Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 03, 2022, 11:07:10 PM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 03, 2022, 10:57:11 PM
It's the poorest standard at intermediate level that I have seen for a while. As things stand, an average Clooney Gaels team, look the pick of the bunch. The Senior championship appears more competitive for the first time in a few years. Dunloy, Cushendall, Rossa/St John's all in with a shout ......Dunloy, obviously favourites.

How many games have you been to ? What are you expecting from the IHC?

Fair question - how many games have you been to as the intermediate has always been the most competitive. Some serious teams left in. Sarsfields look like they are hotting up and have two main men with serious support crew.

Senior does indeed look competitive, which is great.

podge

Quote from: Glensman on September 04, 2022, 10:51:55 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on September 03, 2022, 11:07:10 PM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 03, 2022, 10:57:11 PM
It's the poorest standard at intermediate level that I have seen for a while. As things stand, an average Clooney Gaels team, look the pick of the bunch. The Senior championship appears more competitive for the first time in a few years. Dunloy, Cushendall, Rossa/St John's all in with a shout ......Dunloy, obviously favourites.

How many games have you been to ? What are you expecting from the IHC?

Fair question - how many games have you been to as the intermediate has always been the most competitive. Some serious teams left in. Sarsfields look like they are hotting up and have two main men with serious support crew.

Senior does indeed look competitive, which is great.

Sarsfields certainly put Creggan to the sword but all might be too little too late- if glenariffe beat creggan (who seem to have checked out with other things on their mind) then i am pretty sure Sarsfields are out. 

In my view it is perverse that 3 teams go through in the SHC (which is less competitive) compared to only 2 in the IHC.   The IHC is certainly competitive but Clooney must be favourites at this point.

imtommygunn

The Intermediate teams are taking a good bit of a beating in senior when they get up so there is obviously quite a big gap there.

Is McManus injured again? That will have a big impact on the championship if so.

Loughgiel Rossa should be very interesting. I am not sure Ballycastle will put it up to St Johns with how they're going. I guess whether Clarke is back or not will have a big bearing too.

Jonkunlon

St Paul's, Gort Na Mona, Creggan and Con Magees all very poor. Its rare for the Intermediate Championship to have so many poor teams.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 04, 2022, 12:53:08 PM
JC that is awful sad about your clubmate :(

Just after putting up a post about him on the Down thread.

Hard to watch a big, strong lad like that waste away, terrible disease....

imtommygunn

Awful young for dementia too  :(

keep her low this half

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 05, 2022, 06:09:48 PM
The Intermediate teams are taking a good bit of a beating in senior when they get up so there is obviously quite a big gap there.

Is McManus injured again? That will have a big impact on the championship if so.

Loughgiel Rossa should be very interesting. I am not sure Ballycastle will put it up to St Johns with how they're going. I guess whether Clarke is back or not will have a big bearing too.

Clarke will not be back from what i hear, serious knee injury out for the rest of the year.
I heard a rumour Rossa got a player sent off after the final whistle against Dunloy, is that correct and is he out of the Loughgiel match?

ck

Quote from: Jonkunlon on September 06, 2022, 07:20:19 AM
St Paul's, Gort Na Mona, Creggan and Con Magees all very poor. Its rare for the Intermediate Championship to have so many poor teams.

Clooney the only decent team in it. Whoever beats them will win it out.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

St Pauls not decent enough?

Saffrongael

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 06, 2022, 11:20:48 AM

St Pauls & GNM the bottom two teams in Div2 & Glenravel are a Div 3 team, not sure what people are expecting from a Div 3 team. They were actually more than competitive in a couple of the games
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 06, 2022, 12:58:46 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 06, 2022, 11:20:48 AM

St Pauls & GNM the bottom two teams in Div2 & Glenravel are a Div 3 team, not sure what people are expecting from a Div 3 team. They were actually more than competitive in a couple of the games

Yeah I agree, they have done well to be fair

keep her low this half

Championship hurling again this weekend

Glenariffe v Creggan   Glenariffe by 8
Glenravel v Sarsfields  Sarsfields by 6
Cushendun V Gorts    Cushendun by 8
St Pauls v Clooney   Clooney by 8
Davitts V Armoy     Armoy by 3
Cloughmills V Ballymena  Cloughmills by 10
Ballycastle v St johns  St johns by 5
Rossa v loughgiel  Loughgiel by 3

barnish oggie

Quote from: keep her low this half on September 15, 2022, 12:56:41 PM
Championship hurling again this weekend

Glenariffe v Creggan   Glenariffe by 8
Glenravel v Sarsfields  Sarsfields by 6
Cushendun V Gorts    Cushendun by 8
St Pauls v Clooney   Clooney by 8
Davitts V Armoy     Armoy by 3
Cloughmills V Ballymena  Cloughmills by 10
Ballycastle v St johns  St johns by 5
Rossa v loughgiel  Loughgiel by 3

Here's hoping the gorts pull a miracle out of the bag!

Kidder81

Very impressive from the Shams