Lockdown memories

Started by Truth hurts, June 30, 2022, 12:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 01, 2022, 11:59:28 AM
Quote from: FermGael on July 01, 2022, 09:31:50 AM
Quote from: laoislad on June 30, 2022, 01:32:58 PM
Teachers being arseholes.

Parents trying to argue that they are key workers.

Or unable to do simple sums with their kids

Speak for yourself, I was doing integration and differentiation with the young lad doing further maths GCSE's...

Haven't lost it.   ;D

Cunny Funt

Empty trains and buses. No bread or toilet paper in shops. Loads of couch potatoes having a sudden interest in walking, jogging or cycling.

Loughshore2022

I loved lockdown, in fact it was my norm before and after the main Covid era. I am an extreme introvert and over the years this has led to misanthropy due to how bad people have treated me. Solitude is sacred for me and it pains me to be around loud mouthed Neuro Typicals.

Man Marker

The insistent media coverage alongside constant government messages to scare the complete shite out of everyone to the point we were cleaning down the groceries coming into the house to find out it was a load of bollix. The amount of people after 12 months who couldn't see what was in front of their nose because they couldn't think for themselves. a valuable lesson in there for me. Stopped buying by newspapers two years ago thank god.

Saffrongael

They are still cleaning "touchpoints" like fuckin eejits in my workplace
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

AustinPowers

A number of weeks before lockdown, we took in a dog from a relative who Had  got fed up with it. I was reluctant as I'm not really a dog person, but the wee thing would have ended up in the pound so we  relented

When lockdown hit,  herself was working from home, and I was off so  had a lot of time on my hands, so I started taking the dog walking around the local roads. It was a great way of meeting and chatting to people especially with nobody visiting early days.

Started growing some fruit and vegetables  down the back field  and took the dog everyday with me. Weather was great, and she kept me company  while I tried my hand at all sorts of plants ( mostly badly). She spent her time  lying in the sun, digging holes,   keeping an eye on the sheep/cows next fields and running around the place and sometimes getting in my way and walking all over my plants  ;D I have great memories of those few months with her

Unfortunately a few months back she started going downhill. Tried different meds from vet but decline continued. Just over a month ago we lost her. Came down early one morning and she was gone.  I buried her in the back field  where we spent many memorable  days that summer., she probably kept us sane during those lockdown days, especially me. I'm absolutely heartbroken that she's gone.

Gmac

Enjoyed reading the coronavirus thread and how some guys were showering after getting the mail or burning their clothes after grocery shopping like they had committed a murder .

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Donegal wans letting their hatred of Derry City folk out on social media-keep them out

Olly

I got to know my brother over lockdown. We'd do quizzes together,  just the two of us and sometimes they'd take 6 hours and be rather heated. One such occasion we argued over the 7 Glen's of Antrim. He said they were 9. Unfortunately the arguments got worse over the lockdown and We'd be arguing for over 8 hours at a time over silly things on WhatsApp such as the nickname of Mayo etc. Anyway my uncle died and I finally set eyes on my brother in real life for the first time in years. But the brewing online arguments were too much and he kicked the absolute f**k outta me at the graveyard. The funeral was abandoned.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Denn Forever

It is now a recurring nightmare. Had to buy more facemasks.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

imtommygunn

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 01, 2022, 11:10:49 PM
A number of weeks before lockdown, we took in a dog from a relative who Had  got fed up with it. I was reluctant as I'm not really a dog person, but the wee thing would have ended up in the pound so we  relented

When lockdown hit,  herself was working from home, and I was off so  had a lot of time on my hands, so I started taking the dog walking around the local roads. It was a great way of meeting and chatting to people especially with nobody visiting early days.

Started growing some fruit and vegetables  down the back field  and took the dog everyday with me. Weather was great, and she kept me company  while I tried my hand at all sorts of plants ( mostly badly). She spent her time  lying in the sun, digging holes,   keeping an eye on the sheep/cows next fields and running around the place and sometimes getting in my way and walking all over my plants  ;D I have great memories of those few months with her

Unfortunately a few months back she started going downhill. Tried different meds from vet but decline continued. Just over a month ago we lost her. Came down early one morning and she was gone.  I buried her in the back field  where we spent many memorable  days that summer., she probably kept us sane during those lockdown days, especially me. I'm absolutely heartbroken that she's gone.

Sorry to hear that.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Gmac on July 01, 2022, 11:19:55 PM
Enjoyed reading the coronavirus thread and how some guys were showering after getting the mail or burning their clothes after grocery shopping like they had committed a murder .

Lol forgot about that
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 02, 2022, 11:10:07 AM
Quote from: Gmac on July 01, 2022, 11:19:55 PM

Lol forgot about that

perfect example here of what I remember GMAC over exaggerating everything and been wrong about nearly everything and making a fool of himself/herself.

not sure why I wasted my time but searched grocery/groceries and shower/showering in the thread and no poster was suggesting anything close to what you said... (apart from one poster who was not doing it but giving an example)

mrdeeds

Cycling the bike in a small loop around and around to stay within the 2km zone. Bringing the boys to see their granny amd talking through the window. Madness.

I did like queuing in shops and people not breathing in your ear.