The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: corn02 on August 19, 2008, 09:13:28 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 19, 2008, 12:09:25 AM
Quotesure he is not on the harps panel and he hasnt played Gaelic this year for club or county.
Didn't realise he wasnt playing for yous this year - weren't yous talking about the possibility of him coming back a few weeks ago though?
But it's been the same with Toal in previous years - just seems to come and go as he pleases.

Is there not more to it than that, is he not big into road bowls or something?

That's what he's been concentrating on this year.

winsamsoon

That has to be a joke ??? ??? Road bowls ??? Please tell me this is just sarcasm and he hasn't neglected gaelic for road bowls
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Candyman

He never returned to football after breaking his leg then when he had recovered he was throwing in the Ulster championships. In the end up he won an all-ireland championship with the road bowls at the start of August, deciding to concentrate on that instead of the gaelic. He returned to training once and went over on his ankle 2weeks before the road bowls final so that was the end of the football for him!! Maybe next year for Na Clairsigh eh..... ::)

corn02

If the man prefers to play road bowls, noone has the right to question that.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: corn02 on August 19, 2008, 06:52:16 PM
If the man prefers to play road bowls, noone has the right to question that.

He is arguably the best road bowler in the North, and could have a decent shot at winning the All Ireland Senior Championship next year.  As he hails from a road bowling family that would count for a lot (I would imagine).

winsamsoon

Bit strange for a city boy but whatever floats his boat. Good luck to him

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: gaapunter on August 19, 2008, 09:08:21 AM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 18, 2008, 09:19:28 PM
Quote from: gaapunter on August 18, 2008, 03:32:18 PM
Just a quick note saying how glad all gaels are to see the Harps where they belong in Division 2- long may you stay there 8) 8)

Can I in turn congratulate you on a hitherto unseen ability to construct a sentence in english! Kudos my friend.

Now that we have discovered that gaapunter is a Killeavey man, can any other Killeavey men out there translate the following?   :D

Quote from: gaapunter on August 06, 2008, 04:34:28 PM
And isnt it great to see Division 1 shall be all the better within them bye bye :-* :-*

what are you an english teacher- I bet you a ginger nerd who has never played a game of football- as I said before a clan na gael man and proud- ps if you need directions to St pauls ground in division 2 next year just ask 8) 8)

:D

Your Use of English is tremendous!! I am now beginning to enjoy your company!!!     :D :D

I tell you what - I'll see your 'ginger nerd who has never played a game of football' and raise you 'two dark haired nerds who played to under 12!!'   :D :D 

Too easy!!!   :D

Edit: Forgot to add - try and get the quotes right!!  ;)

Erwin Rommel

Don't know why you are getting so cocky GAAPunter - Killeavey will get theres soon enough!!

See how big you are then.

diesel-smuggler

peadar toal was playing for armagh city tonight i didnt realise he played soccer too!

fcuksake

GaaPunter

73 posts and he still cannot grasp the quotes :D :D :D

You should use the Spell Check thats available.......
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

corn02

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on August 19, 2008, 10:58:12 PM
peadar toal was playing for armagh city tonight i didnt realise he played soccer too!

I noticed that too on the teamshweet and wondered was it the same one, did you make the trip up. How did the red haired striker do for Banbridge?  :)

gaapunter

Quote from: fcuksake on August 20, 2008, 12:04:11 AM
GaaPunter

73 posts and he still cannot grasp the quotes :D :D :D

You should use the Spell Check thats available.......

You should go and watch countdown- loser- and what's wrong with my English- if you want to compare academic records i.e A levels degree results - I would be more than happy to

Now F-ck off and play on the M1

gaapunter

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 19, 2008, 09:28:19 PM
Just a quick note saying how glad all gaels are to see the Harps where they belong in Division 2- long may you stay there 8) 8)

Can I in turn congratulate you on a hitherto unseen ability to construct a sentence in english! Kudos my friend.

Now that we have discovered that gaapunter is a Killeavey man, can any other Killeavey men out there translate the following?   :D

And isnt it great to see Division 1 shall be all the better within them bye bye :-* :-*

what are you an english teacher- I bet you a ginger nerd who has never played a game of football- as I said before a clan na gael man and proud- ps if you need directions to St pauls ground in division 2 next year just ask 8) 8)

:D :D

Your Use of English is tremendous!! I am now beginning to enjoy your company!!!     :D :D

I tell you what - I'll see your 'ginger nerd who has never played a game of football' and raise you 'two dark haired nerds who played to under 12!!'   :D :D 

Is this quote ok you ginger division 2 rat

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: gaapunter on August 20, 2008, 05:38:55 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on August 19, 2008, 09:28:19 PM

:D :D

Is this quote ok you ginger division 2 rat

No! You have not corrected your original mistake. As a consequence, the quotes dating back appear all mixed up!

Sort it out 'A' level boy!  :-*

And while you're at it - get that punctuation sorted out! You're more concerned with telling us about your 'A levels'. What did you get in your GCSE English Language?   

Once we get these problems ironed out, then we'll get to the bottom of what you're trying to say!   :-*

By the way. What's wrong with being ginger? I can think of many Killeavey men who had red hair! 

winsamsoon

For starter ffs HE IS NOT FROM KILLEAVY  REPEAT HE IS NOT FROM KILLEAVY ANS SECONDLY WHAT THE f**k HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH THE HARPS. COP ON LADS.