The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topgun

thats it candyman, too many people are talking behind too many backs well see how many people think drinking was a problem etc etc at this years AGM and im not on the squad just to let us no
a prophet is not recognised by his own

Louis the Red

Iron Fist you claim to be a 'Harps Member'.  If so why would you want to badmouth your clubs senior team on a public discussion board ???  If you do have issues why not save them until December and air them at the AGM? Then again, I'd bet you have never attended an AGM, and are quick to criticise the players and committee at any given chance.  Your not Tommy Moirs are you :-\

Rufus T Firefly

Iron fist and topgun - dropped each of you a pm!   

Candyman

Where's mine Rufus???  ;)

fcuksake

Who is this child 'Iron Fist', crawl back under from under your stone.

Club man/member/player/supporter, hang your head in shame. who in their right mind would bring this info to a public forum. As previously stated, go to the AGM and voice your opinion instead of dragging this club through the mud. >:( >:( >:(

you clown.. ::)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

umgolaarmagh

Get the pints into you lads!!!!!!

Research shows the best time to drink pints is straight after a football match  ;D

fcuksake

And yous wud know all about that ;D
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Rufus T Firefly

Apologies again for the lateness of the report.  ;D

Armagh Harps v Clan na Gael

Harps recorded their second home victory in nine days, when they defeated Clan na Gael by two points in a hard fought game at Abbey Park on Sunday morning. Although we are only at the half way point in the season, this really was a must win match, as both teams are situated at the wrong end of the table.

Harps started off playing towards the dressing room goals but took time to get into their stride. The visitors on the other hand had no such worries and attacked from the throw in. They soon had the opening point, a free run through the middle of our defence followed by a well taken effort from thirty yards. Harps were still finding their feet and were punished again when an excellent Clans move ended with their second point. Harps managed to eventually get on the scoreboard – Nippy playing a quick one-two from a free before pointing from forty yards out. This seemed to lift the Harps and Nippy's great catch and run set up Kevin Kelly for a well taken point on his weaker right foot. Harps were now playing with confidence. A high ball in was knocked down to Harpo and he gave Harps the lead with a well taken point. Chances to extend the lead were not taken though with Kevin Kelly having two bad wides. Clans returned to the attack and began to dominate play. They added the next five points in a row, three from frees, and were helped in no small measure by some poor Harps defending. Harps eventually broke this scoring sequence when Kevin Kelly pointed a free after Nippy was fouled. Joe Quigley's run then took him clear of the defence, but his right foot shot lacked conviction, and was comfortably saved by the keeper. Harps were then lucky to see Clans shoot two bad wides before excellent play by Gerard McDonagh won Harps a free that Joe Quigley pointed. Clans closed the half with another disappointing effort from a free that faded well wide, to leave them two points to the good at the break.

Half time, Harps 0-05, Clan na Gael 0-07.

Harps started off slowly once again at the start of the second half, but were again lucky that Clans shooting was off. They had two bad wides from frees before they made it third time lucky with a point from a free that was gifted by Harps managing to turn possession over twice in the space of ten seconds. They then missed another scoreable free, this time hitting the post, before Nippy responded with our first attempt of the half that just went wide. Gerard McDonagh then combined with Nippy to score a great point, but Clans responded with a point from their number fifteen.  Liam McAuley was introduced into the defence for Kevin Daly as the game became end to end. Kevin Kelly scored a great point from play but Clans responded immediately with a point from a free. Kevin then added two points from frees whilst Clans could only muster two bad wides. Harps were now sensing a victory. Harpo and Gerard McDonagh combined well to create an opportunity for Minnie that he finished with a well taken point. Harps pushed again and at last got the vital score of the match. Joe Quigley gathered the rebound from a high ball in, and his run beat the cover and he finished expertly to the net from ten yards. Clans came back in search of an equaliser. They were awarded a free and took a point. They returned to the attack again and looked to have snatched victory when the ball fell to Philip Oldham six yards out. However, to the anguish of Clans and the relief of the Harps, his shot went just the wrong side of the upright. They maintained the pressure, but their chance was gone, and all they had to show for the remaining minutes was another poor wide from a free.

Final score, Harps 1-10, Clan na Gael 0-11.

As stated, this was a vital victory for Harps as they look to battle their way out of relegation trouble. However, it has to be said that we rode our luck to some extent and can be thankful that Clan na Gael's shooting was way off. Best for the Harps were Nippy in midfield and Kevin Kelly and Gerard McDonagh in attack. The Harps lined out as follows. Willie McSorley, Fergus McAleavey, Jungle McKee, Kevin Daly (Liam McAuley), Chuckie Morris, Martin Gill, Martin McCoy, Simon Lennon, Nippy Swift 0-1, Harpo McKenna 0-1, Minnie Holmes 0-1, Joe Quigley 1-1 (0-1 free), Kevin Kelly 0-5 (0-3 frees), Gerard McDonagh 0-1 and Ebby Toal.     

pintsofguinness

This last years report rufus aye?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 10, 2007, 11:12:50 PM

Aye, point taken - I'm struggling to stay motivated!!  :-\

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 10, 2007, 11:19:34 PM

You can come write for the Bridge  ;D

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 10, 2007, 11:31:58 PM

I've just got my motivation back!!  :P

topgun

no B match tonight night called off
a prophet is not recognised by his own

illdecide

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 10, 2007, 11:43:56 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 10, 2007, 11:31:58 PM

I've just got my motivation back!!  :P

Rufus thats not bad if i say so myself, and a pretty accurate discription of the match, we need someone like you for our reports. Only recently it would be Clans beat again o and did i mention Clans beat again :'( :'(

It certainly looks like Porty will be relegated and we have still 9 games left with 5 at home and the rest of our suspensions finished so hopefully we can climb up the table a bit with yourselves, who do you reckon is the next favourites to go down between Clans, Harps, Whitecross and Culloville (have i left out any other victims)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pintsofguinness

Surely Harps and clanns getting the county players back will make a big difference, I would have thought Culloville would be sure to go down now.