The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Spy

Rufus is there any chance of u throwing up a report of the match last sunday???

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Dell Boy on February 28, 2007, 05:50:28 PM

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 27, 2007, 10:43:43 PM

Armagh Harps are not in the business of supplying players for other clubs.

Annaghmore,Grange, Mullabrack???

My statement refers to the present! You are obviously thinking of the past! 

Feel free to add the words 'any more' to the end of my statement, if it helps you to get a grasp of the situation!  ;)

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Hank Everlast on February 28, 2007, 08:27:54 AM
......so he wasnt at the ogs training the other nite then?!

I don't go to Ogs training - I couldn't tell you.

If you can point out a factual inaccuracy in anything I have written, then please do so!  ::)

tyrone-r-shite

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 27, 2007, 10:43:43 PM

Armagh Harps are not in the business of supplying players for other clubs.

But should they be allowed to deliberately block players who do not wish to play for them and have given plenty to the club over the years? (JP, P. Grimes, D. Jordan, S. Mc Kinney) ???

RP Macmurphy

Where are you getting your information from because sensationalist statements cause damage - and taking it you're a Harps man/woman, I'll answer you question as a fellow Harps man.

(without knowing his reasons why he has asked to move), Take Sting as an example - a player who has played for the Club for 20 years and Club Captain from around 3 years ago.  Every effort should be made to point out that if he has anything to offer, he should put it back into his own Club before offering it to another Club.

However, with this in mind, if the player gives the Club an acceptable reason to leave, it's in the best interest of the player (having has time to consider his request) is allowed to leave.

All in my opinion of course! :)

tyrone-r-shite

All of the above mentioned have officially had transfers declined from the club -fact
I am not aware of all of their reasons but know that 2 of the players are unable to give the commitment required for senior football with a club of the Harps stature -fact
The Harps committee rejected some of these transfers at their last meeting and did not inform the county board at the next county board meeting (which is required) -fact

One can only assume that this is a deliberate tactic to delay (or prevent these boys playing football).
This "if we cant have them, nobody can" attitude reflects badly on a club which was in my opinion Armaghs leading club.
-Again only my opinion based on the facts i do know.

Louis the Red

QuoteI am not aware of all of their reasons but know that 2 of the players are unable to give the commitment required for senior football with a club of the Harps stature -fact

This is the very reason the Harps have a 'B' Team.  Are they too good for the B team, but good enough for the likes of Mullabrack ???

RP Macmurphy

Quoteam not aware of all of their reasons but know that 2 of the players are unable to give the commitment required for senior football with a club of the Harps

The Harps have a B team (which has been successful in recent years) if it's football they're after.

They also have something in the range of 14 under age teams (these fellas migh remember playing for themselves) - all of which could do with help - especially from an ex Senior player.

You get my drift?

Now I'm not entering into a debate here, but with all things considered, I'll repeat if the player wants to go the player should be let leave.

Can I just say - as you say you're a Harps man - have you spent any time or effort encouraging these players who are (allegedly) looking away to stay with the Harps?

tyrone-r-shite

I havent offered any opinion as it is their choice, but I know that B football is not an option for Jp & Paddy as they have other commitments on week nights (B games being on wednesdays) and as they have played senior c'ship last year, they are not illegible for B c'ship. -hardly offers too much football for these fellas!

Dell Boy

Have to agree with you here - B football in Armagh is crap compared to other counties. 10 games max if all the other clubs bother to fulfil fixtures.  Can't blame anyone who can't commit to the semi-pro attitude that senior clubs have now taken, but still want to play regularly in a more reliable, competition than the B farce.
NO gaa member should be denied the opportunity to play gaelic games at their chosen level and the Harps are clearly assisting in this with their delaying tactics. The only other option which many take is to hang up the boots prematurely.

If the B leagues were run along-side the senior leagues as in Tyrone, then this would perhaps stop the on-going outflow of footballers to the likes og Mullabrack and might actually strengthen the weakening club situation for many clubs.

RP Macmurphy

QuoteB football is not an option for Jp

I don't think anyone was suggesting that! ;)

QuoteIf the B leagues were run along-side the senior leagues as in Tyrone, then this would perhaps stop the on-going outflow of footballers to the likes og Mullabrack and might actually strengthen the weakening club situation for many clubs.

I couldn't agree more!

