Derry v Galway AISF Sat 9th July 5.30pm Croke Park

Started by screenexile, June 26, 2022, 07:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

Derry shocking ... feel for Rian O'Neill sitting in a bar in Chicago watching this crap.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Rudi on July 09, 2022, 06:54:54 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 09, 2022, 06:52:47 PM
If only Derry could have pretended that Galway were their All-Ireland winning neighbours from across the Sperrins in the first round of the Ulster, it might all have been so different!  :)

That's what Armagh did & got back into the game.

Nah, Armagh's from across the Lough!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyroneman

Comer a hard man to stop when on song to be fair

trueblue1234

Having a keeper up the pitch is pointless unless they bring something to the attack.
Nice finish all the same.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Blowitupref

Fly goalkeepers the way to go? Thank you very much from Comer.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RedHand88

highorlow

It appears the blanket will only get you so far these days.

Tomorrow is the AIF
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

armaghniac

Quote from: balladmaker on July 09, 2022, 06:58:43 PM
Derry shocking ... feel for Rian O'Neill sitting in a bar in Chicago watching this crap.

Armagh would have beaten Derry on their performance today.

I'm watching on Sky, Donaghy on co-commentary, even he must be a bit disappointed not to be on the line today.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

screenexile

trueblue1234

Quote from: armaghniac on July 09, 2022, 07:01:15 PM

If your aunt has balls and all that. Armagh wouldn't have lived with that Galway performance either. Very focused after the first 30 mins.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rudi

Quote from: screenexile on July 09, 2022, 06:56:57 PM
Quote from: Rudi on July 09, 2022, 06:52:52 PM
Ulster football was poor this year. No Tyrone or Donegal.

You're lads got beat by Clare so...

Listen at the start of the year I'd have taken division 1 and a good performance against Tyrone. We got to an All Ireland Semi Final against all the odds.

This is Derry's first year challenging... we have lads coming through to make sure we'll be back again. I'm proud of every man involved in that setup they gave us a year we weren't expecting... We'll be back!!

Galway are further down the road than we are and best of luck to them in the Final!

Wasn't trying to have a go Screen, we did beat Galway twice this year & only lost the Connacht final by 3.
And yes we lost to a midlan Clare side. We chit the nest, flaky what can I say.

Fear ón Srath Bán

The League game against the very same protagonists was only a precursor, apparently.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tony Baloney

At what point do you realise your system isn't working and try something different?

square_ball

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 09, 2022, 07:00:20 PM
Having a keeper up the pitch is pointless unless they bring something to the attack.
Nice finish all the same.

Lynch is extremely limited out the field. He is just a hindrance when he goes out rather than any help.

armaghniac

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 09, 2022, 07:03:27 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 09, 2022, 07:01:15 PM

If your aunt has balls and all that. Armagh wouldn't have lived with that Galway performance either. Very focused after the first 30 mins.

I didn't day they would beat Galway I said they would beat Derry. They proved that they weren't far off Galway last time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B