Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 22, 2022, 03:53:42 PM
I don't understand how Armagh are red hot favourites. Galway are a good team. I'd have them slight favourites tbh. They have beat two good teams in Roscommon and Mayo and it hasn't been that hard work for them.
Armagh slight favourites at best. Anyone calling either team in that game red hot favourites is on a windup.

imtommygunn

;D I would say you are right.

To have them red hot favourites is nonsense. They have to handle Walsh and Comer in particular and Galway pretty solid in midfield etc too. Armagh not bad with a few very good forwards and a decent midfield too. Has the makings of a very good game.

Galway by 2...

Blowitupref

Quote from: clarshack on June 22, 2022, 03:10:01 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on June 22, 2022, 01:31:51 PM
Let's be realistic, derry are through and I'd make armagh slight favourites in a close battle.

Both Derry and Armagh are red hot favourites for me.

Based on?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 22, 2022, 04:21:42 PM
;D I would say you are right.

To have them red hot favourites is nonsense. They have to handle Walsh and Comer in particular and Galway pretty solid in midfield etc too. Armagh not bad with a few very good forwards and a decent midfield too. Has the makings of a very good game.

Galway by 2...
Really looking forward to it. Our defence has come on big time this year- can't remember exact figures but we didn't concede a whole pile of goals in the league against top opposition. Galways forwards in Croker in the championship will a huge test though.

imtommygunn

Comer running at you will be a big test. His hamstring seems to play up from time to time though so croker will be a test for him.

Walsh in full flight a joy to behold. Be interesting to see who picks him up.

Blowitupref

Croke Park expected attendances this Saturday and Sunday.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

ONeill

I think Saturday's games will go to form for the favourites.

Sunday, I feel that one of the two raging hot favourites, Armagh or Kerry, will slip up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

balladmaker

Quote from: ONeill on June 23, 2022, 10:27:30 PM

Sunday, I feel that one of the two raging hot favourites, Armagh or Kerry, will slip up.

I'd call neither raging hot favourites, but I guess you're up to a bit of Tyrone mind games ahead of your neighbours hour of destiny on Sunday.

Armagh18

Petition to ban Tyrone men from talking about our matches lol. If you're trying to be a cute huer maybe don't be so obvious about it ;)

rrhf

I am going with all the form and therefore the hot favourites to win.  Quarter finals traditionally are not a day for massive shocks, semi finals are.   Derry/Armagh/Dublin and Kerry to advance.

Armagh18

Quote from: rrhf on June 24, 2022, 09:08:55 AM
I am going with all the form and therefore the hot favourites to win.  Quarter finals traditionally are not a day for massive shocks, semi finals are.   Derry/Armagh/Dublin and Kerry to advance.
The only results that would be massive shocks to me would be a hammering either way in the Derry/Clare or Armagh/Galway games, Cork getting within 5 points of Dublin or Mayo hammering Kerry. Any other outcome wouldn't be much of a surprise.

trailer

Quote from: balladmaker on June 23, 2022, 10:50:25 PM

I'd call neither raging hot favourites, but I guess you're up to a bit of Tyrone mind games ahead of your neighbours hour of destiny on Sunday.

Armagh are the All Ireland Qualifier Champions 2022. They have to be red hot favourites against Galway who lets face it are coming out of a really weak Connacht.

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on June 24, 2022, 10:19:40 AM

Armagh are the All Ireland Qualifier Champions 2022. They have to be red hot favourites against Galway who lets face it are coming out of a really weak Connacht.
Armagh are a force of social contagion
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Halfquarter

Your having a laugh , I presume ?

Armagh18

Aw give up!