Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 08:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Estimator on June 15, 2022, 01:42:45 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on June 15, 2022, 11:25:00 AM
Quote from: screenexile on June 14, 2022, 08:33:44 PM
Was checking Ticketmaster there way more tickets sold than I thought would be for Saturday!!!
They release tickets in sections apparently, so a lot of the greyed out areas haven't been put on sale yet and won't be unless needed.
Looks like the Upper Canal End, along with the Upper Hogan won't be open.
The entire lower tier plus Upper Cusack will be open.

I'm in the upper hogan.

Estimator

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on June 15, 2022, 01:44:13 PM
Quote from: Estimator on June 15, 2022, 01:42:45 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on June 15, 2022, 11:25:00 AM
Quote from: screenexile on June 14, 2022, 08:33:44 PM
Was checking Ticketmaster there way more tickets sold than I thought would be for Saturday!!!
They release tickets in sections apparently, so a lot of the greyed out areas haven't been put on sale yet and won't be unless needed.
Looks like the Upper Canal End, along with the Upper Hogan won't be open.
The entire lower tier plus Upper Cusack will be open.

I'm in the upper hogan.
Meant to say that was for the Derry game.
Looks like most/all of the stadium will be open for Sunday's fixtures
Ulster League Champions 2009

ONeill

The approaches to this game from Derry and Armagh supporters have been interesting to observe.

The Derry ones have been reserved. They are refusing to get too excited and won't look beyond Clare. They're like the Sperrins; hard, cold but toweringly strong
The Armagh ones are like a pile of children on Christmas Eve. They're talking about All Ireland Finals, Sams, takeovers. They're like a Buckfast-tasting convention; jollified, crazy, and a bit messy.

Nothing wrong with either approach but it's just interesting to observe from a county in between them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

APM

Quote from: ONeill on June 22, 2022, 09:36:48 AM
The approaches to this game from Derry and Armagh supporters have been interesting to observe.

The Derry ones have been reserved. They are refusing to get too excited and won't look beyond Clare. They're like the Sperrins; hard, cold but toweringly strong
The Armagh ones are like a pile of children on Christmas Eve. They're talking about All Ireland Finals, Sams, takeovers. They're like a Buckfast-tasting convention; jollified, crazy, and a bit messy.

Nothing wrong with either approach but it's just interesting to observe from a county in between them.

:) That made me laugh!

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2022/0621/1306041-morgan-armagh-have-unbelievable-all-ireland-chance/We have Stephen Maguire in with us from time to time, he works with Sport Ireland (High Performance Coach). One of the things he put forward to us was owning the pitch in terms of your persona. He talked about his time with Team GB and their big thing was owning the warm-up area and going in with the swagger that 'we're going to win'.

"He said that it was visible to him that we didn't have that sense that we were winners this year, or that we expected to win. Anytime we went to play Dublin as reigning champions, Kerry as reigning champions or Monaghan or Donegal as reigning Ulster champions, we always felt that those lads were not going to let it go. There was a feeling that everybody expected us to lose every game this year. That was from the aura we gave off.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Derryman forever

Have no doubt, Clare are a serious outfit and very much a threat to Derry.
We have ti win this game first.

Keyser soze

I think Clare will provide a massive test for Derry on Sunday and I just pray to god that there is no complacency amongst our players about the challenge they will face.

As they showed against Roscommon last time out this Clare team can play a swashbuckling style of football that will eat you if they get a sniff of victory and gain some momentum.

Armagh18

Love to know where you're seeing that with Armagh ones.

Anyway it's been too long since we've been playing at the business end of things. Let us enjoy it!

rrhf

Couldnt be truer.  Derry have calculated this and whilst it may have came a little earlier than planned. They are in a position to take advantage of it and can win Sam.  Armagh had the knives out for mc Geeney 5 weeks ago  now they are in delirium and the county is drunk on dreams and full of gay abandon and all are suckin diesel.. Its great fun altogether and who couldnt but wish them well. The serious question for this year is the openly joyful and gay abandon approach of Armagh be cut down by the method and risk assessment process of Derry in a semi ...

tbrick18

Lets be realistic here, by Monday both Armagh and Derry could be out.
Neither team have the recent consistency to be overly confident about the QF game.

Armagh, still difficult to gauge where they are given how quickly Donegal capitulated the last day out. It looked like a Donegal team low on confidence for some reason and who didn't know what way to play.

Derry, beat a poor Tyrone side, played a barnstorming first half against Monaghan to secure a win, and won an extra time wrestling session with Donegal. Have looked impressive defensively
and have some terrific footballers. But could get beaten by Clare, who have a better recent history in the AI series than Derry do.

Both Armagh and Derry would be foolish to think the weekend games are a foregone conclusion.

From a Derry perspective, if we get passed Clare, I'd like to play Galway to get the opportunity of exacting some revenge from the league game earlier in the year.
But either one of Galway/Armagh will pose serious problems as both are strong running teams.

An Watcher

Let's be realistic, derry are through and I'd make armagh slight favourites in a close battle.

clarshack

Quote from: An Watcher on June 22, 2022, 01:31:51 PM
Let's be realistic, derry are through and I'd make armagh slight favourites in a close battle.

Both Derry and Armagh are red hot favourites for me.

Rossfan

Bad enough listening to Galways with Superior attitudes but now the GAAboard Nordies......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

I don't understand how Armagh are red hot favourites. Galway are a good team. I'd have them slight favourites tbh. They have beat two good teams in Roscommon and Mayo and it hasn't been that hard work for them.

APM

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 22, 2022, 03:53:42 PM
I don't understand how Armagh are red hot favourites. Galway are a good team. I'd have them slight favourites tbh. They have beat two good teams in Roscommon and Mayo and it hasn't been that hard work for them.

Would agree with this,

To be fair, the only ones indulging the idea that Armagh are red hot favourites (or that Armagh supporters are getting carried away), are Tyrone followers with little better to do now than make mischief on a topic (Sam Maguire Qualifiers 2022) that they have little genuine interest in. They have little to be at!