Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on October 10, 2022, 09:20:11 AM
Can this Errigal juggernaut be stopped? Get the hotels booked for AI club final baby yeeeehaaaa
They are sitting in a semi-final. They have been in a semi-final every year for the last 6-7 years, with only 2 wins to show for it so I don't imagine they will be getting too carried away.

TF15

Dromore going for 2 in a row. Making a serious go at it. Real 50-50 game. They way you want it.

TirEoghainGael

Quote from: TF15 on October 10, 2022, 02:11:28 PM
Dromore going for 2 in a row. Making a serious go at it. Real 50-50 game. They way you want it.
Don't  think Dromore have a chance after only scoring 6 points against Omagh. With the firepower Ballygawley have there's only one winner for me. Who do Ulster club champs play in the All Ireland semi final? Errigal against Kilmacud would be a great game to watch.

ClubScene13

It's Ulster v Connacht and Munster v Leinster as far as I know.
Though I would imagine Glen or Kilcoo would have something to say about Errigal's prospects. Let alone the remaining sides in Tyrone.

Snapchap

Errigal in a Tyrone semi-final and there debate on the board has turned to who they'll be playing in the All-Ireland semi-final  ::)

Under Lights

Hopefully TG4 or Rte show all Errigals Ulster Championship matches after being denied access in Tyrone championship due to Tyrone tv

TF15

The only people who seem to talk about ulster and beyond for Errigal usually come from rivals as a 'clever' way of pretending they're looking beyond Tyrone. They've not won a championship for 10 years. There's no team in Tyrone anywhere close to ulster honours as has been shown time and again with dismal showings. We've a good championship but there's not a high level team capable of more in the bunch.

Moonshine

Quote from: TF15 on October 10, 2022, 05:08:06 PM
The only people who seem to talk about ulster and beyond for Errigal usually come from rivals as a 'clever' way of pretending they're looking beyond Tyrone. They've not won a championship for 10 years. There's no team in Tyrone anywhere close to ulster honours as has been shown time and again with dismal showings. We've a good championship but there's not a high level team capable of more in the bunch.

Its not that clever though maybe they have too much time on their hands since an early exit who knows. All semi finals could go either way.

sidelineball

Seriously fancy Dromore to retain their title. Know how to manage a game and have the quality to do damage. Good amount of county experience spread across the team too.

sam03/05

Dromore average enough- Errigal are a 6 point better team
Will win the championship this year & with the two Canavan's a few more to come

Tyrone95

Quote from: sam03/05 on October 11, 2022, 06:22:41 AM

Wouldn't agree that Dromore are average - defending county champions and they have the marker on their back for that reason. We have seen time and time again in recent years that Errigal crumble on the biggest day.. Unless R canavan can be the man of the moment this weekend I fancy Dromore to nip them. 

On the other side of the draw lots of people writing Clonoe off - I agree that Carmen about 10 points the better team (on paper) and the league result confirmed that but Clonoe will have the grit between their teeth to try pull off the great escape and could nip anyone on their day with skeet, mcclures, mcnultys etc. In a couple of years down the line they are going to struggle when the old guard moves on

WT4E

Quote from: Tyrone95 on October 11, 2022, 07:34:03 AM
Quote from: sam03/05 on October 11, 2022, 06:22:41 AM

Wouldn't agree that Dromore are average - defending county champions and they have the marker on their back for that reason. We have seen time and time again in recent years that Errigal crumble on the biggest day.. Unless R canavan can be the man of the moment this weekend I fancy Dromore to nip them. 

On the other side of the draw lots of people writing Clonoe off - I agree that Carmen about 10 points the better team (on paper) and the league result confirmed that but Clonoe will have the grit between their teeth to try pull off the great escape and could nip anyone on their day with skeet, mcclures, mcnultys etc. In a couple of years down the line they are going to struggle when the old guard moves on

Are Moortown back training yet?

sam03/05

Don't think Dromore are anywhere near as good as Errigal. I think they will win easy enough.

LeoMc

Quote from: sam03/05 on October 11, 2022, 06:28:55 PM
Don't think Dromore are anywhere near as good as Errigal. I think they will win easy enough.

At this stage of the championship it is about more than just ability.

bigtogs

Quote from: LeoMc on October 11, 2022, 07:55:28 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on October 11, 2022, 06:28:55 PM

At this stage of the championship it is about more than just ability.

I fully agree Dungannon arguably have the best panel in the county but they will continue to struggle against the more streetwise teams in the championship they need to realise championship and league is different stuff .. Sometimes if not all the time you need to keep it tight at the back and win ugly if needed. Winning playing flamboyant football will work every now and again but more often than not it wont work.