Derry v Clare AI QF

Started by HiMucker, June 13, 2022, 09:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Hope its on the Saturday. Any injuries going in to this match or is everyone good to go so far?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Id rather have got someone else, Derry are favourites here, Clare be up for this

Estimator

Quote from: HiMucker on June 13, 2022, 09:19:15 AM
Hope its on the Saturday. Any injuries going in to this match or is everyone good to go so far?
On Saturday evening, Magherafelt parish announced that they were moving Cemetary Sunday (26th June) to the Saturday evening (25th June) due to Derry's success in the Ulster Championship.  Maybe they knew something about the quarter final fixtures before the draw  ;)
Ulster League Champions 2009

Armagh18

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 13, 2022, 09:21:19 AM
Id rather have got someone else, Derry are favourites here, Clare be up for this
Yeah tricky draw for Derry. Definitely favourites but Clare a sticky side as Armagh know from experience. Will be really close game.

Taylor

Derry wont have anything to worry about here.

There is a slim to no chance that Clare will be able to break down the blanket defence.

Book yer hotel for the semi final folks

Wildweasel74

Nothing like been cocky is there. But don't think u a Derry fan.

yellowcard

Its a dream draw for Derry, great chance of making an AI final. Easy enough match for their players to get accustomed to Croke Park ahead of an AI semi final. 

thebuzz

Quote from: yellowcard on June 13, 2022, 10:06:51 AM
Its a dream draw for Derry, great chance of making an AI final. Easy enough match for their players to get accustomed to Croke Park ahead of an AI semi final.

There will be absolutely nothing easy about it. Clare will be just as glad that they got us as we are to get them. They'll not have any fear of us.

clarshack

Derry hammered Clare in the league and i'd expect the same result again.

yellowcard

Quote from: thebuzz on June 13, 2022, 10:10:53 AM

There will be absolutely nothing easy about it. Clare will be just as glad that they got us as we are to get them. They'll not have any fear of us.

Lets be honest, it will be their easiest game of the championship to date. I never understand lads on forums warily trying to talk up the opposition ahead of a match as if their opinion is going to make one jot of difference.   

JoG2

Quote from: yellowcard on June 13, 2022, 10:21:09 AM

Lets be honest, it will be their easiest game of the championship to date. I never understand lads on forums warily trying to talk up the opposition ahead of a match as if their opinion is going to make one jot of difference.

99.9 % of Derry folk would have wanted Clare or Cork, the odd one wanting Mayo. So, delighted to get one of them. It's a q/f so any / all teams will be 'up for it'. But this is some chance to make a semi of the All Ireland. Dream stuff atm. And there's zero chance Gallagher and this group of players will be complacent, far far too many hard sessions have been put in for that to happen imo.

tbrick18

On paper it should be, I agree.
But a lot will depend on the Derry mentality.
Have they managed to get their feet back on the ground after the first Ulster in 24 years?
Will they be overconfident going in against Clare? Derry have had a long break, so might be difficult to keep tuned in at the right level over that time.

Clare are no soft touch, but  if Derry bring the same level of focus, intensity and desire to win as they did to games so far, I think we'll win this game.

Clare will be happy coming in ss slight underdogs and will be flying high after the nature of their win against Roscommon.

Taylor

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 13, 2022, 10:31:06 AM

Have they managed to get their feet back on the ground after the first Ulster in 24 years?
Will they be overconfident going in against Clare? Derry have had a long break, so might be difficult to keep tuned in at the right level over that time.

Clare are no soft touch, but  if Derry bring the same level of focus, intensity and desire to win as they did to games so far, I think we'll win this game.

Clare will be happy coming in ss slight underdogs and will be flying high after the nature of their win against Roscommon.

Slight underdogs  ;D

Derry are 1/8 - I would say the handicap will be 6 or 7 points.

If I was from Derry I would be more concerned that ye arent getting a sterner test ahead of an semi final

thebuzz

Roscommon thought it was their easiest game to date and look what happened to them. Derry are no better than Roscommon. If they bring their Ulster form and aren't complacent they should be ok but I wouldn't write off Clare.

yellowcard

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 13, 2022, 10:31:06 AM

Slight underdogs? They are huge underdogs. Its probably not great preparation for an AI semi final but I wouldn't begrudge Derry the easy draw as they have had a tough run to come through Ulster.