4s on
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

country bumpkin

So we are to breathe life into the almost forgotten under-20 football league on Friday 26th Aug...great timing with championship fare on the same week-end...

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 18, 2022, 11:47:07 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 18, 2022, 04:51:50 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on August 18, 2022, 02:23:48 PM
Quote from: seanyb on August 18, 2022, 02:02:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2022, 01:04:54 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on August 18, 2022, 12:37:03 PM
The Antrim Championship is very similar to the English Premier League

Creggan/ Man City - Spent a fortune eventually got over the line
Cargin / Liverpool - Nice team to watch have won one big cup
Arsenal / Portglenone - New young manager, started strong but will they fade away
Tottenham / St Johns - Nice new ground can cause any team a shock, record winners
Chelsea / Lamh Dhearg - recently a contender
Man Utd / St Galls - Used to have an All Ireland winning team, below top 6 ,  facilities are rubbish needs a upgrade

Fixed that ;)

Miltown maybe you can enlighten me, whats Cargins record in the Ulster Club? Have they ever managed to get by the 1st round...ever?
Yeah they have, bounce yourself on back to the Derry board there mate

Bit exclusionist. Tell me are we allowed to read the thread, just not contribute? Or neither?

Neither. Keep them over the bann where they belong

Ok. Ill respect thy wishes. Tho yous could maybe learn a thing or two from the boys across the Bann....

*deleted. Poor form on my behalf (tho i appreciate my post has been copied)

paddyjohn

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 20, 2022, 09:06:08 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 18, 2022, 11:47:07 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 18, 2022, 04:51:50 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on August 18, 2022, 02:23:48 PM
Quote from: seanyb on August 18, 2022, 02:02:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 18, 2022, 01:04:54 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on August 18, 2022, 12:37:03 PM
The Antrim Championship is very similar to the English Premier League

Creggan/ Man City - Spent a fortune eventually got over the line
Cargin / Liverpool - Nice team to watch have won one big cup
Arsenal / Portglenone - New young manager, started strong but will they fade away
Tottenham / St Johns - Nice new ground can cause any team a shock, record winners
Chelsea / Lamh Dhearg - recently a contender
Man Utd / St Galls - Used to have an All Ireland winning team, below top 6 ,  facilities are rubbish needs a upgrade

Fixed that ;)

Miltown maybe you can enlighten me, whats Cargins record in the Ulster Club? Have they ever managed to get by the 1st round...ever?
Yeah they have, bounce yourself on back to the Derry board there mate

Bit exclusionist. Tell me are we allowed to read the thread, just not contribute? Or neither?

Neither. Keep them over the bann where they belong

Ok. Ill respect thy wishes. Tho yous could maybe learn a thing or two from the boys across the Bann....

See Cargin in the old (court) news the day.....*fires grenade, leaves room*

Maybe you should leave the board for good. Keep the personal stuff out of it

quit yo jibbajabba

Publically available info Paddy. Have said nowt nor given no links. Maybe if you hadnt said to stay to other side of Bann eh 😉

Ps ive been on the board long enough that i dont need to take any direction from you

country bumpkin

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 20, 2022, 10:42:27 PM
Publically available info Paddy. Have said nowt nor given no links. Maybe if you hadnt said to stay to other side of Bann eh 😉

Ps ive been on the board long enough that i dont need to take any direction from you

And no mention at all about events in the good old USA......

quit yo jibbajabba

Funny was just talking about it yday.. terrible stuff if found guilty and if what i think youre referring to.

So, nothing to say on the matter Bumpkin? Not like you...but anyway im away back over the Bann 😉

imtommygunn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 19, 2022, 02:23:03 PM
Are the might creggan 1 away loss from being out in group stage? Or do my eyes deceive me on county site

Tbf they haven't even lost a game so not like it's capitulation. Still corrigan never that easy to go to so you never know.

imtommygunn

Lár na páirce 1

Last group game predictions.

St Galls v Lamh Dhearg-away win by 2

St John's v Creggan-away win by 4

Ahoghill v St Brigids--Draw

Moneyglass v Portglenone-away win by 8

Tir na Nog v Aghagallon-home win by 1

O'Donovan Rossa v Cargin-Draw

breakingball

Now it begins to get interesting, every team still playing for something bar st galls?

Would ye whist

Must be why there is a St Galls man appointed to do Creggan v Johns, unusual to have a ref from a team in the same group

Also strange that the LD V St Galls game is on Friday night, would have thought these would have been played at the same time 

Quote from: breakingball on August 23, 2022, 12:55:25 PM
Now it begins to get interesting, every team still playing for something bar st galls?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on August 23, 2022, 01:32:57 PM
Must be why there is a St Galls man appointed to do Creggan v Johns, unusual to have a ref from a team in the same group

Also strange that the LD V St Galls game is on Friday night, would have thought these would have been played at the same time 

Why? How would there be benefit in this? I'd really like to know.. We are on zero points, talk me through your logic?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2022, 02:09:24 PM
Quote from: Would ye whist on August 23, 2022, 01:32:57 PM

Maybe i am wrong, but is he not saying St Galls have no say in the matter anymore, so there is no issue with having a ref from a team in the group?

If St Galls were still in the race then it would be a different matter.

Why? How would there be benefit in this? I'd really like to know.. We are on zero points, talk me through your logic?