QuoteNO gaa member should be denied the opportunity to play gaelic games at their chosen level and the Harps are clearly assisting in this with their delaying tactics.

Wanting to hold on to your best players is no sin.

Dell Boy

Wanting to keep them is no sin but obstucting lads that obviously don't want to commit to your club for whatever reason is - this is supposed to be an amateur sport.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: tyrone-r-shite on February 28, 2007, 10:13:23 PM
All of the above mentioned have officially had transfers declined from the club -fact
I am not aware of all of their reasons but know that 2 of the players are unable to give the commitment required for senior football with a club of the Harps stature -fact
The Harps committee rejected some of these transfers at their last meeting and did not inform the county board at the next county board meeting (which is required) -fact

One can only assume that this is a deliberate tactic to delay (or prevent these boys playing football).
This "if we cant have them, nobody can" attitude reflects badly on a club which was in my opinion Armaghs leading club.
-Again only my opinion based on the facts i do know.

As comprehensive a detail as one could wish to have and if true somebody well in the know. Contrasts vividly with the opening salvos that were designed solely to raise the subject on this public forum. Examples are;

Quote from: tyrone-r-shite on February 15, 2007, 10:48:45 AM
Does anyone have some up to date (and reliable) information on all of the transfer rumours going around? Im hearing so many varying accounts I dont know whats going on....
I've even had to join this Gaaboard craze to see if I can get any more info!!!!!!!

Quote from: tyrone-r-shite on February 15, 2007, 11:37:03 AM
Its not bitching Spirit,
Just want to know why club has got itself into such a state (or is it all bullshit and there are no issues?)

Quote from: tyrone-r-shite on February 15, 2007, 12:07:06 PM
I would hardly say being concerned about your club is unwitty humour.
As nobody is openly explaining, i assume that we are having all of the difficulties that are circulating. :'(

Very very touching attitude - such concern for one's Club!  :'(

And then when an attempt was made to assure that there was no issues and no transfers taking place, suddenly no more Mr Nice Guy - in fact a quite nasty individual who was prepared to throw mud in the form of false allegations - these allegations, despite being false, implied someone who knew more than they were letting on when they first arrived here. An example or two below;

Quote from: tyrone-r-shite on February 17, 2007, 05:45:14 PM

As you are on senior ranking club member rufus maybe you could direct some of the revenue raised from membership fees to the county board as the club owe county board £10,000 for not paying for registration over the last few years and are in danger of being booted out of the league!
-bit rich chasing people for money when club doesnt pay its own debts. ::)

Quote from: tyrone-r-shite on February 17, 2007, 09:19:31 PM
Rufus, it is all fact. Im sure that you know this also. But maybe that is typical of the committee - bury heads in sand.
"transfers in" what about the requests to leave??
Also very strange that transfer requests handed in before christmas were mysteriously ignored and club publicly stated that there were no transfer requests??????
Also transfers that were rejected by committee were not forwarded to next county board meeting (whch is protocol), would the club be trying to sabotage players chances of kicking ball elsewhere with these pathetic delaying tactics? ???

Now which is it - are you the 'concerned Club member' or are you someone indeed trying to blacken the name of our Club, via your anonymity on this public forum. From what you have been saying, I would suggest the latter, and if you're any GAA man at all, then you should hang your head in shame - maybe though that shame is not in your nature, given your brass neck here!

I would be very confident that I know who you are, and of course you are here with your own agenda, something that is not in the interests of Armagh Harps or their members, players or supporters. I have monitored your use of this Board and you have lurked here regularly without posting, solely for the purpose of looking around to see if the issue you want discussed has been raised.

I would ask genuine Harps supporters not to engage with these people on this Board, as all they are interested in is the name of our Club being dragged through the mud.  >:(

say nothin

Raceday at Fairyhouse: - to answer an earlier question. There is food and music back in the club after the Races. Buses are due back around 8.30 - 9pm.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: say nothin on March 01, 2007, 12:09:16 AM
Raceday at Fairyhouse: - to answer an earlier question. There is food and music back in the club after the Races. Buses are due back around 8.30 - 9pm.

Can I ask that Dean Nullec goes on the bus with the Harps Male Voice Choir?  ;D

Top work as always Say Nothin - the Club are indebted to yourself and the rest of the Race Day Committee! Should be a WONDER day out!  8)

I hope to have a further six names by the week-end - I will be in touch!  ;)