BT INFINITY BROADBAND

Started by Gaffer, February 20, 2011, 11:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Anyone got this?

It s claming I would get a speed of 20 something if I joined up. I know my current speed is 2 which is not too bad.

Would be interested in getting it if it as quick as BT claim.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ziggysego

A mate of mine has it and says the speed is unreal. However, you need to be in a BT Infinity enabled area.
Testing Accessibility

Gaffer

According to BT I am in an area. that can get it

Option 1 say you have a limit of 40GB monthly usage. Is that alot or next to nothing?  I haven t a clue

Archie Mitchell

It's a good job now. Was in a place in Derry and they were getting 0.18mb before with standard BT broadband and when switched to BT Infinity were getting 28mb.

lawnseed

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on February 20, 2011, 12:26:18 PM
It's a good job now. Was in a place in Derry and they were getting 0.18mb before with standard BT broadband and when switched to BT Infinity were getting 28mb.

does it cost much more
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: lawnseed on February 20, 2011, 12:40:00 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on February 20, 2011, 12:26:18 PM

does it cost much more

Not sure but think the person told me it cost a few £ more than what they were currently paying.

Gaffer

Just been doing more research on it.
A few areas stiill in the North to be enabled .
Looks the way to go alright although its a bit dearer per month .
Think I ll take the old plunge.

ziggysego

I'll definitely take the plunge when it comes, but they are slow.

I keep getting emails from them:

"Sorry, BT Infinity isn't not coming to ******* this month."
Testing Accessibility

supersub

Have it myself, original speed was about 0.5mbs and when got infinity it went to 27mbs with a potential in our area of 32mbs. Some speed considering the prior connection! Having said that the speed has got slower over time not sure why this is, but still is much faster than before!

balladmaker

Have it .... presently getting 37M download and 1.7M upload ... great job!

Bogball XV

Quote from: ziggysego on February 20, 2011, 01:38:37 PM

fill in the blanks - Caislean Glas?

Also, with the double negative, are they actually coming?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bogball XV on February 21, 2011, 02:33:16 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on February 20, 2011, 01:38:37 PM

fill in the blanks - Caislean Glas?

Also, with the double negative, are they actually coming?
Is Ziggy now ashamed of his Greencastle heritage?

I hope the hoors install it on my road sometime in the near future as the auld satellite dish on the side of the house looks like something from NASA.

Gaffer

Quote from: balladmaker on February 21, 2011, 11:19:58 AM
Have it .... presently getting 37M download and 1.7M upload ... great job!

Balladmaker, is your computer connected wirelessly? Read that wireless isn t as good and that you need some extra device if your computer(s) are pre 2008 cos they have not ot the 'N' technology installed on it.

Gaffer

Got a date for BT Engineer to come and install Infinity.

BT email clearly stated that engineer WOULD CONTACT ME before arriving at my property. Got up at 8.30am  to find a card pushed through my letterbox stating that engineer had called at my house and couldn t get access to my property and that I was to make another appointment. . I didn t hear knock as I was upstairs waiting for the call.

I rang BT and lady apologisied but said that there was nothing could be done only to make another appointment. Could not give me a reason why that engineer did not ring me first before arriving at the house.

I told her to cancel my order. I then emailed a complaint to BT . Still waiting for a response.

B@s@@rds !

balladmaker

QuoteBalladmaker, is your computer connected wirelessly? Read that wireless isn t as good and that you need some extra device if your computer(s) are pre 2008 cos they have not ot the 'N' technology installed on it.

No, have the main PC connected directly to the hub.  I do use a laptop around the house wirelessly from time to time and it works fine as well.